The Stewards on Monday! | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

The Stewards on Monday!

Apr 15, 2015
Knarf Reprah":tyvpchim said:
r4h4al":tyvpchim said:
Yeah they handled the invasion really well.

Yes they did

Hold on, Frank - I'm sure that on Sunday anyone who went on the pitch was a class 1 hooligan deserving a life ban - why the sudden about turn?

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Shm":1p6a64mj said:
dunlop":1p6a64mj said:
Never had a problem or seen a problem with stewards in my 68 years of supporting Argyle until the Newport game, their heavy handed approach to dealing with a couple of brilliant Agyle flags being draped over the front of the grandstand was shall I say an embarrassment. It could have easily got out of control because of the stewards attitude when removing the flags during the game without any discussions with the fans who placed the flags there.

This is the very same steward whom I had issues with last game against Crawly! It's just arrogance by some but they are the minority.
Just to clarify, Shm, do you know that this steward was moved to the Grandstand East, because that is where the problem with flags occurred on Monday?

Sep 29, 2013
IJN":b3yrw2zq said:
From the people I spoke to on the day and since, it sounds as if the stewards did an admirable job at the Newport game.

People are very quick to come on and bash them but from what I witnessed they joined in with the carnival atmosphere and joined in as much as they could.

Credit where credit is due.

Well done to the High Viz's. :scarf:

As an away fan I thought the stewards did a grand job both with us during the game (less aggressive than in the past) and also at the end. They had a thankless task made more ridiculous by the repeated announcements for fans to keep off the pitch. If that is a concern employ more stewards. Congratulations on promotion, I just wish you hadn't done in it in so much style!

Dec 14, 2008
Plymouth
tom16pafc":11fm0n9z said:
Was talking to a steward before the pitch invasion while waiting and he said 'If you did this normally you'd get banned' and said they wont try and stop us. I think its really good that they can appreciate how long we've waited and allowed a very special moment to happen!

The steward on the gate to the pitch around block 13 just opened the gate for us to run on, he knew what was happening and knew it wasn't safe for people to be clambering over, top bloke!

Shm

Jan 4, 2017
davie nine":22uy8zok said:
Shm":22uy8zok said:
dunlop":22uy8zok said:
Never had a problem or seen a problem with stewards in my 68 years of supporting Argyle until the Newport game, their heavy handed approach to dealing with a couple of brilliant Agyle flags being draped over the front of the grandstand was shall I say an embarrassment. It could have easily got out of control because of the stewards attitude when removing the flags during the game without any discussions with the fans who placed the flags there.

This is the very same steward whom I had issues with last game against Crawly! It's just arrogance by some but they are the minority.
Just to clarify, Shm, do you know that this steward was moved to the Grandstand East, because that is where the problem with flags occurred on Monday?

Yes, I watched him spend an age taking them down, he was moved to the Grandstand after my complaint the week before. Just for the record I am not anti-steward, the majority do a grand job. Its the few bad apples which lack any people skills who are the face of the club that need weeding out.

Dec 30, 2004
Brighton
I wasn't there but seeing it on telly I liked the speed with which the goal nets were hoisted clear - no pretence that the pitch invasion wasn't going to happen or could be halted if it did.