The AFT giving parking updates... | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

The AFT giving parking updates...

Jan 6, 2007
Just seen this thread
Firstly thank you to Ian for pointing out that the AFT have put a parking update on Facebook I shall certainly keep an eye out in the future, well done Tony for warning others nice and early!
Also helpful of Ian for drawing my attention to the fact that parking is getting worse on a matchday, (not worried about the rest of the week as I'm from Helston). Had to park/abandon the car near Francines chippy yesterday, i dread to think what it'll be like when the offices, ice rink, hotel, nandos....etc are open

Jan 6, 2007
Mind you, with the results we're getting, and the style of football we have to endure I doubt parking will be much of an issue for much longer

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I must admit I'm in a stinking mood after watching that yesterday lads, so bear with me a bit.

John, I've certainly no axe to grind with you (or Tony Cannan for that matter) either mate, just being a tad mischievous if I'm honest.

As Mark has said, if our results/performances don't improve, it'll be all academic.

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
āœ… Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
Sep 30, 2003
NorfolkGreen":3bqbmhb8 said:
Daz":3bqbmhb8 said:
SteelCannon":3bqbmhb8 said:
Sorry Ian....totally clutching at straws there. I was up at HP early for our meeting at 11:30. Nothing to do with membership numbers, HHP, yesterday's breakfast or the price of stamps....just letting people know as it was unusually full for the time of day.

Have done it before. Totally unnecessary criticism.

Nothing to see. Move on.

Why don't you just respond to how many members you have and then he can move on?

I assume AFT has a contact address, why the need to constantly ask on here, it appears to only be for one purpose and as others have said, is tiresome.

NG the AFT chair posts on here so why not ask directly so everyone knows the answer? What you are saying is that if i saw Tony yesterday i couldn't ask him about the AFT as i have to email them as their address is on their website? If they do answer, Ian will know and he can put his theory to bed or we will know that the AFT is a small group of people that's actions should be judged on their membership.

I honestly don't care either way, but i can't see how the AFT can ever ask for transparency from the board when they are clearly the least transparent Argyle body out there. It just seems totally unnecessary to not to answer the question.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Unless of course the actual number of paid up members is laughable.

I'm not saying it is, but why on earth is this not being answered?

The Doctor

šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
The minutes of the last AFT AGM (January 2017) do not include an exact figure but estimate ~950 paid-up members. The next AGM is in 20 days time on December 9th. Presumably, an accurate, up-to-date figure will be reported then.

Looking at the AGM minutes itā€™s notable that the AFT had over Ā£11,000 in the bank. Adult membership is Ā£10 so the AFT ought to be getting thousands of pounds of income each year. Iā€™m not aware that the AFT does much that actually costs money so Iā€™d imagine that the balance in the bank could be pushing up towards Ā£20,000 by now.

[I am a member of the AFT]

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Oct 31, 2010
The Doctor":3tg7iglc said:
The minutes of the last AFT AGM (January 2017) do not include an exact figure but estimate ~950 paid-up members. The next AGM is in 20 days time on December 9th. Presumably, an accurate, up-to-date figure will be reported then.

Looking at the AGM minutes itā€™s notable that the AFT had over Ā£11,000 in the bank. Adult membership is Ā£10 so the AFT ought to be getting thousands of pounds of income each year. Iā€™m not aware that the AFT does much that actually costs money so Iā€™d imagine that the balance in the bank could be pushing up towards Ā£20,000 by now.

[I am a member of the AFT]

It looks like the 950 estimate figure was based on membership in September 2016.

The previous AGM in November 2015 stated there were 1,020 members with 870 being adult paying members.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Oct 31, 2010
There's currently plenty of room in the car park for those who are interested.