Nowhere near the finished article (Lowe) | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Nowhere near the finished article (Lowe)

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
Did anyone really expect the us to be the finished article already?? It's ridiculous to even suggest that we might be.

We're a work in progress and will be for some months. The impatience of fans is extremely frustrating.

Jul 12, 2016
The impatience is probably due to the fact that most fans still feel cheated that we ended up in this awful division.We obviously cannot change what happened but the desire to get back to where we were at the first attempt is adding to the pressure. RL's positivity ,whilst welcome, has raised expectations to unrealistic levels.

Jan 2, 2019
Need someone who can score alongside Telford as simple as. Must be money available from sale of Freddie and from sell on clauses. Probably time to stop being cheap and find someone to buy.

Aug 5, 2016
oldage":2kjdsqrb said:
The impatience is probably due to the fact that most fans still feel cheated that we ended up in this awful division.We obviously cannot change what happened but the desire to get back to where we were at the first attempt is adding to the pressure. RL's positivity ,whilst welcome, has raised expectations to unrealistic levels.

If Riley's shot went in (great save) and Telford timed his run better we'd have been 2-0 up at HT and most likely cruised to another win. More messianic tributes for Ryan Lowe.

Newport reacted well. They bombarded us for 5 minutes and could have scored 3. But Newport away against a decent physical side was never going to be easy.

We really need to relax a bit, there were so many positives yesterday. We are not going to win every game. I like where we are going under Lowe and what he is trying to do. It would be nice if you didn't personally attack and blame the guy like you did with his predecessor after every set back.

Lesley Somerville

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 1, 2011
Plymouth
Agree with the above. Added to that, RL has stated that he's looking for an attacking player and hopes to get one in next week. A decent loan would be ideal. He knows what he's doing and has a great team around him. I'm not even slightly concerned by yesterday's result.

Jul 12, 2016
Knibbsworth":1o5ospro said:
oldage":1o5ospro said:

If Riley's shot went in (great save) and Telford timed his run better we'd have been 2-0 up at HT and most likely cruised to another win. More messianic tributes for Ryan Lowe.

Newport reacted well. They bombarded us for 5 minutes and could have scored 3. But Newport away against a decent physical side was never going to be easy.

We really need to relax a bit, there were so many positives yesterday. We are not going to win every game. I like where we are going under Lowe and what he is trying to do. It would be nice if you didn't personally attack and blame the guy like you did with his predecessor after every set back.

How have I personally attacked and blamed RL? There was plenty of scope to do that with his predecessor!

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
I would imagine that Lowe will be doing all he can to bring in another goal scorer before the window closes. He’s trying to create a completely new side playing a totally different style of football, so I would say it will be at least another month until things start to click, if not longer. If we get two wins this week at home, it will represent a really great start for a team in transition. A win and a draw would also be good. If we happen to lose one of them, it won’t be a disaster at this early stage of the season. Fully expecting three points on Tuesday night though. The main thing is for the crowd to stay with them, rather than getting frustrated when things don’t quite come off. It took quite a while before Bury got into gear and remember he took over there In January of the previous season.

Jun 8, 2014
Perhaps a touch out of date now because I wrote this before the Newport game, but did a piece for Argyle Life that sort of covered how I feel on how we've started. So far we're off to a good start (evident because we're in the top 7 after 3 starts) and we don't look anywhere near the heights that Bury hit throughout last year.

http://argyle.life/opinion/from-the-off ... cylinders/

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
Josh Pope":3lfnd0e9 said:
Perhaps a touch out of date now because I wrote this before the Newport game, but did a piece for Argyle Life that sort of covered how I feel on how we've started. So far we're off to a good start (evident because we're in the top 7 after 3 starts) and we don't look anywhere near the heights that Bury hit throughout last year.

http://argyle.life/opinion/from-the-off ... cylinders/

I doubt Bury did last year after 3 games.

Jan 27, 2012
I think Taylor is a quality footballer. He wont score many because he plays very deep with his back to the goal, but his hold up play and ability to bring others into the game is excellent. Mickey Evans was similar.
Whether or not he suits Lowe's system I don't know- but at league Two level its surely useful to have a player with the ability to win headers and retain the ball in the attacking half of the pitch.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
gaspargomez":1hqgt48b said:
I think Taylor is a quality footballer. He wont score many because he plays very deep with his back to the goal, but his hold up play and ability to bring others into the game is excellent. Mickey Evans was similar.
Whether or not he suits Lowe's system I don't know- but at league Two level its surely useful to have a player with the ability to win headers and retain the ball in the attacking half of the pitch.

I can't imagine why we wouldn't keep him in our squad and on the bench. Which games he starts/comes on is entirely a decision for RL.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Knibbsworth":keqp412x said:
For anyone too down in the dumps, just remember we outplayed Newport yesterday. They had a 5 minute period of pressure and found a goal where we didn't in numerous periods of pressure. The first half was one way traffic. A Newport fan told me we were streets ahead of Mansfield.

We need a few tweaks, but Lowe has got the foundations of the side up and running quickly. Three clean sheets and one goal conceded in his first 4 competitive matches.

If anyone can get the Telford/Taylor axis working it will be Lowe.

Totally agree.

I thought Taylor had a decent game to be honest.. he certainly played better than Telford who seemed to be pushed off the ball a little easily.

We had a lot of threat down
The left with Mayor and McFadzean combining well, but we offered very little down the right. For me I just don’t think Riley is a wing back as he had lots of opportunities one in one but couldn’t get one cross in or beat his man... Newport realised this and overloaded our left in the 2nd half which made the Mayor/McFadzean link up less effective.

I fully believe that Byron Moore will end up at RWB (just like he did for Bury) when he gets fit instead of Riley.

Newport are a decent side and at times we made them look poor, RL will fix the problems.. I’m sure.

Mar 21, 2010
Plymouth
JannerinCardiff":ijngdco7 said:
Knibbsworth":ijngdco7 said:
For anyone too down in the dumps, just remember we outplayed Newport yesterday. They had a 5 minute period of pressure and found a goal where we didn't in numerous periods of pressure. The first half was one way traffic. A Newport fan told me we were streets ahead of Mansfield.

We need a few tweaks, but Lowe has got the foundations of the side up and running quickly. Three clean sheets and one goal conceded in his first 4 competitive matches.

If anyone can get the Telford/Taylor axis working it will be Lowe.

Totally agree.

I thought Taylor had a decent game to be honest.. he certainly played better than Telford who seemed to be pushed off the ball a little easily.

We had a lot of threat down
The left with Mayor and McFadzean combining well, but we offered very little down the right. For me I just don’t think Riley is a wing back as he had lots of opportunities one in one but couldn’t get one cross in or beat his man... Newport realised this and overloaded our left in the 2nd half which made the Mayor/McFadzean link up less effective.

I fully believe that Byron Moore will end up at RWB (just like he did for Bury) when he gets fit instead of Riley.

Newport are a decent side and at times we made them look poor, RL will fix the problems.. I’m sure.

How often did Byron Moore play RWB for Bury last season ?

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
I think it’s more the fact that Moore himself has said that Lowe has used him at Wing back, so clearly RL feels Moore offers something in that position.