The Potters Fans Forum (Schumacher thread) | Page 112 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

The Potters Fans Forum (Schumacher thread)

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
There were quite a lot of people earlier in the season saying we should look at Luton and aspire to overachieve the way they did. Luton took Nathan Jones back after he'd left them in similar style to Schumacher leaving us, and he started off their good season last year. (Before ultimately leaving them again).

Oct 10, 2012
Stoke won't be relegated. So that will be mission accomplished for Schumacher. Then he can rebuild in the summer.
I don’t think it’s a guarantee they stay up but I agree. I don’t think they’ll go down and as you say he’ll have a chance to put his own stamp on things in the summer. You’d imagine he’ll have a half decent budget there to be able to build a squad of his own choice.

Best manager we’ve had in a long time.

• Applaud
Reactions: Coopertupac

Shorty

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
Sep 12, 2021
Was thinking this as well. Get him back in! Sounds mad but we love Schuey, he loves it here. His family love it here. He might not last much longer at Stoke. We love his football too.
"He loves it here." Really? He couldn't wait to get out and went at the first opportunity. Loved the attacking football we played under him. Even when we lost at least we had a good go. Would I have him back? No thanks.

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
Maybe it's a hankering for a return to the good old days and a new fresh face could provide the same verve and restore the enjoyment.
Trust destroyed forever. By Schumacher. And he too would have to do without Azaz, Cundle and KKH.

Reactions: Furnell
Aug 4, 2011
Quelle surprise, Stoke above us? Where are all those laughing and lambasting Schumacher now? It was quite apparent (to me and a very small minority of others) who got the better end of the deal, yet in typical argyle fashion as a fanbase we decided to laugh at the short term demise of stoke.

I (incorrectly as I’ve admitted on this and other threads already) said Stoke would be above us by the end of Feb, and finish well clear of the drop come the end of season. I was hammered on here by the green tints and blinkered visionaries to question anything other than a Stoke relegation and a 16th place finish for argyle. Well, all I can say is that the realists saw this coming, the blind optimists are now skulking away finding excuse after excuse.

Season is not done, but as I said 2 months ago - there is absolutely no way we finish above Stoke this season and absolutely no way Stoke go down.

Anyone want to re-read their posts and apologise or re comment?

Aug 4, 2011
Oh funny we can’t even comment on this thread now Stoke are doing well and Argyle are not. Since when did Pasoti become a nanny state

Oct 14, 2015
Quelle surprise, Stoke above us? Where are all those laughing and lambasting Schumacher now? It was quite apparent (to me and a very small minority of others) who got the better end of the deal, yet in typical argyle fashion as a fanbase we decided to laugh at the short term demise of stoke.

I (incorrectly as I’ve admitted on this and other threads already) said Stoke would be above us by the end of Feb, and finish well clear of the drop come the end of season. I was hammered on here by the green tints and blinkered visionaries to question anything other than a Stoke relegation and a 16th place finish for argyle. Well, all I can say is that the realists saw this coming, the blind optimists are now skulking away finding excuse after excuse.

Season is not done, but as I said 2 months ago - there is absolutely no way we finish above Stoke this season and absolutely no way Stoke go down.

You’re going to look a bit of a knob if Stoke do go down and we finish above them. Surely your gloating should’ve waited until the end of the season??

• Haha
Reactions: Green 1886
Aug 4, 2011
You’re going to look a bit of a knob if Stoke do go down and we finish above them. Surely your gloating should’ve waited until the end of the season??
I’m not gloating, just pointing out some of the ridiculous posts made over the past 4-10 weeks that now look absolutely absurd. If you still think Stoke are going down I suggest you place a very large wager to back up your confidence because it just ain’t happening

Aug 4, 2011
Carry on as much as you want.
Ian, I’ve had a private message saying my posts have been removed for bringing up old threads. I think it’s more than relevant to bring back to the attention those who were gladly revelling in the mini blip Schuey and Stoke were suffering, whilst the small minority (myself included) could see the bigger picture - basically Stoke got by far the better end of the deal and there was no way he was getting sacked / replaced by Pulis OR taking them down. All gone a bit quiet on that front don’t you think?

If you can give it out you’ve gotta be able to take it when proved incorrect.

Reactions: Carlo

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
It wasn't a PM it was a 'system note' when posts are deleted.

I deleted the wrong one as it happened, I should have (and now have) deleted the one where you taunted a particular poster. That's not our game on this site.

Anyway, I've moved it to the Football Forum so the thread you've resurrected can be seen on here. (y)

PS Welwyn is right, this is definitely a gloat.

Apr 1, 2017

Gone above us because they won today and we lost.
Could be the other way around again come Monday evening....

Reactions: Paul green14

TaviGreen1990

✅ Evergreen
Nov 3, 2022

Such a weird thing to brag about that’s all. A bit like celebrating that your missus is cheating on you because you predicted it. If anything you should be disappointed you are currently correct.