will it cost us | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

will it cost us

Koala Green

🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
✅ Evergreen
Mar 17, 2012
PAFC94":asr82tdx said:
I'm not sure what some people have been watching. Miller has been poor in every game I've seen.

Sawyer is no world beater but at least he can do the simple things right.

Totally agree, I think Miller has been a weak link all season, count how many goals originate from the right hand side. He is an ok solid defender is only asked to defend but if asked to pass well and get up the line and attack the opposition then he's way off L1 standard.

Oct 20, 2015
Exiled
Miller has played fine this season. The reason goals are coming from both wings is because the wingers are not tracking back like last year and the opposition full-backs are quicker, stronger, with better delivery. So we are being overloaded out wide.

As for playing 4-4-2, we are constantly out battled in a 5 man midfield, what chance do we have if you take a man out?

Jun 28, 2015
It's not by chance that Miller is made a scapegoat by people. Too many people have the same opinion on his performances and unfortunately that outweighs the people who think he has played well. His positional play is poor, getting attracted to the ball wherever it is on the pitch. That's why so many goals have originated from his side, nothing to do with wingers not tracking back to help out. He has tried harder this season but he is out of his depth, physically and mentally. The sooner Oscar gets back the better. However, I am more concerned by the lack of goals. I may be wrong and we might turn it around but I just cannot see where goals are going to come from in this current Argyle team. I hope I'm wrong.

Feb 15, 2005
Just adding to the GM debate that in the Times team of the week, he was named and so he is rated by what I expect to be a neutral reporter.

Mar 29, 2017
Please stop comparing Sawyer to Miller. Sawyer is a solid player who has upped his game this year and is doing well. Gary Miller, despite improving a little, wouldn't get in most L2 starting XIs, let alone L1.

A

Anonymous

Although he may not be considered to be a decent player, he is no doubt aware of the criticism he receives from the stands and social media.

A player that despite being called a "C**T" and told to "F**K OFF BACK TO SCOTLAND" by a few fans around me for 90mins on Saturday, was still playing to the final whistle and earned a point with an excellent goal line clearance.

Incidentally, the same absuive fans were then chanting super gary miller until the final whistle.

Is there anything more fickle than a football fan?

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
buck197":375517by said:
Just adding to the GM debate that in the Times team of the week, he was named and so he is rated by what I expect to be a neutral reporter.

I saw that too, but the acid question was, 'did that same journalist see every other right back playing for his team, that same afternoon?' I think not, but it puts The Times Team of the Week into perspective. I make no comment on GM's performance as I did not see him perform at Bury.