The Defence, Midfield or Attack | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

The Defence, Midfield or Attack

Mar 14, 2009
memory man":kmnieqxi said:
edengreen":kmnieqxi said:
We need energy in midfield and someone who can commit to joining the attack
Carey was far to deep first half and tbh looked like Jervis and grant were full backs first half
We do not win enough 2nd balls in midfield and do not link play
Big Jervis fan but from today's showing if ainsworth and Wylde can't get into that side then we may as well release them as both wingers were terrible

Also time for Sawyer to go back to left back as he is being targeted at RB and is more prone to attack then ATS who always plays the safe easy ball rather than trying to beat a man down the line
I cannot get to as many games as I would like so I am always reluctant to join the debates. But I have seen ATS twice and was immediately impressed with his attacking prowess, especially at Bradford City (League game). Ainsworth too was impressive that day - all the while he is running with the ball we are not defending!

From the brief glimpses l have seen, l too like Ainsworth. He has pace and trickery. Jervis does an OK job but not enough to have stopped Ainsworth having a run in the side. Which is what has happened.

Mar 23, 2011
Fareham
We spent £15,000 on Paris Cowan-Hall did we not? So how we don't have that money considering the promotion and money spinning FA cup tie is rather concerning..

That's not to say I am advocating splashing the cash, just curious as to why we appear to be worse off..