SWPL | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

SWPL

May 8, 2011
Steve Evans":1aufh0l3 said:
i am flabbergasted craig tanner isn't going to donny for tomorrows match!what has he done so wrong?

Must have upset the manager and being taught a lesson.
Could it be that our manager may have been to the Sir Alex school of football management.

Lancastergreen

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Jan 12, 2017
Plymouth
Bodmin are always foul mouthed and according to main better placed followers than I, they are the whiniest in the league. The referee never said a word about the time wasting by Bodmin, the linesman with the beard was useless bordering bias, however, the worst man on the pit h was garita. Why he felt it necessary to swear at one of our players for not passing to his lazy ass is beyond me. A professional? No he is everything but that! Bully didn't stand up to his name, more a pansy, tanner though was the strongest kid on the park for Argyle. Barely a sniff at goal until tanners saved effort in the 90th minute but I would say in all honesty the kids are worth watching and supporting, they may never make it at senior level but they try bloody hard. Now, get rid of garita.

Feb 28, 2016
Green Gary":3ntvonam said:
Argyle beaten by a a much more physical and streetwise side. Regarding the three pros who played at least Tanner put the effort in and looked a decent player whilst Garita looked as if he was playing at his right level. Continuously caught offside and an embarrassing open goal miss in the first half. As for Bulvitis he clearly didn't want to be there, hardly ever challenging for the ball and looking completely uninterested. The young Argyle lads tried to play good football but the combination of Bodmins physicality and a poor pitch made this difficult.
As for Bodmin what a bunch of foul mouthed, whining individuals continuously berating the spineless bunch of officials who let them get away with it. However they did have the best player on the pitch in their number 8 Sullivan who at least was more interested in playing football than moaning and could probably play at a higher level.

I also think it right to exclude Sullivan from those criticisms and indeed, I believe he has already played at an higher level, with Torquay. I thought he was by far their classiest act today in terms of both ability and attitude.

I recognise Fletcher and Battle were both, I believe (stand to be corrected,) part of a team which lost today in London in the U18s competition but if they had been playing in the SWPL today I think they would have tore Bodmin a new one, as they have to most teams in that division. As has been mentioned Garita was shockingly on the shocking side of shocking, even allowing for the amount of times he was flagged for off side (near enough every single time he touched the ball first half, about half of them were him being offside, the other half, he was onside but the ref and lino were bullied into giving it Bodmins way) it was still embarrassing to watch.

To be fair he was an handful but then again, just how much effort or skill does he need to that in the SWPL, given the size of him just being on the pitch is going to mean he is an handful. In his defence as well, I should point out he looks nothing like being any where near fit, the majority of square inches, on his legs are took up with bandages and tape!

Craig Tanner much the same, knowing what he can do and his general attitude, I'm willing to just about give him the benefit of the doubt, really poor game and as someone who is hoping to go on to be a second tier footballer next season with Reading, he can not afford another game as pathetic as that I would suggest.

I said Bulvitis was really the most disappointing for me, his attitude really stunk on top of a really poor performance and I was really disappointed, when I overheard people talking, saying he had told an apprentice who had questioned his commitment at half time, to Foxtrot Oscar. Just no need for it, complete lack of class and respect, that's me putting it mildly, as I wasn't there and have only over head half a story. I know stuff gets said but I don't believe for a second ,Bulvitis would have done anything "in the heat of moment" today, he was that uninterested. I will be surprised if we ever see him play in the first team again and frankly I would not be disappointed to see him go.

Really disappointed in all three of them as senior pros being so silent. Your two nil down, three nil down in a team full of teens. Encourage them, support them, be vocal, don't let their heads drop! Credit to Bill Palfrey the SWPL captain, he was exemplary in trying to rally the troops. Callum Rose chipped in doing that, Ben Steer did it as did Cooper. Not a peep out of the three pros, their heads were the first to drop. Would they have dared put in such performances if they weren't safe in the knowledge: Adams, Brewster and Wotton weren't there and on their way to Donny? I seriously doubt it.

Bodmin probably deserved a win, but a 1-0 win. We might as well have had 8 men out there, in fact the eight:apprentices, pro development lads and Ryan Lane (I don't even know what he is classed as these days!) would have done better without: Garita, Tanner and Bulvitis. They all wanted to fight and play for each other.

One thing that's not been mentioned, I was stood at the opposite end ( I always like to stand more towards the end we are attacking) but even I could see the penalty they got was from a foul at least a yard and half outside the box, I double checked in the bar at half time with people stood down that end, they all said the same.

Part of me thinks we were a bit naïve second half, for not trying to bully a ref and lino who were weak and would give into bullying, the bigger part of me is proud of the apprentices and Pro-Dev lads at least, that we stuck to the way we play because I don't want us ending up bringing players through like Bodmin have. Credit it to them it works for them but if that's football you can keep it, I wouldn't pay a fiver to go and watch it every week.