Whose hand was it? | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Whose hand was it?

T

Tynan's Dad

I remember an incident (home to Southend???) years ago in fron of the Devonport when Trigger's hand connected with the ball and the ref blew for an Argyle penalty. He then consulted with the Lyndhurst ref and then awarded the penalty to Argyle. From memory, the ball was placed on the spot and players were getting ready when the ref was called over by the Mayflower ref, standing by the tunnel. They chatted for a while and the ref jogged back awarding a free kick to the goalkeeper. The whole incident lasted a fee minutes.

Jan 7, 2013
Tynan's Dad":2ukiubfd said:
I remember an incident (home to Southend???) years ago in fron of the Devonport when Trigger's hand connected with the ball and the ref blew for an Argyle penalty. He then consulted with the Lyndhurst ref and then awarded the penalty to Argyle. From memory, the ball was placed on the spot and players were getting ready when the ref was called over by the Mayflower ref, standing by the tunnel. They chatted for a while and the ref jogged back awarding a free kick to the goalkeeper. The whole incident lasted a fee minutes.
Yes, I remember this too, they made the right decision in the end but took there bloody time!

P

Piran-Pilgrim

Dembele put his hand over top of Hartley's head and pushed ball to prevent Hartley having a clear header on goal.

J

jsimmons

I had a clear view from the front of block 4 of the Devonport and my instant reaction was that it was a definite penalty. The Stevenage player jumped with his arm above his head to knock the ball away with his hand.

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
PIRAN-PILGRIM":1ykpv7l5 said:
Dembele put his hand over top of Hartley's head and pushed ball to prevent Hartley having a clear header on goal.

Although others have praised him in the Brief Synopsis thread I was saying from early in the first half that he looked like a player who was going to do something inexplicable at some point. There was just something a bit random about the way he moved/played the ball etc.

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
soccerpilgrim":1vcdqwxb said:
PIRAN-PILGRIM":1vcdqwxb said:

This is also what I saw when I watched it back frame-by-frame.

Odd that he didn't get didn't get a yellow card for deliberate handball then.

C

Cobi Budge.

He took so long to give it. Blew his whistle, could have been for a number of things, full time, goal kick, free kick or penalty m, he didn't do anything, then when surrounded by our players he gave it.

B

Benji1

Cobi Budge.":3hdg7kvc said:
He took so long to give it. Blew his whistle, could have been for a number of things, full time, goal kick, free kick or penalty m, he didn't do anything, then when surrounded by our players he gave it.

The Lyndurst line confirmed and signalled that it was a Pen, they may have been a couple of seconds delay, because their were communicating via their mic's, but the lino signalled.

Good team work by the officials.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
clokey84":yuo17izz said:
Tynan's Dad":yuo17izz said:
Yes, I remember this too, they made the right decision in the end but took there bloody time!

Caused by, in my opinion, the closeness of the colours, dark blue and dark green on a very grey day.

It ended in a 0-0 and thousands of Argyle 'fans' booed the team off that day.

Oct 24, 2010
IJN":3ca45tn8 said:
clokey84":3ca45tn8 said:
Tynan's Dad":3ca45tn8 said:

Caused by, in my opinion, the closeness of the colours, dark blue and dark green on a very grey day.

Are you sure we drew Ian, I thought we won that game.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
esmer":xx1n5s25 said:
IJN":xx1n5s25 said:
clokey84":xx1n5s25 said:
Tynan's Dad":xx1n5s25 said:

Are you sure we drew Ian, I thought we won that game.

I'll check on The Bible (aka GoS) and let you know Rich.

Edited to add - I was right Richard, the game was played in April in front of 10,000 plus crowd and we drew 0-0. It was the booing that I remembered most of all. It wasn't a good game. Saying that, it was Megawatts up on the crap that we witnessed last night. If we ever play Stevenage again, I don't want to witness it. I see the re-match is on a Tuesday night in March. I usually love going to away games, midweek in the Spring, but I think I'll give that one a miss.