Take Notice | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Take Notice

Oct 3, 2003
Dundee
I reckon drunkness might work on the are or aren't level, racism probably more of an instinctive fail, a sliding scale, like say selfishness or addiction.

Anyhow, do like the steward handshake idea, welcome to home park my ansum; the contextual force and ordering titillation aside.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Loads of Liverpool stewards shook hands with our fans.

Love the idea.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
The 'City of Plymouth' toilet rolls were anything but soft.

Feb 21, 2008
Plymouth
argobenz":1a6gn9yb said:
I hate all this leftie bulls*it

Making players shake hands before a game,
Ordering fans not to be racist (You either are, or aren't no one can order you),
Booking players for celebrating, it is supposed to be entertainment!!
Expecting a team to give up position when a player is injured (Only to see him jump up and spring moments later :furious: it should be the ref's call and the team with possession take a free kick from where it was stopped, not boot it back to their goalie.

Take Notice 2
No celebrations when a goal is scored as it could be seen as offensive to the visitors
No colours to be worn as it might offend the visitors
Compulsory to applaud when the opponents score to stop them feeling unwanted
No standing to celebrate a goal as it might lead to someone losing their balance and suing the club
Line the stewards up before entering the stadium and force everyone to shake their hands
Submit a request before starting any chant, this must be done at the previous game and a specific time will be allocated.

:banghead: :banghead:
It's hardly leftie bullsh*t. Some of the European clubs in Italy and Germany have an extremely left-wing fan culture, even stretching as far as anarchism in some cases yet nobody ever accuses them of being sterile. They also tend to give up possession when a player is injured, this is something that's been the case in football across nations for decades and isn't specific to anything 'lefty'. That said, referees are trying to phase it out precisely because of the amount of timewasting that does go on.

If anything, you could point to the economically right-wing ideology of market neoliberalism as being responsible for the commodification and gentrification of the game in the fashion you decry. The constant greed to eek the most money possible from the consumers out of football is responsible for what could be termed as the 'cinema-facation' of the game rather than the ideologies of the left.

Besides which, i think that's a bit of an overreaction to Argyle's statement in any case. They're asking fans not to throw coins at anyone or racially abuse anyone. There's a wide range from that to 'ordering fans applaud a goal so the opposition team don't feel unwanted'.

999mattyg

✅ Evergreen
🚑 Steve Hooper
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 13, 2007
Launceston
argobenz":t4slzllv said:

Ordering fans not to be racist (You either are, or aren't no one can order you),
Expecting a team to give up position when a player is injured (Only to see him jump up and spring moments later :furious: it should be the ref's call and the team with possession take a free kick from where it was stopped, not boot it back to their goalie.

Take Notice 2
No celebrations when a goal is scored as it could be seen as offensive to the visitors
No standing to celebrate a goal as it might lead to someone losing their balance and suing the club
Line the stewards up before entering the stadium and force everyone to shake their hands
Submit a request before starting any chant, this must be done at the previous game and a specific time will be allocated.

A slight over reaction mate! Hardly leftie bullsh1t! It's the law!
If you think shouting racist abuse, or incitement to racial hatred as it's legally known, is acceptable then maybe you need to have a look in the mirror!
Clearly there has been some incident and the club are just highlighting their response. In further mitigation the club even state that: 'each incident will be dealt with on its own merits'.
Nothing to see here IMO.

Feb 8, 2005
Maybe the Club, unbeknown, have had an inspection at one of our previous matches, and been advised to put out the notice as part of the "Keep Racism out of football" thing.

Nov 28, 2005
PLYMOUTH
999mattyg":2d8q965x said:
argobenz":2d8q965x said:

Take Notice 2

A slight over reaction mate! Hardly leftie bullsh1t! It's the law!
If you think shouting racist abuse, or incitement to racial hatred as it's legally known, is acceptable then maybe you need to have a look in the mirror!
Clearly there has been some incident and the club are just highlighting their response. In further mitigation the club even state that: 'each incident will be dealt with on its own merits'.
Nothing to see here IMO.

You totally missed the point, I'm not a racist, I am lucky enough to have a position where I travel the World extensively, and can proudly state I have friends in most parts of the world of a wide range of races and religions.

My point is shoving some values down my throat when they don't relate to me, and the corrupt world of football acting sanctimoniously does get my goat. I just want to watch a game and enjoy the event not get preached to.

Nov 28, 2005
PLYMOUTH
GreenSam":qrtjklxo said:
argobenz":qrtjklxo said:

Take Notice 2

It's hardly leftie bullsh*t. Some of the European clubs in Italy and Germany have an extremely left-wing fan culture, even stretching as far as anarchism in some cases yet nobody ever accuses them of being sterile. They also tend to give up possession when a player is injured, this is something that's been the case in football across nations for decades and isn't specific to anything 'lefty'. That said, referees are trying to phase it out precisely because of the amount of timewasting that does go on.

If anything, you could point to the economically right-wing ideology of market neoliberalism as being responsible for the commodification and gentrification of the game in the fashion you decry. The constant greed to eek the most money possible from the consumers out of football is responsible for what could be termed as the 'cinema-facation' of the game rather than the ideologies of the left.

Besides which, i think that's a bit of an overreaction to Argyle's statement in any case. They're asking fans not to throw coins at anyone or racially abuse anyone. There's a wide range from that to 'ordering fans applaud a goal so the opposition team don't feel unwanted'.

Ironically, those who would think it clever to throw coins are very unlikely to read or care about what the club thinks. My moan was about the corrupt world of football sanctimoniously telling innocent fans how to behave.

999mattyg

✅ Evergreen
🚑 Steve Hooper
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 13, 2007
Launceston
argobenz":28pqgjhq said:
GreenSam":28pqgjhq said:
argobenz":28pqgjhq said:

Take Notice 2

Ironically, those who would think it clever to throw coins are very unlikely to read or care about what the club thinks. My moan was about the corrupt world of football sanctimoniously telling innocent fans how to behave.

I get your point bud but the club has to be seen to be proactive despite the 'knuckle draggers'.
Sorry if I misunderstood your intention.

May 16, 2016
Guiri Green":14wq5b8v said:
Not sure why that being put up is a problem for anyone. Maybe they've had an authoritive whisper in their own ear ?

Maybe they've been reading that there Social Media stuff. I'm sure someone could spin it into some sort of 'the Fans have spoken' type of moral victory.

Funny old world sometimes.

Feb 21, 2008
Plymouth
argobenz":1u8cnaht said:
GreenSam":1u8cnaht said:
argobenz":1u8cnaht said:

Take Notice 2

Perhaps but this definitely wasn't that- it's hardly the best example