Swapping DE to BPE and vice versa. | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Swapping DE to BPE and vice versa.

Apr 26, 2023
I've finally settled in the lower Mayflower after a lot of seasons around the ground apart from getting wet I like it there it seems to me the ones who think it should move would not have to give up their seats .

Reactions: Lancastergreen
Jan 27, 2012
The first time I ever watched an Argyle match, I seem to remember that the Derby County fans were in the Devonport end. Some may have been setting their scarves on fire too. Unless my mind is playing tricks on me.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
The first time I ever watched an Argyle match, I seem to remember that the Derby County fans were in the Devonport end. Some may have been setting their scarves on fire too. Unless my mind is playing tricks on me.

If that was the quarter final of the FA Cup first leg, yes that was correct.

EwI9TGoXYAkuXuK.jpg

Unknown.jpeg

Reactions: gaspargomez
Dec 3, 2005
Strangely I almost agree with IJN!
Taking the emotion out of it all, if that's possible.
At the moment, you have the Away fans walking along the back of the Lyndhurst, through the home supporters. Likewise after the game the same. If they were in the Demport End, their coaches could drop them off right outside, straight into the ground, then straight back on the coaches after the game. That makes complete sense. Now the segregation, in the BP end we usually lose around a thousand or more seats, which is ridiculous. You see Manchester, Liverpool & other derbys with just a line or two of Stewards or Police. But if they were in the Demport you have a natural part over the tunnel,using about 150-200 seats. So more seats available to sell. Plus the changing rooms, our players having to walk past the away fans, which at times won't be easy.
But then there is the emotional tradition of being in the Demport. Logic says it's a good idea, but emotional maybe not.

Reactions: Emeraldinho

NLG

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jan 16, 2006
Seems like ijn is just winding people up, no way this will happen, it isn't needed or wanted by most. Let the away support suffer the rain and sun in their faces and keep the flexibility we now have with the variable away support allocation that can now be provided.

• Eye-Roll
Reactions: IJN

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Seems like ijn is just winding people up, no way this will happen, it isn't needed or wanted by most. Let the away support suffer the rain and sun in their faces and keep the flexibility we now have with the variable away support allocation that can now be provided.

I'm not in the habit of doing that. :rolleyes:

Merely pointing out how it might be the time to do it IF they are going to.

NLG

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jan 16, 2006
I'm not in the habit of doing that. :rolleyes:

Merely pointing out how it might be the time to do it IF they are going to.
So not just 5 pages of click bait then 😂

• Haha
Reactions: greenpig27
Aug 13, 2009
Keep it as it is.
Don’t think the booing of teams as they leave the pitch is that big an issue.

Keep the away fans in until the ground and surrounding area is cleared of Argyle fans and take the coaches to the BPE, there’s enough room to reverse a coach down if needs be.

As for walking from the Taverners to any part of the ground it is hardly a marathon!

There is too much history involved to warrant this drastic change for minimal gains

May 19, 2023
Clearly, from the perspective of trying to dilute the impact away fans have on the atmosphere and the logistics of getting them in and out of the ground, the best place for them is in the corner between the devonport and lyndhurst (block 7 I think).

However this brings with it countless logistical problems, it’ll reduce the capacity for a start (the complete opposite of what we should be trying to achieve) as segregation will be needed both sides and I doubt without serious works the facilities beneath can serve this new arrangement.

I’d leave it as is until serious redevelopment takes place, that way at least the capacity will be increased at the time as shifting people around.

Although I wouldn’t be surprised if Ian has been asked to float the original idea to gauge feedback…..

Reactions: Lancastergreen