Well, was it a good, bad or indifferent season for Argyle? | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Well, was it a good, bad or indifferent season for Argyle?

C

Cobi Budge.

If we never got in to the play off spots I'd probably be saying it's an alright season, but the fact we rolled over and bottled it is what annoys me.

We would have been turned over in both legs anyway :(

C

Cobi Budge.

Agree with that.

We've ended this season awfully so why do we expect to go flying in to next season.

C

Cobi Budge.

Players have looked scared and useless at home this season.

It's not going to fill seats.

I suppose, on balance it was a good season because we finished in a better position than last year, and probably in a better position we thought we would be at the start of the season. Dissapointing from where I thought we would be a month ago.

Mar 18, 2006
Season was what I expected , mid table finish and therefore better than the previous 6.

Ended in disappointment because of the following :

1. Home record , teams can't wait to come and play on our pitch. We on the other hand buckle under the pressure of decent pitch , crowd etc.

2. Our record when we go a goal down. We have taken just 5 points from losing positions all season, and not once have we come back to win a game in which we have conceded first .

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Tugboat":1p98f28b said:
A mixed bag for me.

Good season in regards to our final league position

Bleddy hell Tuggers, can you give me some lottery numbers please? :twisted:

Oct 18, 2010
St Judes
I think you have to include the Fletcher bit otherwise it's not really fair on Sheridan.
I think we've made a lot of progress really, people are probably just upset because we didnt quite make it into the top six, but I think it takes a longer than a season to gain promotion.

Home record , teams can't wait to come and play on our pitch. We on the other hand buckle under the pressure of decent pitch , crowd etc. 

That's a good point which will need addressing for next season.

Aug 21, 2011
Vladivostok
Turnchapel Only":23t4btf8 said:
For me, this season has exceeded my expectations. Disappointing that inconsistency has cost a play off place, though.
That'll do for me.

As for comments linking the end of a season performance to the next season ??? Wot !!!
Northampton, Wycombe, Cheltenham, Gas were all tipped to be up the top end as were Man Ure. Chesterfield tailed off last season as we have this season.

Sep 1, 2010
Oxfordshire
Very disappointing season.

I am used to Plymouth punching well below it's weight; have been for my entire life. However it is the nature and timing of defeats against very poor opposition this season which has really disappointed me: Exeter at home being the real kick in the proverbials.

I am not sure another change on the managerial merry-go-round will help either. Players and managers at L1 & L2 level are much of a muchness. So unless we can find someone truly inspirational and with above average nouse, then we may as well stick with incremental improvement with Mr Sheriden.

Let's hope for lot's of sunshine and good surf this summer and we will all feel better come next season!