Worst Ever Game | Page 7 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Worst Ever Game

Mexijan1

🇲🇽🇲🇽🇲🇽🇲🇽🇲🇽🇲🇽
✅ Evergreen
Jul 17, 2023
Reading 1985 not a bad performance persay but still have nightmares about that one. 4 crazy minutes and we go from 3-1 up to 4-3 down. I got the blame in the minibus on the way back home for starting the we want 4 chant when we were 3-0 up. Seen some dross over the years but that one really hurt.

Reactions: BrixtonGreen
Aug 16, 2021
I suppose by most yardsticks it wouldn't make the worst as we scored 3 goals... but how we let in 4 in that last 15 minutes at Elm Park still haunts me. Definitely the worst as an experience, oh and both Wembleys.

Jun 1, 2011
Kidderminster 3-0 Argyle, April 2001. I think poor old Danny Bance's only game for Argyle, plus a truly inept performance by a loanee called Stuart Elliott. Not that the others were any better.

Amazing to think that we'd be promoted from the same division about 12 months later at the end of still my favourite season as an Argyle fan. Jim

Reactions: DColl
Sep 6, 2006
I suppose by most yardsticks it wouldn't make the worst as we scored 3 goals... but how we let in 4 in that last 15 minutes at Elm Park still haunts me. Definitely the worst as an experience, oh and both Wembleys.
Come on wasn't that bad. Last 25 mins! Probably showed the tactical naivety of our manager.

Nov 9, 2011
I recall being hammered by Exeter at home 0-3 and they played in a Sh*tty brown kit with coloured paint flecks all over it

Brussels Bureaucrat

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Jun 16, 2017
Ixelles/The City of Plymouth
One of the many 0-0s against Newport. There was one where the floodlights failed and it gave us some hope that we'd get to go home early, but unfortunately somebody found a pound coin for the meter.

As for depressing performances, does anyone remember losing 4-0 at home to Swindon in the FA Cup? It was in the early stages of our financial collapse, and it was a bit of a rude awakening after a reasonably positive start to life in League 1 after all those years in the Champ.

Apr 9, 2024
Where to start...
Several games under Hodges, in particular a 0-0 home draw against Scarborough who had 2 men sent off!
Many FA cup exists to non-league teams - Stourbridge, Dorchester.
The Brentford 7-0 which actually got funnier and funnier as we started celebrating their goals!
The 5-0 loss at West Ham (Williamson?).
Oxford away under Adams - an absolutely awful display. Lost 2-0 but we were f**king useful. The worst performance from a 'professional' footballer - Ryan Edwards.
Obviously, the 2 Wembley debacles.
Blackburn 3-1 and David Speedie hatrick.
The Burnley playoff then relegation defeats.
Any game at Twerton Park
Accrington away under Adams
The list goes on...

Frank Butcher

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Oct 9, 2003
Gairloch
We actually won that game.

Our record defeat is 0-9 v Stoke City in 1960. Maybe a few of those are still alive.

Speaking of Stoke City, the worst game I ever witnessed was an utterly turgid affair on Valentine's Day 2006. I think the managers agreed on a draw before the game, because I don't remember a single shot on target.

Yes of course - daft of me. Would still be interesting if anyone witnessed it. There must be people around from the Stoke game - was it that bad I wonder?

Belfast Green

🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪
Jam First
✅ Evergreen
Jun 23, 2017
Belfast
That Watford game with Johnston and Cooper still makes me feel like I need to go for anger management therapy. Does anyone else remember surrendering at Bury, almost exactly a decade ago, after which even the usually tempered GoS described it…

“…Deeply disturbing, though, was that Argyle fell apart. Few if any in a green shirt were anywhere near good enough in the second half and Bury simply coasted to perhaps their easiest win of the season. A triple substitution on the hour made no impact at all, and with a fourth goal in the dying minutes, the only surprise was the result wasn't even more embarrassing. A wretched display with absolutely no redeeming features, but worse than that, far too many gutless individual performances…”

Danny Mayor was in the Bury side that day.