who would be your choice of available managers? | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

who would be your choice of available managers?

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
i pose this question as sheridan will one of these days get sacked or resign.i would go for paulo di canio if we could afford him.at this level he would work wonders as he did with swindon.not a man with agreeable politics but a man who won't accept less than total commitment.

Mar 23, 2008
Sturrock or Warnock to manage for a year or two with a young assistant with an affinity with the club like Coughlan, Wottsy or Lee Hodges. Ease them in and then Colin or Luggy upstairs, would like to see a coaching team with a real affinity to the club and area.

Feb 25, 2007
St Blazey
Luggy....see thats why you take this site with a pinch of salt. Times moved on. He was poor second time round. Supporters wanted him out last time.

We need new ideas if we change. Not a trip down memory lane.

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
The only way Sheridan will leave before his contract expires is if he resigns, Argyle cannot afford to fire him and pay off the rest of his contract, maybe the year after next they could.

So all of this crap is nonsense he aint going nowhere.

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
Ottawa Green":enfkm7od said:
The only way Sheridan will leave before his contract expires is if he resigns, Argyle cannot afford to fire him and pay off the rest of his contract, maybe the year after next they could.

So all of this crap is nonsense he aint going nowhere.
how do you know ottawa?the pressure will be on him from the majority of us who actually attend this dross week after week.it was terrible today mate

Jan 29, 2010
plymouth
Its not crap nonsense , Sheridan is crap nonsense and he must go . If he stays the best we can ever look forward to is not being relegated , the worst is non league obscurity for all time because once we go down we will never get back .

Jan 27, 2012
Sturrock or Warnock for sure.

Both have excellent records at this level, both are local and both are available. Either would be just what this club needs to start rebuilding again. They also come with many contacts in the game and may be able to tempt players here that Sheridan couldn't.

Sheridan doesn't deserve the stick he is getting right now but, in my view, Sturrock or Warnock are outstanding managers who would be a big upgrade. I could also see gates increasing as a result of such an appointment.

I want it to happen. I doubt that it will.

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
Unfortunately it doesnt matter, i believe he still has 2 years left on his contract, if you fire him you have to pay that 2 years salary you then have to hire another manager, so you are paying 2 people for the next 2 years, also a new manager would want his own staff so you have to fire all of Sheridans staff and pay for all the new staff, so to fire one person you may end up paying for 2 years 6-8 people before you can start looking for new players.

B

blackbeard

If you put PS or NW in as director of football that would undermine Sheridan who would walk.

Jan 27, 2012
Yet another example of a legitimate thread being moved from the main board because it didn't fit in with the personal opinion of the administrator.

I understand the need for editing, but sometimes I see over-zealous meddling.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
gaspargomez":3m52lbg1 said:
Yet another example of a legitimate thread being moved from the main board because it didn't fit in with the personal opinion of the administrator.

I understand the need for editing, but sometimes I see over-zealous meddling.

You forgot to mention the budget. :)

It's pure conjecture, hence the reason why the thread was moved. No big deal.