What would be considered a good tally of Reid? | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

What would be considered a good tally of Reid?

C

Cobi Budge.

daveburns1985":12q09frs said:
I would be shocked if he gets more than 12 this year, but I am not to worried as we have a good attacking goal scoring side. With the likes of Allesandra, Banton, Smally I think we will be ok. Although I do hope Ruben can find his boots again.

Why?

Jul 29, 2010
It's team goals that count, if he doesn't score at all but contributes a stack for the team then that's fine by me.

Honestly, individual goal targets and 'Sheridan's target or we'll sack him'. Is this national burdening people unnecessarily day?

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
X Isle":2kuijvcc said:
It's team goals that count, if he doesn't score at all but contributes a stack for the team then that's fine by me.

Honestly, individual goal targets and 'Sheridan's target or we'll sack him'. Is this national burdening people unnecessarily day?

I was thinking the same. He could score 25 in one freak game against Luton and not score or assist another throughout the other 45 games, would that go down as a great season? Provided he helps the team win matches, then I'm not fussed how many he scores. But generally the standard target for any attacking player is 10. If Reid can replicate last season's effort of 21 goals then great, but I'd rather it not be necessary and that others help tap them in for the wins.

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
spowell92":22g9khdh said:
X Isle":22g9khdh said:

I was thinking the same. He could score 25 in one freak game against Luton and not score or assist another throughout the other 45 games, would that go down as a great season? Provided he helps the team win matches, then I'm not fussed how many he scores. But generally the standard target for any attacking player is 10. If Reid can replicate last season's effort of 21 goals then great, but I'd rather it not be necessary and that others help tap them in for the wins.
Agree, we've got some really good attacking players for this league and it would be good to see them all shipping in with some goals

Aug 21, 2011
Vladivostok
ming the merciless":2ao2sfgl said:
Too many unknowns for me. Like how will the supply from the new midfielders be effected compared to last season. How will Smalley benefit the cutting edge of the team. Right now I'd snap yer hand of for 15. But if the new guys are decent it could be a happy season for Reid. Fingers crossed.
+ 1

C

CornerBoy

An overweight Ried is no good, if he is fit and injury free I think he is nailed on for another 20+

Lets hope he works hard in pre- season.

Oct 18, 2010
St Judes
Double figures will do. I expect the midfielders and defenders to get a few more than last season, I'd be satisfied if the goals were spread out, when we were promoted before that is how we were promoted :)

Leo's Grandad

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 18, 2011
Sunny Plymouth
Double figures in the first home game would be a good start for me...

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
spowell92":2c2iye0r said:
X Isle":2c2iye0r said:

These for me, I'd take 10 tap ins to earn us 30 points than 20 meaningless goals to round of games already won, similarly as someone of the big target man build I'd be happy if he scored the odd goals here and there if he was still creating good chances for others, keeping attacks alive and being a general nuisance in the opposition's penalty area.

As long as Argyle score enough goals to get us promoted then I'll be happy whoever scores them, putting all the pressure on Reid in that department is unhelpful at this stage IMO and will only lead to him being abused again if he is unable to reach the very high bar he set himself last season.

Oct 3, 2003
Dundee
We've seen Sheridan doesn't press players hard in pre-season.

As long as Reid isn't the embarrassing waddling mess who turned up at Southend last season for the the first game, then it'll be an improvement.

Feb 26, 2012
Ivybridge
Around 15 with the rest of the team chipping in. If he can achieve this sort of figure for a second season plus continue his excellent work in holding up the ball that would be great. I would like to see less of him backing into oppo defenders this season---one of his favourite tactics last year but he didn't get much change out of the referees.

L

lewjam14

more of the same 17+ in the league and 21+ all together but i think he could get 25+ in the league and 30 all together, but 17 in league should be his target