Torquay Friendly (POTD?) | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Torquay Friendly (POTD?)

Trev501

🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jam First
Brickfields Donor
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 3, 2006
Dolores (Alicante) Spain
Rob_GT4":uf0h9vy5 said:
I'm not confident going into this at all, Torquay are miles ahead of us at the moment in terms of preparing for a new season, and they've already had a draw against Yeovil and beaten Walsall.

Whereas we are behind where I'd expect us to be, unfortunately this is pretty standard for Sheridans teams when you talk to fans of other clubs he's managed, I'm expecting a slow start to the season for us.
Just where do you expect us to be? I don't quite follow your logic.

May 3, 2007
Liskeard, Cornwall
It will be interesting, Torquay have done well so far; but PSFs are about increasing fitness, players getting their touch and team style development.
Sure, a defeat won't help confidence but for once, it is not just about the result.
My first PSF this summer, so look forward to catching up with old faces again tonight.

Jan 4, 2012
Don't bring yer coat, it's red hot up here on the English Riviera, especially at Babbacombe Downs overlooking Lyme Bay. It's only 5 minutes walk to Plainmoor from here, I'll double the walking time cos I've had a drink or three . . . . . . .

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Ellacombe Green":za3navdn said:
Don't bring yer coat, it's red hot up here on the English Riviera, especially at Babbacombe Downs overlooking Lyme Bay. It's only 5 minutes walk to Plainmoor from here, I'll double the walking time cos I've had a drink or three . . . . . . .

Ha! We've just left Babbacombe after scoffing some very nice fish and chips. It's sweltering.

T

Torquay Pigrim

PL2 3DQ":1ld2l5i7 said:
Ellacombe Green":1ld2l5i7 said:

Ha! We've just left Babbacombe after scoffing some very nice fish and chips. It's sweltering.

Welcome to Torbaydos!

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
Rob_GT4":2m73l03t said:
and beaten Walsall.
Walsall don't have that good a side at the moment with some high profile departures, they had a full strength team draw against Taunton a couple of days before the Torquay game, it's preseason, it means very little.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Trev501":1kctc2xj said:
Rob_GT4":1kctc2xj said:
I'm not confident going into this at all, Torquay are miles ahead of us at the moment in terms of preparing for a new season, and they've already had a draw against Yeovil and beaten Walsall.

Whereas we are behind where I'd expect us to be, unfortunately this is pretty standard for Sheridans teams when you talk to fans of other clubs he's managed, I'm expecting a slow start to the season for us.
Just where do you expect us to be? I don't quite follow your logic.

I expect us to be in Torquay tonight and at HP on Sunday. Maybe I just lack ambition?? :think: