Tats. | Page 9 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Tats.

Apr 15, 2024
How do you know they are long time supporters ? There are a lot of people I haven't seen before this season I've been going to Argyle since late 80s away and you get used to seeing certain people this year not the same don't see that many I remember from back in the day
Whilst I agree with the sentiment and I liked this post, I'm 44 but I probably fit as a face you don't recognise from the old days. I had a season ticket at Spurs for 20+ years but have lived in Cornwall for the past 7 so I wanted my boy, who's now 8, to support his most local team. We started going to Home Park 2 years ago and are season ticket holders. What a time to get him indoctrinated! I want him to have the opportunity to experience home and away days that I did. To my mind, this is how football should be. If I don't take him, he can't go so judgement about being someone that isn't recognised by long term away supporters maybe should be tempered somewhat.

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
On the one hand, I can definitely see why long time supporters who have missed out on an away ticket might get annoyed because they’re seeing someone like Tats getting tickets easily when he has only recently started supporting the club and when he probably doesn’t have the same number of loyalty points they may have. I’d probably be one of them if I’d have wanted to go to Millwall yesterday and I’d have missed out (I’m not an ST holder anymore). But on the other hand, people should be directing their frustration at either the club or at the people who are helping Tats to get away tickets, not at Tats himself, he seems like a thoroughly likeable and a totally harmless chap who is over here living his dream.
What a load of baloney!

So what you are saying, and you are highly critical of, is PASOTI handing out dozens of freebie tickets each season.

Why’s that then?

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
That isn’t what I said Andy. What I’m saying is that I can see why some supporters who have missed out on a ticket for a crucial game might be annoyed to see a supporter getting given tickets who has possibly been to less games than them. That frustration shouldn’t be aimed at Tats though and anyone who has given him stick is a massive kn*b. Also, I’m only talking about about away games because it’s still pretty easy to get tickets for home games.

Koala Green

🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
✅ Evergreen
Mar 17, 2012
How Tats has been treated by a handful of so called supporters makes my blood boil. He is an overwhelming bundle of positivity for the club and the area, and for those to criticise the guy for coming on quite literally a pilgrimage for a few weeks and get abused is just awful. Hopefully he realises it is very much the minority.

As an overseas fan now like Tats this whole concept of fan hierarchy irritates me immensely. While physically we cannot attend, financially we contribute with Argyle TV which is like half a season ticket, then Evergreen is paid which is costing me about 350 aussie dollars a season. About 200 pounds. For that I don’t get many benefits being overseas as most benefits you need to be in the Uk. However I want to support the club.

Then there is the time commitment supporting Argyle at unsociable hours. For most of the season (and Tats will be a couple of hours difference to Australia) games are on between 2am and 4am Sunday morning (now with recent clock changes it’s a social Midnight to 2am). Evening kick offs now start at 4.45am. I’ve watched every game live this season.

I’m not complaining, just highlighting that this concept of Tats and other fans of somehow being in a different bracket to those who attend the games in person is completely misguided. I have nothing but total respect for the Green Army spending a couple of thousand a season travelling the country but Tats also spent a few thousand travelling to see his team too. It just happens to be flight, accomodation etc plus what he spends in Japan too.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
That isn’t what I said Andy. What I’m saying is that I can see why some supporters who have missed out on a ticket for a crucial game might be annoyed to see a supporter getting given tickets who has possibly been to less games than them. That frustration shouldn’t be aimed at Tats though and anyone who has given him stick is a massive kn*b. Also, I’m only talking about about away games because it’s still pretty easy to get tickets for home games.

We also have a no knobhead policy when giving out tickets!

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Fair enough.

Reactions: Cobi Budge
Jun 24, 2008
Yorkshire
Seriously I met Tats on Saturday fantastic kid and anybody having a go is not right.
I'm an exile but have done 16 away games this season but after all these years I have missed out on games that I would have liked to attend but I have to just get on with it
Tbh at this point this season I'm of the mind if we go down what is the point of it all if we cannot even manage to compete for a season at this level and if we stay up with this new Sky money I'm probably not going to be going as much because of all the strange kick off times we are likely to be putting on us. I've a funny feeling that within 5 years this sky deal could change football beyond everything we have been used to anyway. That's what happens when you dance with the devil

999mattyg

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 13, 2007
Launceston
It’s a tiny minority of, knuckle dragging morons, that engage in this behaviour, but that’s life unfortunately. A bit like the minority of Millwall fans that decided to invade the pitch and then abuse the Argyle fans! Every club has them. Every village, town, city and country. Welcome to the human race! 🙄💚

• Eye-Roll
Reactions: Lancastergreen

Moleman

✅ Evergreen
Feb 19, 2006
Plymouth
The guy (Tats) is bonkers but in the best way possible! He brings such positivity and spreads happiness wherever he goes. He was a breath of fresh air last season and has been a much needed lift from the gloom this season. It seems unfortunately that some people are just so miserable that they can’t stand others being happy and want to drag them down to their level. I really hope he sees through the minority and sees just how much joy he brings. I’m more than happy to see him get tickets for both home and away games. He has turned into an unofficial ambassador for Argyle, Plymouth and both Devon & Cornwall. The world would be a far far nicer place with more people like him in it!

Jun 4, 2015
Ford
I worry that the disgusting antics of those racist morons have tainted his view of the GA and put him off coming back next year (or maybe ever). Has anything been sent directly to the lad to reassure him of the overwhelming support he has from the rest of us? Travel to Japan and back isn’t exactly cheap (I know first hand as I’m going on holiday there in November) so it’s a tremendous commitment on his part each year which some obviously fail to recognise.

vibratingspider

Joined 1996
Jam First
Oct 1, 2006
I worry that the disgusting antics of those racist morons have tainted his view of the GA and put him off coming back next year (or maybe ever). Has anything been sent directly to the lad to reassure him of the overwhelming support he has from the rest of us? Travel to Japan and back isn’t exactly cheap (I know first hand as I’m going on holiday there in November) so it’s a tremendous commitment on his part each year which some obviously fail to recognise.
Fully agree, presumably someone like @IJN can translate this thread for him? The guy has such enthusiasm for Argyle, I would be absolutely gutted if he turned his back on the club because of the actions of a handful of idiots. They do not represent 99.99% of the fanbase yet they've clearly rattled him which is desperately sad.

Dec 20, 2022
He's on facebook and twitter, he's been inundated with nice messages but I'm sure he'd like another if you do that sort of thing!