We finished Tranmere off. | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

We finished Tranmere off.

Jun 24, 2008
I wouldve like to see cheltenham and tranmere stay up over Hartlepool but thats football for you.

I thought they looked better than a bottom of football league team, though I think its fairly obvious theyve missed Rory Donnelly recently. When he joined he was in the goals, that dried up and it seems he's not been available until today when he looked dangerous (number 29 up front).

Sods law, but consecutive relegation shows a huge demise.

A

ArgyleMatty1991

macleanie":34ilf2ph said:
I wouldve like to see cheltenham and tranmere stay up over Hartlepool but thats football for you.

I thought they looked better than a bottom of football league team, though I think its fairly obvious theyve missed Rory Donnelly recently. When he joined he was in the goals, that dried up and it seems he's not been available until today when he looked dangerous (number 29 up front).

Sods law, but consecutive relegation shows a huge demise.

It makes you think how well we did not to have consecutive relegations. What with administration and such a poor squad at one stage. Feel for Tranmere fans, but a teams relegation is decided over a season. Tranmere and Cheltenham have had big problems this season. I can see Tranmere coming back up but not Cheltenham. Good luck for both next season anyway.

Nov 4, 2012
freddie2greens":n9iwnpaz said:
A tiny minority of idiots admittedly but the vast majority were a credit to their team, they gave their all for their team and I felt a bit sorry for them. Couldn't believe our fans singing going down chants, some short memories I think in the Lyndhurst.

Come off it, nothing wrong with going down chants. Just banter.

Liam Vercoe

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 27, 2010
I'm not too keen on the "going down" chants, we know more than anyone what it's like to be in that position and how horrible it was when teams chanted that at us.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Greenskin":2jow04po said:
Makes a change from previous clubs partying in our back yard [Newcastle, Southampton spring to mind] but it's never very nice to see a club like Tranmere with a decent ground and fanbase going out of the league. But then again it's over a season, so they can't really blame anyone but themselves and at least they have an opportunity to bounce back in the same way as Mansfield, York, Torquay, Exeter etc have done In the past. Won't be easy though.

Barnet have bounced back and have joined an elite club of seven teams that have been promoted/elected to the Football League on three or more occasions. They join Lincoln City, Newport County, Walsall and Stoke City on three. However if Grimsby Town were to win their play-offs, the Mariners would then equal Doncaster Rovers record of four.

A

AR09YLE

They are definitely not one of the worst teams I've seen in this league, not as bad as Cheltenham certainly.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
The league never lies.

If we go on how teams play against us, how the hell did Exeter City end up so high?

It's all about the marathon of a season not a couple of short sprints.

THE worst side I have seen this season was Northampton, again, they've ended up way higher than the relegated two.

One of the best teams was Hartlepool.

I hope you can work it our, as I can't. :crazy:

Jul 27, 2011
St Austell
Mark_Colling":1hfun42z said:
You have to feel for them; Brizzle Rovers still have the play-offs but no team has bounced straight back since Darlo in 1990...

I thought Carlisle and Shrewsbury did it? I may be wrong though.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Fergy":39aphqrk said:
Mark_Colling":39aphqrk said:
You have to feel for them; Brizzle Rovers still have the play-offs but no team has bounced straight back since Darlo in 1990...

You're correct. Shrewsbury in 2004 and Carlisle in 2005.

Mark Colling

♣️ PASTA Member
Sep 23, 2003
Brizzle
www.groupspaces.com
Lundan Cabbie":47l74uz6 said:
Fergy":47l74uz6 said:
Mark_Colling":47l74uz6 said:

You're correct. Shrewsbury in 2004 and Carlisle in 2005.
Silly me for believing The Times

C

Cobi Budge.

In fairness it was great away support, I know we travel in numbers but I truly wish we were more like that, every fan standing and joining in with the singing, not slating supporters in any way but 95% of the GA sit and quite often in silence.

They also certainly showed how to celebrate a goal, wild scenes for 1 1.

Waraqah":2v8zgof9 said:
Aerok":2v8zgof9 said:
No sympathy from me whatsoever.

They roundly booed our pre-match awards (thankfully drowned out by our cheers/applause) before trashing the toilets (dispensers ripped off walls?) and damaging fencing.

Enjoy Vanarama, you cretins.

Sounds like there was a Trumpton riot. :cool:

Think that one has gone way over most people heads :whistle:

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
Cobi Budge.":3dfw4l88 said:
In fairness it was great away support, I know we travel in numbers but I truly wish we were more like that, every fan standing and joining in with the singing, not slating supporters in any way but 95% of the GA sit and quite often in silence.

They also certainly showed how to celebrate a goal, wild scenes for 1 1.

We were like that in their situation, Rochdale away every fan cheering the boys home, sat on the edges of their seats and celebrating any goals that went in elsewhere that would keep us up.

Also saying "not slating supporters in any way" before slating supporters in some way doesn't nullify you slating supporters in the first place :greensmile: