Summer ground work starts | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Summer ground work starts

May 16, 2016
…or encourage the grass to grow through the winter months?
Good point. I read somewhere that grass will grow once the temperature is over a certain temperature, I guess combined with the lighting rigs they use these days, it could theoretically grow all year.

memory man

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
I don’t know much about undersoil heating but I imagine its usefulness goes beyond just preventing games from being postponed. It is probably an additional tool to help optimise the playing surface for any given match.
It just shows how forward-thinking the council was in the 70s. Creating all those pitches at Chelson Meadow on a former council tip meant they had natural undersoil heating.

Sep 6, 2006
Undersoil heating also going in, I reported this back in Feb. I think they’re also installing a segregation rail in the BP end similar to what Arsenal have where the stewards / police can stand in between meaning less seats lost to segregation.
Why has it taken so long for a segregation rail?

Reactions: Babylontiger

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
I hope we're not getting undersoil heating. What a potential waste of money! When was the last time we had a game off for a frozen pitch?

With more games on live TV next season under soil heating takes away the risk of an embarrassing postponement, although the club haven't said USH is being fitted.

Reactions: Keepitgreen
Feb 8, 2005
Why has it taken so long for a segregation rail?

Segregation rail, as it says on the tin, segregates the home and away fans.

Had we gone down, then there would have been empty seats, the majority of the time, had a segregation rail been put in.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Yeah I'm not sure Burton Albion fans need segregating.

Perhaps Birmingham City may need them for next season! 😂

Reactions: tartanjohn
Aug 4, 2011
I personally missed that news about the undersoil heating..... That must be quite a high cost item to install. Haven't seen anything from the club.

Another one of those things that just needs paying for in order for us to catch up and highlights how far behind other clubs we have been.
Don’t think they have announced it so probably why. My understanding is it’s being installed for future proofing, so even though it’s going in, I don’t think there are short term plans to use it

SMG

Oct 22, 2021
Segregation rail, as it says on the tin, segregates the home and away fans.

Had we gone down, then there would have been empty seats, the majority of the time, had a segregation rail been put in.

Could we put 2 or 3 of these rails in to have different configurations for different size away followings?

Jun 27, 2019
Don’t think they have announced it so probably why. My understanding is it’s being installed for future proofing, so even though it’s going in, I don’t think there are short term plans to use it

Undersoil heating is a requirement for entry into the Premier League, so future proofing makes perfect sense. You know, just in case...

FourMarkGreen

Jam First
May 25, 2016
Could we put 2 or 3 of these rails in to have different configurations for different size away followings?
I wondered that too. Although most away followings at HP this season were sold out I recall not all were, so allowing extra home tickets well into the BPE going on sale close to a match on a couple of occasions.

Will the rail be moveable as required, or will there be more than one as SMG asks above?