What has changed | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

What has changed

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
phil-thefluter24":1gzmxww0 said:
With Luke out possibly for a while, is a big big blow & can only make our defensive problems worse, also agree our downturn has coincided with RR s lack of form

McCormick, Hartley, O'Connor, Reuben (form) - that is our 'spine', right there; hence our spineless performances? :sad:

Dec 19, 2009
If Sheridan hasn't personally driven to Blackburn to get Anthony O'Conner back to the club then he needn't bother to set foot in HP again as far as I'm concerned. By his own admission he says O'Conner is a key part of the team and I'm certainly not going to disagree with that. First name on the teamsheet for me.
He played such a huge part in the success of the team prior to his loan ending I don't see how we can possibly mount any serious challenge without him. Okay he doesn't score goals or play many 30 yard defence splitting passes, but this lad is absolutely crucial to us. His no nonsense, consistently disciplined performances have held the team together and allowed others to play with confidence and expression - Mellor probably the prime example, nowhere near as good since O'Conner left.
:scarf: Anthony O'Conner WE need YOU. :scarf:

Hey I'm beginning to sound like that guy whose always banging his Tyler Harvey drum!!!!

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
keyser soze":26hhacd7 said:
If Sheridan hasn't personally driven to Blackburn to get Anthony O'Conner back to the club then he needn't bother to set foot in HP again as far as I'm concerned. By his own admission he says O'Conner is a key part of the team and I'm certainly not going to disagree with that. First name on the teamsheet for me.
He played such a huge part in the success of the team prior to his loan ending I don't see how we can possibly mount any serious challenge without him. Okay he doesn't score goals or play many 30 yard defence splitting passes, but this lad is absolutely crucial to us. His no nonsense, consistently disciplined performances have held the team together and allowed others to play with confidence and expression - Mellor probably the prime example, nowhere near as good since O'Conner left.

Hey I'm beginning to sound like that guy whose always banging his Tyler Harvey drum!!!!

But O'Connor has only played 101 League games!! Far too early to judge surely!!?? :lol:

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
keyser soze":2ki6bwvw said:

Good point about going to see the lad personally, especially if you consider the alleged amount of time the manager spends in the north of England.

Kevin Gollop

🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Sep 24, 2003
Plymouth
I agree with much of the above. Previously we just weren't conceding goals and with Reuben in great form we were always likely to nick a goal. Injuries in defence have meant we've started conceding more and this has coincided with Reuben's dip in performance (not just lack of goals). All of a sudden we're conceding goals and not scoring many. With the 3-5-2 formation your wing backs are vital, and on top of the loss of Kellet I think Mellor's form has dipped too. Think back to the Portsmouth game and he was unstoppable, but he hasn't hit that level for a while now. Purrington has done OK since coming back into the side but Kellet offered that bit more going forward. We've also lost O'Connor who had been an excellent signing and the injury crisis has been the cherry on top. You can now see the confidence draining from the team after a poor run of results. Losing Luke on top of this for any length of time could spell disaster. Let's hope there is good news on the O'Connor and/or Kellet front this week and we can get players back fit quickly. Hopefully if we can get Hartley back in defence we can start keeping clean sheets again and grind out a few wins and start to restore the confidence. The next couple weeks could be make or break time.

Feb 21, 2011
Losing Nelson and Hartley to injury resulted in losing O'Connor to CB, that was the platform from which our success was based. The return of Hartley will be massive he strikes me as not just being a decent CB but also the motivator/ organiser that gets us moving forward.