THE Home Park planning hearing thread + subsequent chat. | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

THE Home Park planning hearing thread + subsequent chat.

Dec 6, 2012
Plymouth, England, PL2 3HG
Glynn":3h7tnnmm said:
It always makes me laugh how they call themselves the The Friends of Central Park as everytime i am anywhere near it theres always loads of dog muck around. Surely there 1st priority is to pick up the poop haha.
Near or in CP?
I've never had to swerve to avoid any dog poo,you must be dead unlucky!!

T

Tynan's Dad

I'm against this plan for many reasons. My main concern is that Central Park should be preserved as a parkland; a place for the people of Plymouth to use for recreation. The development of the grandstand would, in my opinion, improve the area for all as it would be built on pretty much the same footprint and would replace an old and decrepit (albeit historical) stand. I feel that an ice-rink would also fit in well with the immediate locality with the football ground and Life Centre next door.

However, to build student accommodation and a hotel do not fit in with the idea of improving the area for the people of Plymouth. Allowing this could well set a precedence for encroaching into the rest of Central Park or other parks around Plymouth with similar developments of non-leisure facilities.

I also have reservations regarding the capacity and design, but I could accept the reasons for a smaller capacity and boring design if it meant getting a new stand. The other reasons I cannot accept.

Sep 28, 2011
Tynan's Dad":2ui5ecum said:
I'm against this plan for many reasons. My main concern is that Central Park should be preserved as a parkland; a place for the people of Plymouth to use for recreation. The development of the grandstand would, in my opinion, improve the area for all as it would be built on pretty much the same footprint and would replace an old and decrepit (albeit historical) stand. I feel that an ice-rink would also fit in well with the immediate locality with the football ground and Life Centre next door.

However, to build student accommodation and a hotel do not fit in with the idea of improving the area for the people of Plymouth. Allowing this could well set a precedence for encroaching into the rest of Central Park or other parks around Plymouth with similar developments of non-leisure facilities.

I also have reservations regarding the capacity and design, but I could accept the reasons for a smaller capacity and boring design if it meant getting a new stand. The other reasons I cannot accept.
the hotel and cinema are being built on pafc land.
You know, the brown land thats a sh*t tip at the back?
Jeez

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Tynan's Dad":1jl7xgfp said:

What student accommodation is there...? You mean the school?

Jul 25, 2011
Biggs":3nsxbn6h said:
EJH, not quoting all those pics again but you've compared opposite sides of the Life Centre! The front actually does look similar to the CGIs:

5101451.jpg

All I know re the Grandstand is that the architectural drawings show the new stand to be substantially taller than the horseshoe. At a guess I'd say the increased legroom, splitting of tiers, corner buildings cutting out about 2k of potential capacity, and the truss and roof adding to the height, are factors.

Regarding the legroom, at Southend on Saturday it felt like I was in a 5-6k stadium. The stadium actually holds 10k, but the legroom had to be a huge factor in that. I was 'sitting' in a space that simply wasn't big enough for one grown adult. The point is, legroom is going to be bigger in the new stand and is definitely a factor in the stand looking bigger than other c5k structures. Now for those padded seats....
Ok at last someone who has seen the dimensions of the new stands tread and depth for the seats as you have clearly stated 'the leg room will be bigger in the new stand' could you please share the information because the last time this was stated it had to be filed under pasoti fact as not one person on here could back the claim our new micro stand would provide anything of the sort. Also 'padded seats' where did you hear this? Is this throughout the whole stand or just the piddly shelf where the super chums will rewarded for their deeds? Look forward to at last knowing the actual leg room and how much bigger it will be,last time it was mentioned to try to sell us the micro stand it just sounded like a pack of lies.

Jan 31, 2005
South Devon
www.pafc.co.uk
Hi all,

A gentle bump after the depression of yesterday afternoon.

Two things:

For those of you looking to come along to the planning meeting on Thursday, I think we need to be there pretty sharp at 4. If you are thinking of asking to speak (strict 3 minute max), details are on the PCC website.

Secondly, if anyone would like a copy of my letter, please email me at my address below.

