Team for Wimbledon/predictions | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Team for Wimbledon/predictions

Leo's Grandad

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 18, 2011
Sunny Plymouth
I'd change nothing and concentrate on making the winning team from the weekend play even better together...

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
I'd like us to take this reasonably seriously, if we get teams in League One it'll be a good test of where we are in comparison to them, but I don't think there's any we couldn't beat on our day. It's a winnable competition and one I'd like to see us win.

Jun 11, 2012
Threlkeld for Mellor, Wylde for Tanner.

GK - McCormick
RB - Threlkeld
RCB - Nelson
LCB - Hartley
LB - Sawyer
DM - McHugh
RCM - Carey
LCM - Boateng
RW - Jervis
ST - Brunt
LW - Wylde

Apr 17, 2013
Will it be possible to buy away tickets on the night on Tuesday at AFC Wimbledon?
There is very little info on either club's sites that says anything at all as far as I can see....

Aug 22, 2006
I'm with my cousin now who works for the club. He's been told that tickets will be available on the day and we've got the whole of the john Green stand which is all seating. There are just under a thousand seats. Usually we only get a seating area in the corner. It's a tenner.

Is there still the rule that you have to play a near-full-strength team?

23 McCormick

26 Threlkeld
5 Nelson
6 Hartley
16 Purrington

7 Cox
20 Boateng

27 Tanner
10 Carey
11 Wylde

17 Brunt

Subs: 30 Cory Harvey, 2 Mellor, 3 Sawyer, 4 McHugh, 14 Jervis, 15 Tyler Harvey, 24 Rooney.

Jul 2, 2014
Argy1e":jt5byaem said:
Threlkeld for Mellor, Wylde for Tanner.

GK - McCormick
RB - Threlkeld
RCB - Nelson
LCB - Hartley
LB - Sawyer
DM - McHugh
RCM - Carey
LCM - Boateng
RW - Jervis
ST - Brunt
LW - Wylde

I'd like us to take this reasonably seriously, if we get teams in League One it'll be a good test of where we are in comparison to them, but I don't think there's any we couldn't beat on our day. It's a winnable competition and one I'd like to see us win.

This team. More important than the risk of possible injury (which could as easily happen at Stevenage - actually far more likely because it is Stevenage after all), the overriding importance is to sustain a winning mentality. The players should never get the message that a game is not important. A win on Tuesday will give the team confidence on Saturday, a loss will lower morale and the winning belief that we have. If we are up by three with ten to go, put in a young player who could benefit from the experience - we do have true starters like Cox, Tanner, Simpson (if not still recovering) are true starters that could come on at any time as needed without blunting our edge. I am a little on the edge with replacing Mellor with Threlkeld as he put in his best performance on Saturday (until he flagged a little at the end) and I wouldn't want him to get the wrong message.

pilgrimmike1

R.I.P
Oct 5, 2010
oggieland
My prediction is it will be played on grass by blokes wearing boots and the ones dessed in purple or royal lilac or pink will win by scoring two goals as apposed to the Wombles nil. I also predict it will be played out in front of 2900 paying fans made up of 500 Argyle fans and only 2500 wombles coming to the surface. :scarf:

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
pilgrimmike1":2podnq9t said:
My prediction is it will be played on grass by blokes wearing boots and the ones dessed in purple or royal lilac or pink will win by scoring two goals as apposed to the Wombles nil. I also predict it will be played out in front of 2900 paying fans made up of 500 Argyle fans and only 2500 wombles coming to the surface. :scarf:

I predict that the away team will score two to the home team's nil. I also predict that, one day, everyone will accept my sincere belief that 2,500 plus 500 equals 3,000. I also predict this appropriate paint pot emoticon! :stir: :scarf:

Feb 14, 2015
Falmouth, Cornwall
Wimbledon 1-2 Argyle, weaker team.

Any Idea how many fans we're taking?

McCormick
Threlkeld
Hartley
Nelson
Purrington
Simpson
Cox
Tanner
Harvey
Wylde
Brunt

I suppose Adams being Adams, he'll still want a decent team playing.

C

Cobi Budge.

McCormick

Threlkeld, Nelson, McHugh, Purrington

Tanner, Cox, Boateng, Wylde

Brunt, Rooney

AFCW 1 Argyle 1 (Argyle win 5 4 on pens)