The return of Mr Goodwillie | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

The return of Mr Goodwillie

Jun 4, 2015
Ford
Whoa, steady on there cowboy - I'm not entirely sure he was actually convicted of anything was he or am I remembering things wrong?

Apr 20, 2004
Dorset
I don't think his appeal against the civil ruling has happened yet. If so, I'm not sure he'd be focussed enough at the moment.

If the ruling is overturned after appeal then I think he'd be a good signing. But at the moment, too much baggage IMO.

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
Emeraldinho":3hbcun1g said:
Whoa, steady on there cowboy - I'm not entirely sure he was actually convicted of anything was he or am I remembering things wrong?
i seem to remember he was found guilty in a civil hearing but not guilty in a criminal hearing.
i would sign him back on without hesitation particularly in this better standard of football division.

Stuart House

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jan 8, 2006
Bristol
On a footballing level, no not needed or good enough.

On a club level, why would they what's changed from the original position of 'needs to concentrate on clearing his name'?

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
Stuart House":1bjbsjes said:
On a footballing level, no not needed or good enough.

On a club level, why would they what's changed from the original position of 'needs to concentrate on clearing his name'?

Possibly on a club level depending on where he is with his appeal. It couldn't have been easy preparing his defence of the civil hearing and being away from Scotland.

On a footballing level, whilst he has played higher than league one he is not really what we're looking for surely.

Apr 30, 2011
Very strange rumour, so outlandish that I suspect that there must be some truth to it. I always rated him although I think a more pacey, on the shoulder type striker is what we need and I don't think that is DGWS game.

Personally, if he is able to concentrate on playing football whilst his appeal goes through then I don't have a massive issue with it. Even if his appeal doesn't go through, I don't have a massive issue against him playing for us. If it had been a criminal conviction then I don't think it would be appropriate.

Jan 26, 2009
Tamerton Foliot
I don't understand this one. Why would he sign a new 2 year contract with Clyde only last month, only then to rejoin Argyle? It could surely only be if there is a release clause in that contract. However, it is so outlandish a rumour that it would seem difficult for someone to invent it. I still don't believe it though.............................

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
The Doctor":1tdhk57j said:
... I will only believe there is anything in this one once I have read about it in the Herald...

Check tomorrow. :)

They will have read this thread by then.

May 14, 2016
The Doctor":3u8f7byh said:
... I will only believe there is anything in this one once I have read about it in the Herald...

Sources close to the herald... :funny:

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Not sure about this one, but Scottish League 2 seems way, way, way beneath his level. We're talking Conference North/South max, possibly a fair bit lower.

Bognor Regis Town had a higher average attendance last season (550 > 526)

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
Biggs":1j4oatji said:
Not sure about this one, but Scottish League 2 seems way, way, way beneath his level. We're talking Conference North/South max, possibly a fair bit lower.

Bognor Regis Town had a higher average attendance last season (550 > 526)
Berwick from the same level are about 9th tier standard in England from what I'm told.

Aug 17, 2005
Four goals in six matches at that level. Not sure if bookies would except a double for them to go up with him being leading goalscorer for the league.