The Beautiful Game (child abuse scandal) | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

The Beautiful Game (child abuse scandal)

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I don't even know what that means.

Be careful what you say Mike, the Mods are fuming with your comment.

Very spiteful and unnecessary. An apology would be good.

dunlop

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 17, 2009
Ian I asked in a polite manner why it been moved especially to opinions (I know you have moved it) and could they explain why moving such a sensitive topic without any reason could be seen by some as let's say morally wrong without giving a reason.

No where did I say they did condone it.

Perhaps you should ask you site manager why he has an issue with me.

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
dunlop":16c4t8hi said:
Ian I asked in a polite manner why it been moved especially to opinions (I know you have moved it) and could they explain why moving such a sensitive topic without any reason could be seen by some as let's say morally wrong without giving a reason.

No where did I say they did condone it.

Perhaps you should ask you site manager why he has an issue with me.

Mods could you explain why this topic has been moved to terraces, it dominates all news and sports channels under the headline football child abuse, hiding it on terraces could be seen as Pasoti condoning this issue.

No you didn't! You demanded...if you ask in a polite manner, a question usually has a please in there somewhere.

You also quoted Terraces, not Opinions - which is the correct forum for this subject.

It, currently...hopefully, has nothing whatsoever to do with Argyle, so why would it remain in the main forum? You answered it yourself with the piece in blue.

The item in red might just explain why ALL of the Mods have an issue with you.

Jan 3, 2013
Come on guys, sensitive issue that can affect us all as law abiding parents and grandparents.
Let's not fall out over some filthy perverted individuals that IMHO are not fit to be alive on this earth

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
I think we should all take a step away from this extremely and understandably emotive subject. Although I have posted on this subject myself, in retrospect I feel it is a topic that is unsuited for a public forum, I think it better that a line be drawn under our involvement and the matter be left to those best suited to investigate historic child abuse, i.e. the police, and that those who are guilty are dealt with by the courts.

Apr 21, 2005
Plympton
Knarf Reprah":3gfh77e7 said:
Come on guys, sensitive issue that can affect us all as law abiding parents and grandparents.
Let's not fall out over some filthy perverted individuals that IMHO are not fit to be alive on this earth

Abusers can come from any walk of life and I would suspect most of us know of someone who has, or is, suffering. This 'beautiful game' is no different from the church or any number of other institutions, sports or pastimes in which contact with vulnerable people can be used by those desiring to abuse others.

I have posted little on here for some time as football has had to take a back seat whilst I, as a grandfather, had to become the carer/guardian of two youngsters whose parents unable and unfit to care for them. Allegations of abuse have also been made but as both adults involved suffer mental health issues it is unlikely to be resolved in court even after investigation. It has been nearly 2 years now and the amount of experts, social workers, psychologist, psychiatrists , police etc involved is astounding, but no one seems able to offer explanations or cures, instead we all just try to sort the crap out as it comes up so I don't think there is any easy answer or cure for those perpetrators of abuse, and there is not enough understanding or help for those suffering. With one child now in care whilst the wife and I care for the other there will never be a 'happy outcome' in this case but hopefully the children will be saved from further harm.

Football, as with any other situation in which abuse can be perpetrated needs to ensure it has systems in place to protect those at risk but, unfortunately, those wishing to do ill will always exploit any weakness.

Definitely a sensitive issue but not one that should be kept secret. Those players now willing to open up about abuse may well save others from suffering in the future.

Quinny

Cream First
Jul 15, 2006
Kenton, Devon
Lots of thoughts on this but, in a nutshell...

1) "Stringing them up" - there is no place for capital punishment in a civilised society. As abhorrant as these individuals are, society has to set the moral benchmark above the actions of the most wicked: we don't stoop to their level. Unfortunately, as many of us are parents / grandparents / uncles / etc to children we all love, we are very subjective when it comes to paedophiles. The Law is there to ensure justice is objective and fair for all. That being said, paedophiles are recidivists so more should be done to ensure those who are convicted have zero contact (or as close to that as possible) with vunerable children ... either that or chemical castration.

BTW - I'm saying this as someone who found out that my grandfather - who was alive at the time - sexually abused my mum and her sisters when they were young. When I found out I had to be forcibly restrained from jumping in the car, blasting over to Southway and pummelling the sh*t out of him. I wanted him dead ... but that was my emotions taking over. My mum (who was the victim, after all) didn't.

2) A tad unfair for a few comments aimed at FIFA. They may well be corrupt ar$eholes but I'm sure the powers-that-be there wouldn't want to brush accusations under the proverbial carpet. Taking a back-hander and a couple of rolex watches is one thing, but abuse is entirely different. At least wait until we see how they react before condemning them.

3) I read a few interesting comments from the Scottish FA regarding this a few days ago - especially as rumours were rife some time ago about the sexual abuse of youth players at Celtic in the 60s and 70s.

4) I can guarantee you this won't be limited to football. There will be paedophiles trying their luck in other sports where they could have access to children: tennis, athletics/gymnastics and swimming most definitely spring to mind.

Jul 7, 2005
Sorry if mentioned before but Devon and Cornwall police are the latest force to be involved in investigations.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Greenheart":tf9y61bn said:
Sorry if mentioned before but Devon and Cornwall police are the latest force to be involved in investigations.

It will be interesting to identify which professional club in the SW are caught up in this sad issue.

dunlop

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 17, 2009
Listening to channel 4 news tonight this problem is getting worse by the day wth more people coming forward.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Quintrell_Green":2jak9gv5 said:
Greenheart":2jak9gv5 said:

It will be interesting to identify which professional club in the SW are caught up in this sad issue.

Has someone said that a 'professional club' in involved? I hadn't read that.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
IJN":1rbenlr5 said:
Quintrell_Green":1rbenlr5 said:
Greenheart":1rbenlr5 said:

Has someone said that a 'professional club' in involved? I hadn't read that.

I cannot absolutely say it is, but the BBC Sports digital news item that with umpteen other forces, the Cornwall & Devon Police were investigating a complaint, was included with the Football League news item on the professional players who had already made formal complaints to the various forces. You could say it is included by association?