Tyler Harvey goes out on loan to Bath City | Page 14 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Tyler Harvey goes out on loan to Bath City

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
MarkMatthews":h5jwvc3v said:
Pele10":h5jwvc3v said:
Pele10":h5jwvc3v said:
Tricky one this-

Tyler's been with the club since the age of 9, pretty much the same pathway as Watkins from Exeter, and are both 20.

As we all know, there are not many 19/20 year olds racking up league appearances.

This seems to be Watkins break through season, and after receiving the League 2 player of the month for March, seems to be on track for a career, and possibly the chance to play at a higher level. It would seem that his time spent at Weston Super Mare (same league as Bath) last season has helped him develop into a league 2 player.

Tyler's manager at Bath, Gary Owers, in the Sunday Independent today, waxes lyrically about Tyler when he was a youth player and getting in the 1st team, but points to us as a club not being able to facilitate his development football.

So to date, Tyler's scored 4 in 3 at Bath, is getting global coverage for 'That Goal', scored another decent strike yesterday by all accounts, and the keyboard warriors on here (not sure how we can judge Tyler on 59 minutes + injury time this season over 6 games!!!!!) will point out that it is 2 leagues beneath League 2.

It actually seem's Tyler's earlier success of getting in the 1st team, is hindering him now, as expectations have been higher, when really, as explained earlier, hes still only 20, and possibly approaching his break through season.

Reuben has scored 1 pen in 16 appearances, our form is wobbly, for me would be nice for Tyler to come back, match fit and full of confidence to give the manager more attacking options.

At the start of this novel, i said its a tricky one, because it seems that as we close to possibly seeing his breakthrough season, another club could be reaping the benefit.

Must have benefited from being given the opportunity to play football! (hopefully club learn the lesson that improvement comes from game time, and keep Rooney, but get him out 1st 3 months of next season on loan)
Tyler was great 1st half, game seems easier to him than others. Was good 2nd half. I just wonder what he would be like after a run of games??

If we are in this division next season why not just play him in OUR team in OUR league?! Tyler was outstanding today but it didn't matter what he did, according to Adams, he wasn't going to change his play off selection!
I agree, Rooney looked very comfortable throughout and he'd be a striker I'd want us to use consistently throughout next season. I half expected him to look slightly out of his depth based off the comments on here, but that wasn't the case. It may well have been "a nothing game", but Hartlepool's manager had said he wanted to end the season on a high

C

CornishGreenWhite

The boy can play. If you can't see that then you don't understand football.

He can spot a pass and he scores goals but needs a run in the team for him to fulfil potential.

I really hope going into next season he gets some games as he's a top lad as well as a f*cking decent footballer.