Wycombe again.... | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Wycombe again....

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
I'm NOT going to google all the local stockists of Beechdean Icecream!! Then I'm NOT going to go there and when I DON'T get there I'm NOT going to buy any!! :furious:

:lol: :thumbs: :lol:

Nov 14, 2014
The thing is to boycott Wycombe matches, which will probably happen up & down the land as spectators decide their hard-earned is better spent going to watch a proper game of football another day. Their supporters are probably happy to watch such rubbish, but next time they come to Home Park (& elsewhere where they have bored spectators) attendances may well be affected. I go to matches in the London area, but don't plan to go anywhere near Wycombe if Argyle play there again. Football is a form of entertainment, after all, but can be a pretty boring experience at times. Lower attendances = lower income, hopefully, for those not looking to entertain. As Danny Blanchflower said to Jimmy Greaves - "The game is about glory. It's about doing things in style, with a flourish, about going out & beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom"

Nov 4, 2012
Had a flick through the match thread on Exeweb. Lots of comments that echo our sentiments towards Wycombe.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
PAFC94":3hsueaxk said:
Had a flick through the match thread on Exeweb. Lots of comments that echo our sentiments towards Wycombe.

I had a look as well and very similar comments from Exeter fans to ours from two weeks ago, like this ....

they are a goal up, there's off the ball niggles, wycombe players falling down clutching their face, game being slowed down.Quell surprise!

This head injury rule is being exploited by teams like Wycombe. The ref has to stop play and allow treatment. Mansfield did it against us just when Wylde was breaking free, there was nothing wrong with the player, the physio didn't even come on but it was job done because our attack was stopped and it ended up as a drop ball.
Any player with a "head injury" should go off for professional analysis before being allowed back on.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
Physios should be allowed to enter the field of play when/if there is a head injury whilst the game continues. IT would take a second to ascertain if it was an injury that genuinely required a stretcher and by then in most cases the passage of play would have finished. It maybe needs to go back a little to the old days and it's up to the side with the injured player to put the ball out and give up possession if they have it.

Mar 17, 2011
Ade the green":4e6h4p7d said:
Lundan Cabbie":4e6h4p7d said:
Ade the green":4e6h4p7d said:
Lundan Cabbie":4e6h4p7d said:
If they added 8 minutes on then it seems to me that they are NOT getting away with wasting time by feigning injury.

The point being LC, that feigning an injury at a time when your opponents are on top of the game disrupts them and can give your team respite or an opportunity to get back on parity. Obviously you forget that Wycombe have more instances of time using injuries once they are in front. If it wasn't to gain an advantage it would be the same if they were behind in a game which, they don't.

I know it's frustrating but they break no laws. Changing the pace of the game to suit your own circumstances, whether we like it or not, is good tactics. I realise they push it to the limits, I can understand the frustration and I get that it detracts entertainment for supporters but the best way to stop them using tactics like this is to not allow them to go in front. Maybe not the best answer but we know this would work.

LC, I completely understand and agree with you that this is not illegal in the eyes of the FA and the FL but the manner in which they act out injuries could result in a serious injury to one of their own players being ignored. When their keeper went down, we know now that it was a serious enough injury to need a stretcher etc but at the time we'd seen it all before so if Reuben had scored we'd all be feeling a hint of shame at the moment. As it was the injury was to his leg but in order to try and get the passage of play stopped he feigned a head injury. Now knowing that he and his team mates are prone to play acting what if one of his colleagues goes down with a real serious head injury and the element of doubt leads to the slightest of delays in getting treatment. For that reason alone this simulation must be stamped out or at the very least discouraged by managers rather than in Ainsworth's case whereby he's seen as actively encouraging it amongst his team. In real life we don't like being conned and it makes little difference if you're on your own or part of a collective it still rankles.

Add to that, the behaviour of Ainsworth that went far beyond gamesmanship or one upmanship that goes on on the touch line. Having won the game you'd think he'd be happy to leave it at that instead of snarling in DA's face and trying to get another negative reaction from a representative of the club which is quite obviously what his intention was.

It's no coincidence that the forums and boards from every club is the same for the week following a game against that lot and it's a shame only a few of the Wycombe fans can see what a poor reputation they have. Well done to Luton BTW who did to them what they do week in week out to everyone else, but they shouldn't need to and neither should anyone else.
Not illegal? Why are players (occasionally) given a yellow card for time wasting if it's allowed? A Rotherham player was given a second yellow and sent off yesterday for delaying a thrown in. Their new manager is of course another one who is a master of the so called dark arts. Would be interesting too see a few more refs take this action instead of just adding on part of the time wasted. Don't suppose it would stop ainsworth though.

Sep 23, 2005
No chance - Wycombe free day that is.

Exeter supporters saying Wycombe had 4 non serious head injury delays once in the lead second half yesterday. There really should be more the officials could do against this blatent Ainsworth tactic.