Although the vibes were being reported as positive last week, apathy remains a worrying factor for me. So, if you're thinking of doing something, please do it!

Regards,

Jul 25, 2011
with-menace":3qvsayqa said:
Biggs":3qvsayqa said:
EJH, not quoting all those pics again but you've compared opposite sides of the Life Centre! The front actually does look similar to the CGIs:

5101451.jpg

All I know re the Grandstand is that the architectural drawings show the new stand to be substantially taller than the horseshoe. At a guess I'd say the increased legroom, splitting of tiers, corner buildings cutting out about 2k of potential capacity, and the truss and roof adding to the height, are factors.

Regarding the legroom, at Southend on Saturday it felt like I was in a 5-6k stadium. The stadium actually holds 10k, but the legroom had to be a huge factor in that. I was 'sitting' in a space that simply wasn't big enough for one grown adult. The point is, legroom is going to be bigger in the new stand and is definitely a factor in the stand looking bigger than other c5k structures. Now for those padded seats....
Ok at last someone who has seen the dimensions of the new stands tread and depth for the seats as you have clearly stated 'the leg room will be bigger in the new stand' could you please share the information because the last time this was stated it had to be filed under pasoti fact as not one person on here could back the claim our new micro stand would provide anything of the sort. Also 'padded seats' where did you hear this? Is this throughout the whole stand or just the piddly shelf where the super chums will rewarded for their deeds? Look forward to at last knowing the actual leg room and how much bigger it will be,last time it was mentioned to try to sell us the micro stand it just sounded like a pack of lies.
No one going there then? I didn't think so.

Jan 31, 2005
South Devon
www.pafc.co.uk
Hi WM

Yes, the seats do have significantly more space allocated to them than the rest of the ground - I can't see which thread it was on but I recall John Lloyd mentioning the details a while ago. The dimensions are on the plans.

I also remember that the AFT reps asked the club to consider reducing the space per seat & reconfigure the plans, as this would allow for tens / few hundred more seats (I don't remember the actual number). I know that the club considered this in the written response to the AFT.

Hope this help.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
with-menace":18rlxwa4 said:
with-menace":18rlxwa4 said:
Biggs":18rlxwa4 said:

No one going there then? I didn't think so.

Sorry, was concentrating on the actual football...weird I know. All I was saying is that the legroom in the new stand will clearly be substantially more than in the temporary 5k stand I posted that Blackpool threw up, and the stand will look bigger as a consequence. I assume the dugouts, disabled seating, corner buildings eat into the seating figures as well. Anyway, your points are academic, because the stand's size will reflect both the planning documents and the CGIs. The architects are http://www.bdp.com/, they're not a bunch of cowboys.

And the padded seats comment was wishful (but hopefully realistic) thinking.

Dec 7, 2006
with-menace":3ng17n7p said:
Biggs":3ng17n7p said:

5101451.jpg

What the hell are you getting so worked up about, anyway? I seem to recall in another post that you were having a hissy fit and washing your hands of Argyle over the issue? If you're not going to be coming to HP anymore then what's it to you? :roll:

L

Lee Jameson

PL2 3DQ":15fedvzn said:
Thanks Tony. Good news regarding the statement but disappointing that some members of the PASB don't support the development. As the PASB represents the fans can we be told which members are for or against the development?

I wish to clarify that I supported a letter from PASB to the Council.

I can not talk for all London Branch members but the majority who I have had contact with are supportive of the proposals.

dunlop

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 17, 2009
Well done Lee for coming forward I hope all board members will let us know how they voted.

Jul 25, 2011
JonB":1p2kfswp said:
Hi WM

Yes, the seats do have significantly more space allocated to them than the rest of the ground - I can't see which thread it was on but I recall John Lloyd mentioning the details a while ago. The dimensions are on the plans.

I also remember that the AFT reps asked the club to consider reducing the space per seat & reconfigure the plans, as this would allow for tens / few hundred more seats (I don't remember the actual number). I know that the club considered this in the written response to the AFT.

Hope this help.
Thanks Jon,was just puzzled how people knew it was going to have more leg room without anyone actually being able to quote the dimensions. You say the dimensions are on 'the plans' where? Does anyone have the actual figures?