Who's going to Bury? | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Who's going to Bury?

Aug 20, 2014
Hi, Bury fan here in peace. Thanks for the kind words about the JD Stadium, (as we're supposed to call it now). A few things have changed from last season and our Board are splashing the cash both on and off the field. (Where it's coming from is another story). Firstly, the pitch has been dug up and the drainage finally sorted. It's now completely flat and should be conducive to flowing football on the ground, which is what we all want to see, right? Last season it was more akin to a peat bog and we had numerous games called off. It seems as if plans are afoot to re develop Gigg rather than move to some soulless place on a remote Retail Park and for that most of us are grateful. Secondly, the Social Club next to the club shop has been completely refurbished internally. It did look a bit "Phoenix Nights" before, a bit grim and a lot of people stopped using it. It looks really plush now, although the exterior remains unchanged. Visiting fans are welcome but there is a small entrance charge of, I think, £1. One thing which hasn't changed is the service, it still takes an age to get served but, hopefully, this is just teething troubles as the staff are all new as well. It is, however, the nearest place to the stadium to get a bite and a drink before the match. Of the two pubs nearest to the Ground the best one is The Swan and Cemetary which welcomes away fans and serves a decent pint as well as Pub Grub if you've got time. Further afield there's the usual suspects, Whetherspoons etc., in the town centre. There is an interesting Real Ale place called The Trackside on one of the platforms of The Steam Railway Station on Bolton Street if you've got time to spare.
On the field things have got really exciting with Flitcroft having made some quality signings to add to last seasons retained squad members. Proof of the pudding and all that but it is hard not to see returning legend Ryan Lowe bagging a hatful of goals this season. With respect it is the quality of these signings, most of them playing in the Championship last season, which made us an early bookies favourite rather than just our strong finish to last season.
Anyway hope those of you coming on Saturday have a safe journey there and back and all the best for the season, apart from our two games of course.

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
I think they take sterling!?

Feb 25, 2007
St Blazey
Alarm will be set for 3.45am. Another long trip. Lets hope we have a good noisy following to drown out just a couple thousand Bury fans and push the greens on to 3 points.

Aug 15, 2008
Shaker1":a6a9gju2 said:
Hi, Bury fan here in peace. Thanks for the kind words about the JD Stadium, (as we're supposed to call it now). A few things have changed from last season and our Board are splashing the cash both on and off the field. (Where it's coming from is another story). Firstly, the pitch has been dug up and the drainage finally sorted. It's now completely flat and should be conducive to flowing football on the ground, which is what we all want to see, right? Last season it was more akin to a peat bog and we had numerous games called off. It seems as if plans are afoot to re develop Gigg rather than move to some soulless place on a remote Retail Park and for that most of us are grateful. Secondly, the Social Club next to the club shop has been completely refurbished internally. It did look a bit "Phoenix Nights" before, a bit grim and a lot of people stopped using it. It looks really plush now, although the exterior remains unchanged. Visiting fans are welcome but there is a small entrance charge of, I think, £1. One thing which hasn't changed is the service, it still takes an age to get served but, hopefully, this is just teething troubles as the staff are all new as well. It is, however, the nearest place to the stadium to get a bite and a drink before the match. Of the two pubs nearest to the Ground the best one is The Swan and Cemetary which welcomes away fans and serves a decent pint as well as Pub Grub if you've got time. Further afield there's the usual suspects, Whetherspoons etc., in the town centre. There is an interesting Real Ale place called The Trackside on one of the platforms of The Steam Railway Station on Bolton Street if you've got time to spare.
On the field things have got really exciting with Flitcroft having made some quality signings to add to last seasons retained squad members. Proof of the pudding and all that but it is hard not to see returning legend Ryan Lowe bagging a hatful of goals this season. With respect it is the quality of these signings, most of them playing in the Championship last season, which made us an early bookies favourite rather than just our strong finish to last season.
Anyway hope those of you coming on Saturday have a safe journey there and back and all the best for the season, apart from our two games of course.

Thanks for the heads up mate :) I saw a "documentary" about some of your people - I wont call them fans but you get my drift. Bury is a proper football club and I wish you well but not tomorrow :)

May 3, 2007
Liskeard, Cornwall
I think the os says potd.
I drove there last season. The ground is in a residential area, the stewards were directing away fans cars to a car park past the ground, but I found a place quite easily in one of the sidestreets directly opposite the stadium.
Had a pleasant drink in a very welcomi g local pub back on the main road and after a splendid pie at the ground, it all went mammaries up when the football started.
Nice place, very friendly bunch, proper club. Better than us too a few months back, a lot better. But, we should give them a better match this time and if we come away with anything, this will be a good omen for the season.

James Owen":1e85ytq2 said:
Where can you park? Can you Pay on the gate?

away end is big so i am assuming POTD ok ... got saturday off and deciding to drive there early. parked last season in resi streets near the Swan n Cemetery so will do same again tomorrow. reasonably simple if you can walk ten mins

i'd take a boring nil nil over last visit !! COYG :wave: