Warnock on mutley plain @ 16:50 today | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Warnock on mutley plain @ 16:50 today

P

PL3 Greens

So today i have heard about Argyle being rumoured to sign Chris Eagles & appoint Neil Warnock... :clap:

Raheem Sterling in a taxi? :wave:

P

PL3 Greens

I'd also add that Warnock isn't exactly the most reliable person. When he was signing autographs up the club shop about 2 years ago, i asked him what's next in his career (he'd recently been sacked, forgotten what club) and he said "i won't do TV, and i probably take a few years out the game". A few months later he signed for BT Sport & then went to Crystal Palace. However, i'd love this news to be true about him coming, i'll give it a 20% chance though. Happy to be proved wrong

Jul 29, 2010
He probably meant that though, at the time. He always came over to me as intensely passionate, a heart on the sleeve individual who'd react unpredictably to situations, go with the heart not the head. Take the jumping into the crowd v Colchester and the "well f**k it, if Mc666 won't pay for a flight up to Stockport I'll make the players drive there".

All traits you'd THINK would be undesirable in a manager, yet somehow it's endearing, somehow it's enjoyable to be part of.

A proven successful manager with 'heart on his sleeve' passion, who brings chaotic excitement and endears himself to the fans?

No thanks, we've already got one, John Sheridan... oh, hang on, erm :facepalm:

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
greybeard":rfzbj6n3 said:
its not unusual to see warnock out and about in plymouth, he lives near callington, and his son is at argyle as a youth player, so maine rd probs did see him

Stoke Climsland

NEVER GO BACK!

When he came back to Palace it never felt like having the same Neil Warnock back. It was like having an old man back who used to know what he was doing.

May 22, 2006
memory man":86bc34vw said:
Did he say he enjoyed his holiday in Scotland? He was talking to Alan Brazil yesterday or the day before on Talksport from the Mull of Kintyre.

Was yesterday morning, live from Scotland, enjoying a break.

Suppose he could have flown back to Plymouth Airport.

Larry David

✅ Evergreen
Apr 9, 2004
LA NY or Cuckfield
If there is anyone that would get Argyle and how unique we are its Warnock. He exudes passion and yes he can come across as a bit of a pillock at times but who doesn't?

I think he would Instil belief in the players and create a proper us against the world mentality.

I simply can't believe a side of his would have failed to turn up as spectacularly as Argyle did at Adams Park.

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
pastiesforlife":h9yj4qwq said:
memory man":h9yj4qwq said:
Did he say he enjoyed his holiday in Scotland? He was talking to Alan Brazil yesterday or the day before on Talksport from the Mull of Kintyre.

Was yesterday morning, live from Scotland, enjoying a break.

Suppose he could have flown back to Plymouth Airport.
Subtle that!

Apr 15, 2008
London
Lord Cuckfield":4ox0007s said:
If there is anyone that would get Argyle and how unique we are its Warnock. He exudes passion and yes he can come across as a bit of a pillock at times but who doesn't?

I think he would Instil belief in the players and create a proper us against the world mentality.

I simply can't believe a side of his would have failed to turn up as spectacularly as Argyle did at Adams Park.

I agree... I can't believe any current Argyle fan, with us languishing in the bottom division, would turn down a proven second-tier manager. If Sheridan does go and we don't get Warnock then who would people expect as a manager? Who ever it is, I suspect many will be disappointed.

Aug 22, 2006
PL3 Greens":3q99mwz5 said:
I'd also add that Warnock isn't exactly the most reliable person. When he was signing autographs up the club shop about 2 years ago, i asked him what's next in his career (he'd recently been sacked, forgotten what club) and he said "i won't do TV, and i probably take a few years out the game". A few months later he signed for BT Sport & then went to Crystal Palace. However, i'd love this news to be true about him coming, i'll give it a 20% chance though. Happy to be proved wrong

The evening of the first leg against Wycombe he was working for the premier league channel not far from Heathrow Airport.

Sep 28, 2003
So what would Niel Warnock add to the greens?
Well ,a passion that we have not experienced for a good few years.
Contacts in the game which is so essential to getting the right squad to come down here.
A wonderfull connection with the fans which we have none at the moment.
He can get the best out of young players instead of leaving them with little hope for the future..
Players would soon know if they were not performing to standard.
We could even see players playing in their right positions.
He would have a plan B and C and D to counteract other teams
The technicle area would at last be a place of action .
Can you begin to imagine how good he could motivate for these local derbies
He lives here ,has watched a lot of our games so knows all the weak areas .
It must be galling for him to watch our gutless performances.
I believe that he would put a possible two to four thousand on the gate figures.

