Why are we apparently unfit? | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Why are we apparently unfit?

Jul 1, 2006
We struggled yesterday as some players looked very un-fit.
Maybe employment at Home Park these days is too comfortable?

Dec 3, 2005
Well reading comments from supporters who were actually at the match, the majority who have made comments, mention the team looked unfit, so I am taking their word for that.

Has to why we look unfit in comparison to Cambridge, is obviously a major problem, I mean how can a team compete if they can only play for 70 minutes?

B

bizzay1

On the way back yesterday we stopped at gordanos for a break and just after us waiting to be served was the whole of the chesham team who were travelling back after beating Truro 3-0, they were having all sorts of fit and healthy stuff from KFC & Burger King maybe this is our problem we don't feed our lads the right stuff ?

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
Are you seriously suggesting that a couple of professionals know more than some of Pasoti's finest experts? You'll have to do better than that John.

Dec 3, 2005
John_Lloyd":ukx3iesk said:
I can't comment on yesterday's match, as I was elsewhere for a wedding.

But I've heard it said by a former manager of Argyle, and by Neil Lennon on yesterday's Five Live coverage of opening day, that players need at least four or five actual matches to reach optimum levels of fitness.

Pre-season training - not even the matches - can't get players to that level. Only actual matches does the trick.

It seems to be understood that August is the same for everyone - the first lap on a very long run.

We're all just getting up to speed.

All well land good - so it is the same for every team - players need match time to gain that extra fitness.

Same for Cambridge, I guess, so why did Argyle appear, as suggested by the supporters who went, to be less fit then Cambridge?

Aug 12, 2011
Reid has realised that if he sheds a bit, eats better, trains harder, basically treat it like a career, then with 20-25 goals this year gets him a move and basically double your money.
We need all the lads adopting that attitude.

In relation to the gaffa, enthusiasm is contagious, so is a lack of enthusiasm :scarf:

Dec 22, 2004
Plymouth
Whoever said we were unfit can shove that one back in their "make up a story" hole. Clearly fitter than a League 1 team. Orient looked knackered and lost count how many of them down with cramp and that was before our first sub.

Jul 10, 2013
Orient players who are a league above us should be 10 - 20% fitter and dominating extra time, that certainly didn't happen! It was the other way round, I think maybe this could be due to all the players having a full pre season together so well done Mr. Sheridan for getting them in early! I feel a few late goals coming for us this season. Bring on the scum!

Jun 14, 2004
Saltash
We were sensational from the second half, fitness is not an issue with this Argyle team , very , very proud tonight .
Do not listen to the doom mongers, we have our Argyle back :)

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
djg145":17hh5zwa said:
Many people who were at the game today, mention the team being UNFIT!!

WHY?

Why should the players look unfit, most have had a full pre-season, most have had games pre-season, yes you need game time in real meaningful games, BUT that is the same has any other team, yet we looked unfit, did Cambridge look unfit?

Since you posted this the team have come back from 2-0 down against a team from a higher league, took them to extra time, playing another 30 minutes and only lost by the odd penalty.
We then ran rings around Exeter, thumping them 3-0 and then faced Stevenage - a robust and physical team - and we came back from 1-0 down to battle and fight until the last kick and were rewarded with a 97th minute penalty.

I really don't think the team is unfit.

Dec 3, 2005
PL2 3DQ":32cppp50 said:
djg145":32cppp50 said:
Many people who were at the game today, mention the team being UNFIT!!

WHY?

Why should the players look unfit, most have had a full pre-season, most have had games pre-season, yes you need game time in real meaningful games, BUT that is the same has any other team, yet we looked unfit, did Cambridge look unfit?

Since you posted this the team have come back from 2-0 down against a team from a higher league, took them to extra time, playing another 30 minutes and only lost by the odd penalty.
We then ran rings around Exeter, thumping them 3-0 and then faced Stevenage - a robust and physical team - and we came back from 1-0 down to battle and fight until the last kick and were rewarded with a 97th minute penalty.

I really don't think the team is unfit.

I did say in my opening statement that "Many people who were there (Cambridge away) mentioned the team being unfit".