The improvement in Songo'o | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

The improvement in Songo'o

May 8, 2011
Songo’o is on the way to being a cult hero a bit like Timar, you wish sometimes that Argyle had a decent marketing department to spot these opportunities.
On that note Argyle a few months ago advertised for a Marketing Manager, anyone know if anyone has been appointed to the job?

Jul 18, 2011
It is funny though how most of the "experts" on this site were saying at the end of last season that he was not good enough for League 1 and we should get rid of him.

I've always rated him for the blocks and other unseen things he does that are not flashy but are valuable. Now if just he could score....

Jan 17, 2017
Bovey Tracey
Last season I was so worried whenever the ball fell near him, or he had it at his feet waiting the inevitable mistake.

Like others said, this season he has become a rock. Almost like he and Bradley have swapped abilities the last few weeks.

He's great with his head, as long as you don't want it going towards a goal... great commitment, little accuracy (still remember a few 2 yd sitters that he headed over - Orient at home last season, Shrewsbury the other week).

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
I agree with Gary Wills (I think!). Songo'o in midfield whilst we are playing away or against top 6 teams is fine but when we have to break down teams relying on Carey is not the best solution.

Likewise I'd keep him in the team and sacrifice Bradley for Sarcevic or a more attacking option. The best we've played this season was the first 45 against Shrewsbury and it went south a bit when Sarcevic was replaced.

Sep 6, 2006
Not just his physical contribution. He was passionate, talking, organising, motivating. Just what we need to get out of current mess. Captain?

Apr 30, 2017
Balham_Green":1psv1epb said:
Not just his physical contribution. He was passionate, talking, organising, motivating. Just what we need to get out of current mess. Captain?
Couldn't agree more. He shouts and shouts all the time, eg saturday when JJ wasn't marking for a free kick. I like Gaz Sawyer but he is too quiet but in contrast we have Songo'o who must be crokey after every game.

Apr 30, 2017
Songo'o isn't the most gifted player but makes up for it in committment. He will head every ball whether its at head height or going towards to the feet with boots flying. I saw Yann a few months back and said to him your committment is brilliant, and replied that wasn't my best football. And now I see what he meant. He is becoming a cult hero like Timar. He still makes us laugh every week because he will mis-kick it and everyone will just shout "Songo'oo" rather than have a go. I hope he becomes captain at some point.

Jan 27, 2012
Considering fella was without a club for two years before joining Argyle he is doing very well.

He is not the most skillful, but he's a physical presence and is going through a great run of form. Hopefully he can maintain this and carry on getting better. With the other big fella in midfield, Argyle might have finally hit on a winning combination.

But my player of the season so far ? Carey.

999mattyg

✅ Evergreen
🚑 Steve Hooper
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 13, 2007
Launceston
Abbotts Ann Green":2amyzatt said:
It is funny though how most of the "experts" on this site were saying at the end of last season that he was not good enough for League 1 and we should get rid of him.

I've always rated him for the blocks and other unseen things he does that are not flashy but are valuable. Now if just he could score....

These are probably the same 'experts' that didn't see him at Pompey last season! He was immense that day as well.

Mar 8, 2011
Plymouth
When you bare in mind that last season was his first proper full in football its no surprise he's came on leaps and bounds this year.

Said last year that he's a good player and that we should definitely keep him and used to get laughed at!

HC Green":22mr5cgn said:
Songo’o is on the way to being a cult hero a bit like Timar, you wish sometimes that Argyle had a decent marketing department to spot these opportunities.
On that note Argyle a few months ago advertised for a Marketing Manager, anyone know if anyone has been appointed to the job?

Yep, guy called Jamie, former PCC Marketing manager. Hopefully he’ll spot potential that’s been missing.