SWPL game at St Austell Tuesday 7.30pm | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

SWPL game at St Austell Tuesday 7.30pm

Feb 28, 2016
ping_g5":gz20km0v said:
anyone got thr line up? no10 looks quite tidy on the ball.

Off the top of my head that is Steer, can't see who's down the left side due to fog coupled with the commentators understandably struggle with names Aaron Taylor sent off. Rose and Bentley playing well at Centre-half, Cooper pulled off a few good saves. Spirited performance with 10 men by no means out of the game. Steer, Fletcher and Jephcott with the best of our chances. Niggly battle developing5 between on of their lads and Harry Hodges.

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
Argyle down 3-1 14 mins to go

Feb 28, 2016
Of course I want to see us get as high as possible within the pyramid but that said if you judge them on a (school) year by year basis then you can learn more about their character in a defeat. Taylor can feel a little hard done by to be sent off in the SWPL for that IMO although it would be a sending off all day long in L2 and above. Tonight was a good performance on the whole, 10 men, a Centre- Half at left back, 2-1 would have been a much fairer reflection of the game. Thought Cooper played well (in the Facebook comments I thought it a nice touch of class for Cory Harvey to praise him as a player and a lad) great energetic and classy shifts from Steer and Battle. Nice to see Ryan Lane getting more game time. Both Bentley and Rose brilliant tonight, we kept on fighting. Shame about the result but if it had stayed 11 V 11 I think its a different story. Many positives we can still take and pride in the defeat.

Apr 29, 2016
Ben Steer was real quality I thought and never stopped running. Best player by far but two centre backs were pretty good too. Difficult to give too much of an analysis with so much fog in the first half.

Feb 28, 2016
IJN":23m1u618 said:
How did Kevin Hodges son play Mark?

Gave a characteristic performance. Pretty solid, doubt he would be playing in all honesty, if Palfrey wasn't on loan or Sam Ryan was fit so it's a great chance for him to get experience. Needs to be allowed to get on with his game/development and not be pressured to live up to his surname as he is his own man and he is there on merit and he's doing fine.

Jul 25, 2011
MarkMatthews":2ykib75w said:
Of course I want to see us get as high as possible within the pyramid but that said if you judge them on a (school) year by year basis then you can learn more about their character in a defeat. Taylor can feel a little hard done by to be sent off in the SWPL for that IMO although it would be a sending off all day long in L2 and above. Tonight was a good performance on the whole, 10 men, a Centre- Half at left back, 2-1 would have been a much fairer reflection of the game. Thought Cooper played well (in the Facebook comments I thought it a nice touch of class for Cory Harvey to praise him as a player and a lad) great energetic and classy shifts from Steer and Battle. Nice to see Ryan Lane getting more game time. Both Bentley and Rose brilliant tonight, we kept on fighting. Shame about the result but if it had stayed 11 V 11 I think its a different story. Many positives we can still take and pride in the defeat.
Just how high would a league teams reserves be allowed to go up the non league pyramid?
Looking through the various regions I can't see any league teams ?

Dec 29, 2011
I was at the match last night.What impressed me most was the way Kevin Nancekevill constantly encouraged all the players all game .There was no negativity, and all players after the sending off never allowed their heads to go down .No shame in losing when you walk off the pitch knowing you have given 100%