Who do we want as our new Manager | Page 79 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Who do we want as our new Manager

Who do you want as the new manager?

• Johannes Hoff Thorup

Votes: 81 22.8%
  • Anthony Barry

Votes: 43 12.1%
  • Paul Heckingbottom

Votes: 35 9.9%
  • Nigel Pearson

Votes: 21 5.9%
  • Michael Skubala

Votes: 53 14.9%
  • Nathan Jones

Votes: 11 3.1%
  • Alex Neil

Votes: 5 1.4%
  • Gareth Ainsworth

Votes: 8 2.3%
  • Gary Rowett

Votes: 9 2.5%
  • Someone else

Votes: 51 14.4%
  • David Wagner

Votes: 3 0.8%
  • Will Still

Votes: 35 9.9%

• Total voters
Apr 1, 2009
Interestingly in his match interview Dewsnip again mentioned head coach in not confident the lessons have been learnt
So what were the key differences in areas of responsibility for Schuey (who was, I think, a manager), and Foster (head coach). Can one of those saying they don't want another head coach, please explain.

I suspect there was very little difference between the job descriptions of Schuey and Foster, apart from their job titles. They just carried out their work in very different ways, and consequently had very different results.

Jul 6, 2005
The job title is completely irrelevant. If Foster had been a success then no-one would even have noticed he was known as head coach rather than manager.
I agree that the job title is not very relevant.

Of more significance is the relationship between the 1st Team Coach/Manager and the DOF.

The Head Coach/1st Team Manager has to answer to Dewsnip.

It's my belief that Dewsnip wants to maintain a very hands on roll in that not only does he oversee all football-related activities at the Club, but he also wants direct input in the 1st Team with regards to how they play.

Unfortunately, I don't think an experienced Manager of the sort we need to get us established in the Championship would be prepared to work with Dewsnip in those conditions.

As such, I think it likely that we will make another Foster-like appointment.

Reactions: Railway sleeper
Oct 10, 2018
I like the look of Des Buckingham at Oxford, but I doubt argyle will want to pay compo and beginning of a rebuild.

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
I agree that the job title is not very relevant.

Of more significance is the relationship between the 1st Team Coach/Manager and the DOF.

The Head Coach/1st Team Manager has to answer to Dewsnip.

It's my belief that Dewsnip wants to maintain a very hands on roll in that not only does he oversee all football-related activities at the Club, but he also wants direct input in the 1st Team with regards to how they play.

Unfortunately, I don't think an experienced Manager of the sort we need to get us established in the Championship would be prepared to work with Dewsnip in those conditions.

As such, I think it likely that we will make another Foster-like appointment.
I'd think the chances of another Foster type appointment would be wide of the mark after the last four months.

Lancastergreen

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Jan 12, 2017
Plymouth
Me I would love argyle to speak to Hearts about approaching Steven Neismith, or Shaun Maloney at Wigan.
You are quickly going through world football, you have to be on football manager to be plucking all these names out of nowhere