Torquay United Away | Page 12 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Torquay United Away

Jun 18, 2015
Sure Sheridan signed some decent players but he signed a lot more duds too.
For every Reid there was a Showumni or Murray
For every O'Connor theres Ollie Lee
For every Kellet theres Holmes Dennis who was a crap replacement for him or even Blackman and Reckord
For every Hartley or Mchugh theres a Flanagan, Trotman or Anthony Charles

Feb 23, 2008
oddball":2lvidkk9 said:
The Torquay guy with the long throw,name unknown didn't get a teamsheet, was head and shoulders above everyone else on the park(literally and metaphorically),I thought Luke Young had a quiet game,and I don't think Torquay will be tearing up any trees this coming season unless they find a regular goalscorer, their attack looked powder puff.As for Argyle,the signs look promising although we looked weak in the final third as well. Finishing will have to be better than last night if we are to beat Wimbledon.

Nobody got a team sheet, the tannoy guy said he forgot to order them and if anybody wanted them they could order them today lol.

Didnt even notice young on the pitch, was he on all game?

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
chunkymonkey78":8xskxbv9 said:
oddball":8xskxbv9 said:
The Torquay guy with the long throw,name unknown didn't get a teamsheet, was head and shoulders above everyone else on the park(literally and metaphorically),I thought Luke Young had a quiet game,and I don't think Torquay will be tearing up any trees this coming season unless they find a regular goalscorer, their attack looked powder puff.As for Argyle,the signs look promising although we looked weak in the final third as well. Finishing will have to be better than last night if we are to beat Wimbledon.

Nobody got a team sheet, the tannoy guy said he forgot to order them and if anybody wanted them they could order them today lol.

Didnt even notice young on the pitch, was he on all game?

Nope didn't notice Luke Young at all.Which was a pity as I thought he would control the midfield at this level.As for team sheets,not good when you have nearly 2000 attendance.... one would think that somebody could be bothered...but it appears not....and then people wonder why footy in the south west is in decline.

Mike Greening

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 2, 2008
He was and he was captain.

Feb 23, 2008
Ah fair enough.

To be fair the away fans seating was very high and steep, I did well to recognise half the argyle players ;)

Oct 24, 2010
Torquay made it very difficult for us. A bit like us last season their back three was a back five for most of the game and with two holding midfielders and their energetic pressing and closing down it made them very difficult to create against but they offered hardly any threat going forward. Our passing was poor and we made heavy weather off it but for all that we made enough chances to have won the game comfortably.

What I have seen of so far I think by far and away our major problem is our two central defenders. Adams, commendably, likes to play the ball out from the back so to facilitate this Nelson and Hartley have to drop deep, but when we move into the opponent’s half, with our midfielders and the full backs pushing forward, the central defenders have to push up quickly so we don’t become stretched and leave too many spaces in midfield. They seem to struggle with this and better teams than Torquay will exploit it. Last season our central defenders had a relatively easy ride, playing for most part in a back five with O’Connor in front of them. A lot more is asked of them now and if they don’t step up to the plate we will struggle to get anywhere near the play offs.

lien60

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jun 16, 2006
plymouth
chunkymonkey78":1rj8vizk said:
oddball":1rj8vizk said:

Didnt even notice young on the pitch, was he on all game?[/quote

Because of the lack of programs some bloke offered me £10 for mine last night

Dec 3, 2005
All these AWAY matches - have Argyle actually used the 'horrible' Lilac kit?

Or are they too embaressed to wear it lol

Though it would be ideal opportunity to get the players used to the shi*e kit :)

Mar 8, 2011
Plymouth
greenwelly":3j2yn3fo said:
I thought Young had a good game. He closed our players down and posed several threats coming forward.
Sounds like he did more in Tuesday's game then he ever did for us then bar the odd decent free kick :greensmile: