Who do we want as our new Manager | Page 93 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Who do we want as our new Manager

Who do you want as the new manager?

• Johannes Hoff Thorup

Votes: 83 21.2%
  • Anthony Barry

Votes: 49 12.5%
  • Paul Heckingbottom

Votes: 38 9.7%
  • Nigel Pearson

Votes: 26 6.6%
  • Michael Skubala

Votes: 53 13.5%
  • Nathan Jones

Votes: 11 2.8%
  • Alex Neil

Votes: 6 1.5%
  • Gareth Ainsworth

Votes: 8 2.0%
  • Gary Rowett

Votes: 9 2.3%
  • Someone else

Votes: 56 14.3%
  • David Wagner

Votes: 5 1.3%
  • Will Still

Votes: 48 12.2%

• Total voters
Nov 7, 2008
Whoever gets the nod, it needs to be announced as soon as possible, even if we have to wait a short time to officially start.

Players and there agents will now be fully focused on sorted getting there futures sorted before they disappear to sunny climes and if want to stand a chance of retaining certain players, we need to make it as easy as possible with steady ship/manager in place.

Argyologist

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Feb 4, 2012
Rosenior....

Happy to be a Head Coach.

Would jump at another Champ Job..

Knows the division..

Speaks well...

Young Manger with stuff to learn like Schuey was.

Knows the area...

Seems to have been good at pulling talent from the Prem...

Talked about us very positively Pre Hull game.

Both sides would engage - why wouldnt they?

Reckon he goes straight into a top 3 and can see him getting it....

Jul 28, 2020
I don't think it's of little value, and with respect, I don't accept I've suggested that. I just don't think it's the be all and end all.

There will always be exceptions to rules. Roy Hodgson had all the experience you could ever need, but he was pretty ordinary at two of the jobs you list. Fabio Capello had a fantastic, lengthy career, but his unwillingness to bend/learn meant he was no good as England manager. Sven was a much more affable person than Capello and that only helped so much.

At that level it's far more about managing players' expectations and convincing them your methods can help them win. In any event, those jobs you list will all have far more elite level applicants than we can currently hope for at Argyle. Interestingly, Liverpool appear to have chosen a successor with around half the number of games under his belt as Klopp had when he was appointed.

In our position, I would much rather have someone in charge who knows they don't know everything than someone who thinks they do.
Interesting post jon and I think we will have to agree to disagree on this

Some strange arguments in their, respectfully- using cappello and Hodgson as examples to infer that experienced people may be likely to fail, or ( later in your post) will think that they know everything

Experience should help us to become better sons,fathers, friends, husbands, lovers...you name it...to suggest this doesnt also apply to football managers seems highly counterintuitive

Of course with many polar arguments the truth may lie somewhere in the middle - and in this case that would be to have an experienced ( humble not conceited) manager at the head , who is open to new ideas, working in tandem with a coach with lots of new ideas

Why might this not happen ? Part of me thinks that Argyle might view an experienced coach as a threat in some way.Somebody who might pose difficult questions

From the 'mood music' from posts on pasoti today I very much fear that Argyle are about to make the same mistake for a second time...and when they need experience later in the season , they'll find it isnt there....and although we got away with it last time (just), I dont think we will do for a second time...

I send my best wishes jon - it's been good debating with you, but now unfortunately must sign off for the day..

SMG

Oct 22, 2021
That's shocking he's been sacked. Surely means they have someone lined up.

I think there will be too much interest in him for us to get him....

Only really Sunderland available right now and he would be advised to avoid that i think.

Hull will go for a big name, maybe foreign.

Reactions: Nobby

The Doctor

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
It's pretty much unbelievable that Hull have sacked Rosenior. He was on the shortlist for the Championship Manager of the Season and although I am not sure that he deserved to be in the final three above Rohl (for example) it is an indication that from an external perspective he had done a good job at Hull that was at least in line with expectations. That's supported by the fact that he signed a new 3 year deal just 6 months ago (according to Wikipedia). He always seems to speak well and positively and he seems like he has excellent potential so he would certainly be one I would add to my 'I'd be very happy with' list.

Reactions: Said old Green

mutley marvel

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Feb 13, 2021
Harsh from Hull to relieve Rosenior of his duties - they are not going to do a Birmingham & bring in Rooney or Lampard for big name status

Young, articulate up & coming manager would certainly tick all the boxes for me

SMG

Oct 22, 2021
It's kind of crazy this has happened on the day we properly start our search for a new manager. He ticks all the boxes but Hallett may have to pull out all the stops to convince Rosenior of Argyle's ambition.

Reactions: Said old Green

NLG

✅ Evergreen
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jan 16, 2006
Rosenior a great shout- no compensation to pay either - but he may be out of our price range though.

Reactions: PL2 Pilgrim