Why is Jervis still up top? | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Why is Jervis still up top?

C

Cobi Budge.

What a stupid post Andy.

Anybody who thinks that this thread is an Anti-Jervis thread clearly made that assumption from the thread title, without actually reading my opening post.

If we can't discuss a Plymouth Argyle player's best position, on a Plymouth Argyle forum, then what can we discuss? :doh:

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Cobi Budge.":hnjhmnlw said:
What a stupid post Andy.

Anybody who thinks that this thread is an Anti-Jervis thread clearly made that assumption from the thread title, without actually reading my opening post.

If we can't discuss a Plymouth Argyle player's best position, on a Plymouth Argyle forum, then what can we discuss? :doh:

Free buses? :think:

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
Pogleswoody":2gafr28e said:
Cobi Budge.":2gafr28e said:
What a stupid post Andy.

And the Grandstand :)

May 26, 2006
South Devon
Andy_S":32hn9ba4 said:
philevs":32hn9ba4 said:
Andy_S":32hn9ba4 said:
Squeeze up in the barrell...Cobi now wants Jervis in there!

This is a discussion site (isn't it?), and I thought Cobi's question a very good one at the moment.
Same applies for the thread I started about Kelvin Mellor, I wanted to open a discussion, as I personally don't "get" him as a player, and I think that a good discussion has resulted.
I don't see that it is slagging a player off to open a discussion, I thought they were the purpose of this site.

Cobi's question is not a good one!

Cobi always looks for someone to blame when we don't get the result that Cobi wants.

What a pathetic comment. It's a fair question.

Jervis is wasted up front on his own. He can't hold the ball up well enough. He'd be far better playing off Brunt.

Oct 17, 2011
Plymouth
Jervis's recent form reminds me of Banton ( 2nd spell ), ineffective and disinterested. Be glad when the early season player gets back, along with the injured players.

C

Cobi Budge.

The problem is, as someone else has said, Jervis struggles to hold onto the ball when upfront by himself, he starts to resemble a walking pinball machine, and quite quickly, because nothing seems to come off for him, he loses interest, second half against Orient he certainly wasn't giving 100%.

Move him back out wide where he thrived earlier in the season, and where he enjoyed playing by his own admittance. Because he's a dangerous player when used correctly.

R

ReadingFan

Seems like your problem is that you have four talented but lightweight attacking players. If you want to squeeze them all in, then one has to try to be a striker. It can work, but it's difficult, you've got to get the ball down and play it.

You're probably best served by sticking a proper target man in and playing Jervis, Carey and Tanner behind him.

ReadingFan":2bjszp39 said:
Seems like your problem is that you have four talented but lightweight attacking players. If you want to squeeze them all in, then one has to try to be a striker. It can work, but it's difficult, you've got to get the ball down and play it.

You're probably best served by sticking a proper target man in and playing Jervis, Carey and Tanner behind him.

Feel this has to be the way forward. Reid as the target man when he is fit, and Brunt filling in during the interim.

Not bad insight from a Reading fan eh?

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
He probably meant that the digs normally appear for Reuben Reid when he is top scorer.

There is a school of thought, or observation, that Jervis even got the last touch that deceived the goalkeeper on Saturday. Not that I think that Brunt should be deprived of the goal.

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
Pogleswoody":1y19u6fr said:
Cobi Budge.":1y19u6fr said:
What a stupid post Andy.

We can always depend on you to widen the discussion poges. I hadn't realised the scope a post on free buses can offer. If Jervis was driving the free bus he would still be up front on his own? And when the bus gets to Hartley there is likely to be a McQueue at the bus stop?

Oct 5, 2013
davie nine":cp40pvht said:
He probably meant that the digs normally appear for Reuben Reid when he is top scorer.

Would be interesting to see if this is actually the case then, or just his perception of things!

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
What annoyed me on Saturday was that after his pee poor control continually gave the ball back to Dagenham, Jervis showed absolutely no desire to work to get it back. If it went five yards off his knee it was to all intents a lost cause.
At least after Brunt's pee poor control he charged after it and looked like he was vaguely concerned that we were losing.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
memory man":27eldo3c said:
Pogleswoody":27eldo3c said:
Cobi Budge.":27eldo3c said:
What a stupid post Andy.

We can always depend on you to widen the discussion poges. I hadn't realised the scope a post on free buses can offer. If Jervis was driving the free bus he would still be up front on his own? And when the bus gets to Hartley there is likely to be a McQueue at the bus stop?

I really do not like the sound of that line-up!