We are still in the Championship | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

We are still in the Championship

Jul 16, 2023
An absolutely fantastic result today, my nerves are shredded.
I'll take a boring mid table finish for next season. Failing that some points deductions for the financial basket cases in the division will be appreciated (especially Bet365 FC lol).
COYG!!!

Wexford Green

🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪
✅ Evergreen
Jan 20, 2005
Ballygarrett, County Wexford, Ireland
I’m going to take some of the credit for our survival. I changed into my green and gold boxers at 1205 that I bought a few weeks ago. Argyle are unbeaten when I’ve worn them (since Rotherham away).

Sadly they were in the wash for Millwall and Stoke otherwise I could have saved this tense afternoon 😉

Beer Song

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Apr 10, 2005
Sarajevo
blackpowderguild.com
It was a nervous day especially seeing the other results appearing... but what a result! we can all relax, look forward to who will be brought in as Manager and what changes will be made during the Summer and actually enjoy watching the various Playoffs without the doom and gloom of being back in Div 1!

Belfast Green

🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪
Jam First
✅ Evergreen
Jun 23, 2017
Belfast
And know your gonna believe us the greens are staying

But can we just have a Boeing mid table season next year 🤔 that 2 seasons of nerves and heart pains
You mean where the doors fall off?

Aug 12, 2016
Bang Phra. Thailand
Good bits
We will be playing Portsmouth, Derby, Sheffield United and possibly Burnley ( or Burnlah as they say up there)
We will start our FA cup campaign in the 3rd round
We will get more dosh
We will be a more attractive club for loanees and their clubs
We will attract better managerial candidates ( just the once please )
The national media will give us a little more attention.

Good or better bits
We will not have to stand in Sid James Park's joke of an aways end or play them.
Play games on wet Tuesday nights in February away at Crewe, Crawley, Doncaster (play offs depending) or Burton, Blackpool or Cambridge.
Start the FA cup away to any of the last point (above) mentioned or some non league giant killer.
The FA Trophy will continue to be contested by Premier League under 21 teams which we will not have the indignity of facing.

Not so good bits
Geting a ticket for home games will still be difficult for some.
We may have to visit Kenilworth Road

Solid Very Good fact remaining

We are a Championship club. And AGAIN the only Football league club that plays in Green Shirts, Forest who ?

Oct 10, 2018
What was everyone worrying about? It was always in hand….

Hoping to God we can have a mediocre mid table season next year. The stress over the last few seasons has been too much.
Wouldn’t have it any other way.
COYG!!!
No-one could ever say are club is not exciting and non - eventful.

Excited about the next chapter, now the club knows what league we're in, I expect developments on the new manager/ Head coach will gather pace over next week and a half.

Wouldn't surprise me if SH and AP had a short list of Championship candidates and L1 short list, and perhaps even a smaller list for those who may be considered for a foot in each league.

It's crucial Argyle make a decision decisively, so the new gaffer can assess the youth team, to see what talent lies below the first team, and any possible breakthrough players like Freddie I, WJD, easier to do this when senior players have finished and going on holiday. Also new gaffer will need as much time close season to take stock of assessing video footage, discuss with ND, Nance and data analytics where we need to strength, and where to work on illminating our flaws.

Lastly, so glad it was Joe E who scored the absolute green pro, it was him or Randell had to be.