This change in manager is so unlikely to happen though,as we are into the pussyfooting time of letting "SHERIDAN" decide what he wants to do with our club, or if he really wants to stay at all !!! "unbelievable really".

So lets decide, do we want a manager that could give us the passion to have a special club again and wake up on matchday with a positivity or shall we all soldier on with hope but no belief!

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
Daddy Kool":2up6zwzz said:
Well ,a passion that we have not experienced for a good few years. CANNOT ARGUE WITH THAT
Contacts in the game which is so essential to getting the right squad to come down here. TRUE
A wonderfull connection with the fans which we have none at the moment. ONLY BECAUSE HE IS NOT THE CURRENT MANAGER
He can get the best out of young players instead of leaving them with little hope for the future. STATS DO NOT SHOW THIS. BARLOW HAD PLAYED 60 GAMES AND TRIGGER 50 BEFORE WARNOCK ARRIVED. NO OTHER LOCALLY PRODUCED OR LOCALLY RECRUITED PLAYER PROSPERED UNDER WARNOCK.
Players would soon know if they were not performing to standard. NO ARGUMENT WITH THAT.
We could even see players playing in their right positions. DITTO
He would have a plan B and C and D to counteract other teams MEMORABLE WHEN IT WORKS, LIKE THE FIRST LEG OF THE RECENT PLAY OFF SEMI
The technicle area would at last be a place of action . IT WAS AT PALACE AND QPR BUT THEY STILL LACKED MOTIVATION
Can you begin to imagine how good he could motivate for these local derbies EVEN THE CURRENT CROP OF PLAYERS ACHIEVED THIS
He lives here ,has watched a lot of our games so knows all the weak areas . LIVING HERE SHOULD BE A PRE-REQUISITE TO GETTING THE JOB. MANY OF THE COMMENTATORS AND SUPPORTERS KNOW THE WEAK AREAS.
It must be galling for him to watch our gutless performances. AS WITH 7000 OTHER PEOPLE
I believe that he would put a possible two to four thousand on the gate figures. 35,000 WENT TO WEMBLEY BUT THE ONLY 10000+ HOME CROWD DURING THE NEXT SEASON WAS AGAINST EXETER. AVERAGE HOME CROWD THIS SEASON WAS HIGHER THAN EITHER OF THE TWO SEASONS WARNOCK WAS HERE

This change in manager is so unlikely to happen though,as we are into the pussyfooting time of letting "SHERIDAN" decide what he wants to do with our club, or if he really wants to stay at all !!! "unbelievable really".

So lets decide, do we want a manager that could give us the passion to have a special club again and wake up on matchday with a positivity or shall we all soldier on with hope but no belief!
My own feeling is that I would not like to see him return but I find it difficult to explain my reasons as eloquently as you. The easiest way seemed to go through your list item by item. His lack of empathy with young players is my main area of disagreement. What I do recall is his stubborness in constantly ignoring Steve McAll when he was fit and available - (and playing Chris Billy). One cannot argue with his overall career but I just feel he is now past his best.

G

Greenskin

Daddy Kool":2b45gdgf said:
Well ,a passion that we have not experienced for a good few years.
Contacts in the game which is so essential to getting the right squad to come down here.
A wonderfull connection with the fans which we have none at the moment.
He can get the best out of young players instead of leaving them with little hope for the future..
Players would soon know if they were not performing to standard.
We could even see players playing in their right positions.
He would have a plan B and C and D to counteract other teams
The technicle area would at last be a place of action .
Can you begin to imagine how good he could motivate for these local derbies
He lives here ,has watched a lot of our games so knows all the weak areas .
It must be galling for him to watch our gutless performances.
I believe that he would put a possible two to four thousand on the gate figures.

Certainly a case of the rose coloured spectacles here. Warnock was frequently criticised by sections of the Argyle fanbase for the style of football employed and indeed for not gaining automatic promotion considering the vast amount of money that he spent by fourth division standards to bring in people like Littlejohns, Baird, Corazzin, Heathcote, Williams, Billy etc. That squad, in spite of expenditure which dwarfs that which has been available to Sheridan, achieved a total of 7 more points than the current outfit and would have finished 6th in the current season. Personally I wouldn't like to see Warnock back and rather doubt that he would return under the present circumstances.