Who's going to see Slew at Crewe? | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Who's going to see Slew at Crewe?

Feb 2, 2005
Cornwall
Gresty Road - one of the wierdest grounds i've been too.

The only time I went was when we were in the Championship uner Pulis. Trigger was immense that day.

R

robinsonm87

First game of season due to location. Really looking forward to seeing all the new signings

May 19, 2016
Only my opinion of course but I find this a fairly depressing venue in a fairly depressing town.

Last time I was there was the beginning of the end for Bobby Williamson when he made the big mistake of sarcastically clapping the Argyle fans after he'd made one of his bewildering substitutions.

On a happier note on another occasion I remember David Norris on loan at that time from Bolton scoring what I think was his first Argyle goal

pafcprogs

🌟 Pasoti Laureate 🌟
Apr 3, 2008
Westerham Kent
I went to see Crewe v York many moons ago when British Rail did a £4 return to anywhere in the country on a day return...probably around 1980 so we would do a new ground.

Little did I know the one Crewe scorer would later rock up at the Theatre of Greens...

Any guesses who it was...if it helps it was a penalty

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
pafcprogs":24sk3cp5 said:
I went to see Crewe v York many moons ago when British Rail did a £4 return to anywhere in the country on a day return...probably around 1978/1977 so we would do a new ground.

Little did I know the one Crewe scorer would later rock up at the Theatre of Greens...

ray lugg?

Pootle's Pom Pom

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Mar 13, 2009
Trowbridge or Bristol
pafcprogs":m4z0hkpn said:
I went to see Crewe v York many moons ago when British Rail did a £4 return to anywhere in the country on a day return...probably around 1980 so we would do a new ground.

Was going to say Crudgie, but don't think he scored a penalty for anyone!

Pootle's Pom Pom

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Mar 13, 2009
Trowbridge or Bristol
Pootle's Pom Pom":l8rap52h said:
pafcprogs":l8rap52h said:

Was going to say Crudgie, but don't think he scored a penalty for anyone!

But I think it was a keeper. Bruce Grobbelaar?

Sep 6, 2006
TheFlyer":24pml876 said:
Only my opinion of course but I find this a fairly depressing venue in a fairly depressing town.

Last time I was there was the beginning of the end for Bobby Williamson when he made the big mistake of sarcastically clapping the Argyle fans after he'd made one of his bewildering substitutions.

On a happier note on another occasion I remember David Norris on loan at that time from Bolton scoring what I think was his first Argyle goal

That's disappointing. I was expecting it to be similar to Barcelona. Or Monaco perhaps.

meetoo

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jul 29, 2010
RE POTD....
I see the away allocation is 1600+ and the main stand alone holds 7000... So even if no POTD for Argyle fans I will just pay to get in elsewhere. No cash turnstiles apparently so tickets have to be obtained from the ticket office prior to entry.

May 19, 2016
Balham_Green":3k2zyhss said:
TheFlyer":3k2zyhss said:

That's disappointing. I was expecting it to be similar to Barcelona. Or Monaco perhaps.

It does have a Mornflake Oats factory though which neither Barcelona or Monaco have !

May 19, 2016
Welwyn Pilgrim":7s0f253h said:
I'm in...11.07am from Euston ...

Arrives 12.41pm...

Gives me time to view the sights of Crewe..

Don't forget to visit the Mornflake Oats Factory then - its virtually opposite the ground :thumbup: