Unbeaten Pre Season !!!! | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Unbeaten Pre Season !!!!

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
Stressed Derek":2gdp1l0p said:
Judging by last night's display at Truro, the future of Argyle is definitely not in good hands !

Apart from one spark of genius that was the Argyle goal a very lack lustre display by the greens.

Who is this guy Harvey they are talking about ? No wonder Sheridan would not play him - Southern League standard at best ! :sad:

I was hoping at one stage that Wotts would come on - at least then we might have had some excitement from one of his thunderbolt Free kicks. :lol:

To be fair Truro are a very good team, they matched in fact bettered the Torquay first team on Saturday. Torquay had to rely on the Truro legends coming on in the second half for Jake Ash's testimonial to even get a sniff of goal. If the first team had played the full 90 Vassell and Cooke would have put two or three past Torquay so for our reserves to come away with a draw down here wasn't a bad result.

Rooney looked good, our number 10 (blonde lad, not Ryan Lane) had a few good moments as well. Corey Harvey in goal also made a few good saves despite a shaky Argyle defence, maybe the Green Army are raving about the wrong Harvey brother? :scarf:

Personally I wouldn't say the future isn't bright, they gave a strong Conference South team a good game :thumbs:

A

ArgyleMatty1991

Looking forward to the season now. Been a long couple of months...quietly confident for the season, but its going to be a slog I fancy! Onwards and upwards! :)

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
I don't take too much more notice of pre season results than I do friendlies but Adams seems to have us coming to the boil quite nicely. He has experimented with different formations and following a win at one Conference side has beaten another on their own patch. Best of all not only did we come back from a goal down to win, we came back from three down to win, something that was inconceivable under Sheridan. Of course the defence are going to look more vulnerable than last season without the defensive set up that offered them such good protection under Sheridan. They will adjust however and it looks like it is going to be an entertaining ride ahead with much more emphasis on scoring goals rather than not conceding. It has to be beneficial for Adams to be based in Plymouth and he seems hungry to succeed, paying great attention to detail and is totally committed to the job ahead. I am a little concerned about the depth of the squad but the first 12 or 13 picks seem stronger overall, certainly offensively and of course we have hardly touched the loan market yet. I have to say I am quietly confident it's going to be a very good season. For sure it will be more entertaining than what we have been used to for a good many years.

Feb 21, 2008
Plymouth
Ollieargyle9":1zmjdd0y said:
Stressed Derek":1zmjdd0y said:
Judging by last night's display at Truro, the future of Argyle is definitely not in good hands !

Apart from one spark of genius that was the Argyle goal a very lack lustre display by the greens.

Who is this guy Harvey they are talking about ? No wonder Sheridan would not play him - Southern League standard at best ! :sad:

I was hoping at one stage that Wotts would come on - at least then we might have had some excitement from one of his thunderbolt Free kicks. :lol:

To be fair Truro are a very good team, they matched in fact bettered the Torquay first team on Saturday. Torquay had to rely on the Truro legends coming on in the second half for Jake Ash's testimonial to even get a sniff of goal. If the first team had played the full 90 Vassell and Cooke would have put two or three past Torquay so for our reserves to come away with a draw down here wasn't a bad result.

Rooney looked good, our number 10 (blonde lad, not Ryan Lane) had a few good moments as well. Corey Harvey in goal also made a few good saves despite a shaky Argyle defence, maybe the Green Army are raving about the wrong Harvey brother? :scarf:

Personally I wouldn't say the future isn't bright, they gave a strong Conference South team a good game :thumbs:
Ryan Lane WAS the blond number 10. The other blond is Callum Hall.

I agree with you that Lane and Cory Harvey both had good games as did Ben Steer, Jordan Bentley and Dan Rooney who unfortunately had to go off with a head injury.

Tyler had an unspectacular game but he's just coming back from injury and played the second half deep in midfield. It's laughable to extrapolate from that that all his critics are correct. On the whole, agree more with Ollie. It was men against boys. It's naive to expect a combination of youth team players and very young pros to walk them off the park. I personally think it was a fair result but if either side had the more of the balance of play, it was Argyle youths. We settled into the game well after a testing first 20 minutes and played some decent stuff.

Mar 14, 2009
If you look at last season the pre-season wasn't that impressive.

15th July Tavistock 1 - 5 Argyle

19th July Weymouth 2 - 2 Argyle

22nd July Torquay 0 - 0 Argyle

27th July Argyle 0 - 4 Swansea

30th July Argyle 1 - 2 Yeovil

2nd August Weston Super Mare 1 - 2 Argyle

Yet we still finished 7th. Think there is good reasons to be positive.

G

Green Barmy Bill52

I think DA has got the pre season right, he is trying a complete new system and with 5/6 new players, its better to play starting at the lowest league, it gives the team the chance to learn the new system, and as they learn he upped the quality until in the end against conference teams he got what he needed, it is pointless going out and getting our asses kicked just fot the sake of saying we played a big name team, what did the team gain out of Swansea last year. Now the next step is to see if it works against the next league up, natural steps , one by one

pilgrimmike1

R.I.P
Oct 5, 2010
oggieland
Green Barmy Bill52":i45wnza8 said:
I think DA has got the pre season right, he is trying a complete new system and with 5/6 new players, its better to play starting at the lowest league, it gives the team the chance to learn the new system, and as they learn he upped the quality until in the end against conference teams he got what he needed, it is pointless going out and getting our asses kicked just fot the sake of saying we played a big name team, what did the team gain out of Swansea last year. Now the next step is to see if it works against the next league up, natural steps , one by one
Tend to agree with you Bill, pre season games are or should be aimed towards what's good for the team and not what's going to please us fans. Match fitness and tactics is more important than bums on seats at this stage especially when you have several new additions to gel in. We would all love to see the big guns grace the theatre of greens but as you say, what would the team gain from it? :scarf: