The manager's performances | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

The manager's performances

C

Cobi Budge.

Lundan Cabbie":3i0r4ly3 said:
Cobi Budge.":3i0r4ly3 said:
PAFC94":3i0r4ly3 said:
The reason we lost yesterday is as simple as this for me. No Reuben Reid.

It proves to me that even when Reuben's not on tip top form he is vital to the team as his presence, power and ability gives others more space. Bury had Brunt in their pockets all day and Etuhu controlled the game.

We may not have won with Reuben but we would have stood a much much better chance with him.

I know when you look at it bringing Mellor on instead of Harvey seems strange but would Harvey have really made a difference?

Hopefully Reuben back in for Tuesday and we can get a result.

Can't agree.

While Reuben was a big loss and we struggled without him, that had nothing to do with the fact we conceded two sloppy goals, one a free header after THD messed up and one when we stopped because we thought they were offside, that's the reason we lost, a 0 0 would have been an acceptable result without Reid.

Isn't funny how teams concede "sloppy" goals but never score them :greensmile:

That's just how it is LC. 99% of goals scored in football can be avoided, it just depends which side you are on to how you view the quality of a goal.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Cobi Budge.":35ntup1m said:
Lundan Cabbie":35ntup1m said:
Cobi Budge.":35ntup1m said:
PAFC94":35ntup1m said:
The reason we lost yesterday is as simple as this for me. No Reuben Reid.

It proves to me that even when Reuben's not on tip top form he is vital to the team as his presence, power and ability gives others more space. Bury had Brunt in their pockets all day and Etuhu controlled the game.

We may not have won with Reuben but we would have stood a much much better chance with him.

I know when you look at it bringing Mellor on instead of Harvey seems strange but would Harvey have really made a difference?

Hopefully Reuben back in for Tuesday and we can get a result.

Can't agree.

While Reuben was a big loss and we struggled without him, that had nothing to do with the fact we conceded two sloppy goals, one a free header after THD messed up and one when we stopped because we thought they were offside, that's the reason we lost, a 0 0 would have been an acceptable result without Reid.

Isn't funny how teams concede "sloppy" goals but never score them :greensmile:

That's just how it is LC. 99% of goals scored in football can be avoided, it just depends which side you are on to how you view the quality of a goal.

Well I have just checked a Bury fans' site and there's not a mention of the word "sloppy at" whatsoever :greensmile:

S

steveinspain

PL2 3DQ":3jz0ln5r said:
Lundan Cabbie":3jz0ln5r said:
PL2 3DQ":3jz0ln5r said:
I think Sheridan will be remembered for having a very good Plan A if we score first and no Plan B if we concede first.

I also think this monkey on our back of not coming back to win after going behind is now affecting the players, the whole team look visibly deflated when Bury scored the first goal. The players and the fans just knew it was game over or a draw was the best we could expect.

If we ever do come back to win a game after conceding first we'll have a very good consistent team.

It's unfair to say John Sheridan has no plan B. He is obviously working on alternatives to "A" which can be seen by the introduction of Kelvin Mellor in a striking roll. I cannot believe that he just had a brainwave on the touchline and decided to put Mellor up front. That would have been planned as an option and would have been worked on in training. Sadly for JS it didn't come off this time but it is proof that alternative tactics are in the locker.

If I said Sheridan doesn't have a Plan B that works, ie: we come back to win after conceding first, would that get past your all knowing critical eye?
I don't think Sheridan had a plan A or B on Saturday. It was just hoof ball and hope for the best.
Regarding the subs it seems to me he didn't have a clue what to do, just chuck 3 subs on so he can't be criticised for not doing anything and again hope for the best.

Jan 27, 2011
having thrown mellor on as a striker against Bury (who were the better side imo) I feel that young Tyler Harvey is not in Sheridans thoughts, I still could not believe it when Mellor came on as a striker with Harvey on the bench.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
"His plan B of Mellor up front must have looked promising on the training ground for them to give it a go. I know it didn't work but it just shows that they ARE working new ideas."

New ideas that don't work?? or failures as I call them!!

Oct 5, 2013
goose":jbworzsv said:
having thrown mellor on as a striker against Bury (who were the better side imo) I feel that young Tyler Harvey is not in Sheridans thoughts, I still could not believe it when Mellor came on as a striker with Harvey on the bench.

Completely agree, i don't think we'll ever really know how good Tyler is until he's given some proper time on the pitch. His scoring record is pretty good though, albeit over three seasons with no real game time...