(Thoughts on a) New Kit for 24/25 season?. | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

(Thoughts on a) New Kit for 24/25 season?.

Apr 9, 2024
I didn't like the Hibernian style kit in our League One title winning season. I've been okay with this year's 'one-off'. Please can we have a return to our traditional green top (the whole shirt), black shorts and white socks?
As for the shade of green...we seem to be stuck with this darker shade in recent times. Is it time for a more emerald green??
Agreed about the green and white chequers for away games - would love that. That or yellow as worn by Shilton's underachievers.
Can't wait for the mock-ups - best bit about the off season.

Lousy Pint

Jam First
Sep 23, 2005
Milano
Pointless going white at home.. it's against everything we have become. Our identity will be lost.
Yeah, we wouldn't want to mess with our identity and glorious tradition of winning all those lower league promotions and Devon Bowl trophies.
Our identity will be established by being successful, not by being the only team to wear green west of Yeovil

Aug 9, 2023
I remember the Wembley kit issue was due to our white sleeves on the home kit clashing with Bolton. Personally, I loved the Green kit that we won League one with. So the thinking was to have a kit this season that would not force us to change shirts and the gold trim was fitting for the champions to wear.
Will the club have the same mentality this year. Green + ? (but not white) to wear at HP. Black with this dark green wouldn't stand out enough.

A lot of teams adopted a neon trim on the collars and sleeve tips a couple of years ago. Liverpool/Roma for example. I wouldn't be averse to trying a new thing and then keep the white/green/black theme for the away kit and a yellow third option.

vibratingspider

Joined 1996
Jam First
Oct 1, 2006
I think the gold needs to go imho, and I would definitely consider introducing white to try and counter the dark green. Argyle green is our identity but it doesn't stand out very well under floodlights with a crowd packed around the pitch. Maybe a return to green & white stripes with white shorts?

Fully agree with those that are saying other teams (Hull etc) have kits that really stand out. If you're under pressure and trying to find a team-mate with moments to spare, our players aren't at all easy to pick out.

Maybe we should insist on Romania '98 blond hair cuts?
062798soc-wc-rom-tun-game.4.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2004
I would like a return to the bright green shirts of the 80s. I sometimes fail to spot a player in dark green when watching so I am sure it must occasionally happen to players too when they quickly glance up to spot a pass