We should keep Mikel Miller | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

We should keep Mikel Miller

Mexijan1

πŸ‡²πŸ‡½πŸ‡²πŸ‡½πŸ‡²πŸ‡½πŸ‡²πŸ‡½πŸ‡²πŸ‡½πŸ‡²πŸ‡½
βœ… Evergreen
Jul 17, 2023
Nay from me great going forward but end product lacking and not the strongest defensively. Always looks like a red card in waiting and injury prone. Shame as when he is on it one of our best attacking threats but too many negatives, think we can spend his wages on someone more reliable. Hoping Saxon keeps fit as there is a proper player in there.

Reactions: longlands

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Utter tosh. Where do you get your duff information from? Next you will be saying that Freddie Ladappo was a trouble maker, when in actual fact Ipswich and me thought he was a good striker, even if he meaded 2 chances
per goal.

Oooh I've got a stalker. :ROFLMAO:

Mar 30, 2024
I think that Miller needs a 'poacher' type of player to get on the end of his crosses. Hardly any of our goals this season were of that type. Both Whittaker and Hardie are not that kind of player as they tend to participate more in the creation of their goals. Tommy Tynan on the other hand would have thrived.....

Reactions: ChepstowGreen
Jan 9, 2023
I would say it depends entirely on the formation we play. He struggled as a wingback, strangely. Ran down a lot of blind alleys, didn't really have the touch or vision to play out of tight spaces which with WBs they'll always find themselves in. He can really put a good ball in but unfortunately he never gets his head up (see Wright on Saturday for the difference that makes). His best performances were when we played 4-3-3 alongside Mumba with them interchanging positions. Those two together caused all sorts of problems (although remarkably few assists to show for it). If only we could somehow fuse them Frankenstein style into one player with Mumba's ability to get in great positions and Miller's delivery it would solve everything.

Also he still seems to have major calf issues, and he probably always will do. He's a decent squad player, but it depends how much he costs. I would maybe have a 1+1 yr maximum based on appearences, and he'd have to accept a squad player's wage. We just can't rely on him as a first choice.

Sep 12, 2015
He wont be a manager, he'll be a head coach and he will be advised to coach the players to give us attractive attacking football.
Exactly limits the type of management who would apply, imo .sorry coach ! that won’t suit every one with any vision and beliefs , (here’s these players ime giving you now get on with it) πŸ€”

Feb 8, 2005
Exactly limits the type of management who would apply, imo .sorry coach ! that won’t suit every one with any vision and beliefs , (here’s these players ime giving you now get on with it) πŸ€”
The head coach will be part of the selection team.

He will be able to dictate what type of player he requires and the data analysis team will present him with a choice of players to choose from.

Managers need not apply. This is the route chosen by the club. Get over it.

Reactions: kernow19
May 26, 2015
Strong rumour.
This should be a happy time for PAFC. Why do you persist in peddling these damaging rumours?. How do you think Galloway's and Miller's friends and families think on reading this? What you say may turn out to be true, although I very hope it isn't. If you are not absolutely sure about the "strong rumour", you would be well advised if you were told to keep quiet. I realise that this is a football website and that some contributors like a bit of gossip, but this type of rumour crosses the line for me, because it could be interpreted as casting doubt on the loyalty of the players. Anyway my point is made, and I will try to ignore your posts in the future because I don't like being accused of being a stalker.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Good. This site allows all sort of rumours, thankfully.

If you don't like them you two options 1) Don't read them or B) Leave the website.

It's a free world. Thankfully.

Reactions: EastoftheTamar
Aug 30, 2006
Good. This site allows all sort of rumours, thankfully.

If you don't like them you two options 1) Don't read them or B) Leave the website.

It's a free world. Thankfully.
Karen Brady answer ....Harsh but Fair!

Argyletillidie

Auction Winner πŸ‘¨β€βš–οΈ
Nov 1, 2021
Bristol
This should be a happy time for PAFC. Why do you persist in peddling these damaging rumours?. How do you think Galloway's and Miller's friends and families think on reading this? What you say may turn out to be true, although I very hope it isn't. If you are not absolutely sure about the "strong rumour", you would be well advised if you were told to keep quiet. I realise that this is a football website and that some contributors like a bit of gossip, but this type of rumour crosses the line for me, because it could be interpreted as casting doubt on the loyalty of the players. Anyway my point is made, and I will try to ignore your posts in the future because I don't like being accused of being a stalker.
I posted about this (Miller) earlier this season. He's not 100% settled in the area since joining and regularly goes back to London. From what I was told he wouldn't mind a move to a club in or in close proximity to London. At the end of the day it's a rumour but it came from someone relatively close to him (in Plymouth).

What I can say first hand, is that I had the pleasure of meeting him very briefly in the player's lounge after the Leicester game and he's a lovely guy, really nice bloke and humble personality. I hope he stays with us.