Lowe - post Charlton | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Lowe - post Charlton

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
the_corkscrew":232fi4fs said:
Nobby":232fi4fs said:
I like what i'm hearing, but the players certainly won't. Dangerous game.

if he's right, the players need to hear it

In private, ideally.

Oct 14, 2015
oldage":342d0zyd said:
Pafcineurope":342d0zyd said:
Taken from the BBC League 1 page;

"I need players who want to follow Ryan Lowe's suit and my coaching staff's suit, and if I can't get them then I don't know, but the likelihood of me getting them is very strong," he said.

"We've been in discussion with the board and talking about recruitment and everything else, it's been going on for a while, but it just epitomises what we need.

"It's the same messages, the same things. We need men, we need people who've got that desire to keep the back door shut and we need people who've got that desire to make sure we score down one end and they don't go up the other end and score."

In my humble opinion Mr Lowe has wasted a lot of good feeling; does anyone still believe his "mates in Liverpool/Rangers etc" are going to send down or transfer players for him? He talks the talk but doesn't walk the walk. Bury Argyle was an experiment that has not worked. I'm afraid to say that he is out of his depth and insisting on playing his way may well cost us dear this season. If we stay up we need a defensive coach, and some players with backbone to PLAY for Argyle. Not so many loanees. Back to basics Mr Lowe. Final question - has Lowe relocated his family yet? He has the long term contract in his pocket so now is the time.
Lowe used the fact his family haven't moved to prove how hard he is working!

I wonder how many days he actually spends with the squad due to his family not living down here.

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
i have just plucked up the courage to watch his post match interview.it will be very interesting to see who isn't selected for the inevitable defeat at oxford.

Mar 14, 2009
We celebrate our best, most creative player in a way l just don’t understand.

Yes without Mayor we would be weaker. But that says more about the quality of the rest of our squad. There is no end product.

This comes from a fan who wanted to adore this guy. Who was so excited about seeing him. Yet after two seasons of constantly watching no end product and him disappearing in the second half of games l just can’t keep on waiting for him to produce performances on a consistent basis. Yes there are flashes, but the key word here is consistent.

It’s like making a fantastic looking cake. You marvel at it. Your looking forward to it. Then you eat it and find that the cake that doesn’t look as good actually tastes way better.

Here we are desperate to keep hold of him. And for what? The odd moment of brilliance because the rest of our squad is so poor.

Last night Charltons second goal. No tricks. No magic. Just a guy whipping an excellent cross from the touchline into the box. That’s just as beautiful. Unfortunately, in many fans eyes it’s not as eye catching.

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
Metal_Green_Mickey":2kame9bk said:
We celebrate our best, most creative player in a way l just don’t understand.

Yes without Mayor we would be weaker. But that says more about the quality of the rest of our squad. There is no end product.

This comes from a fan who wanted to adore this guy. Who was so excited about seeing him. Yet after two seasons of constantly watching no end product and him disappearing in the second half of games l just can’t keep on waiting for him to produce performances on a consistent basis. Yes there are flashes, but the key word here is consistent.

It’s like making a fantastic looking cake. You marvel at it. Your looking forward to it. Then you eat it and find that the cake that doesn’t look as good actually tastes way better.

Here we are desperate to keep hold of him. And for what? The odd moment of brilliance because the rest of our squad is so poor.

Last night Charltons second goal. No tricks. No magic. Just a guy whipping an excellent cross from the touchline into the box. That’s just as beautiful. Unfortunately, in many fans eyes it’s not as eye catching.
he won't be here next season mate.mark my words.

Jul 6, 2009
Danny Mayor certainly polarises opinion. Every team needs one player like him in the team and if he didn't play the next match we would not be as good. However Carey and Lameiras were soooo much better with goals and end product.

Mar 14, 2009
skynet":1eamqiym said:
Danny Mayor certainly polarises opinion. Every team needs one player like him in the team and if he didn't play the next match we would not be as good. However Carey and Lameiras were soooo much better with goals and end product.

Can you not like a player but still think for the benefit of our team he unfortunately isn’t good enough?

What l mean by this is l can see he is a good player. His dribbling is fantastic to watch. You have to admire the skill of the guy to do that at pace.

However, l have to be honest about the last two seasons. His end product is frustrating. Doesn’t mean l think he is crap. I just look at the team and it’s built around him. And unfortunately because of this we need him to be at the top of his game consistently. And that’s unfair on him. Yet that’s where we are as a team. If he doesn’t perform we carry little to none attacking threat.

Whatever reason, whether it’s the players around him or his current position in our team system we aren’t getting what we need from him in order for Argyle to be successful.

The team comes first. If good players don’t effect the team enough on a consistent basis lm afraid you have to question their role.

Aug 5, 2016
The mad thing about Lowe bitching about his defenders, his lack of leaders.
Whinging and feeling sorry for himself in the press for the last five games.

Perhaps you shouldn’t keep loaning young central defenders who literally have no experience of senior football and making them the backbone of your side.

Perhaps you shouldn’t recruit predominantly under 23s. (When is the last player we signed who wasn’t?)

Perhaps you shouldn’t rely on the loan market, on players who have no intention of being here long term.
Players not motivated by impressing to earn another year’s contract, players not threatened by not being here in a month’s time.

Sam Woods knows he is going back to Palace, Opoku knows he is going back to Fulham.
Watts knows his Newcastle home awaits him in just a few weeks. Fornah casually dribbling the ball around in circles in our own half/box against Shrewsbury without a care in the world.
In 3 months their agents and their clubs will find new random places for them to shack up for the season.

None of them truly care and why should they? Argyle don’t pay their wages and won’t decide their future. Just another bit of experience under their belt. It is almost treated like an American summer camp by these lads.

Then you look at Byron Moore and Lewis MacLeod. Not only have they got their passports and sun cream ready, they must have their possessions boxed up ready to move house judging by their performances. The one goal involving the step over and Millar finish, Byron Moore isn’t even in our half. Looking back now I don’t think he is in camera shot for any of the five goals he was on the pitch to concede, bar one - a half hearted jog back to pressure Millar before he scores via a deflection off Watts. For 4 goals he is literally nowhere to be seen.

Given that the number 3, their LB, is on hand for a tap from ten yards in if his teammate doesn’t beat him to it, I’m sure Lowe will be interested why Moore doesn’t even appear to have made it back into our half in all of these decisive occasions when a bit of defensive support wouldn’t have gone amiss.

Lowe will have learnt a lot about himself and his squad in these last ten games, and from the sounds of his interview he has learned some lessons. The days of the junior back line here on work experience may be over.

I think Lowe deserves the chance to show he is only human and he has learned where he went wrong this season.

Jul 12, 2016
Knibbsworth":1701xgwr said:

Perhaps you shouldn’t keep loaning young central defenders who literally have no experience of senior football and making them the backbone of your side.

Perhaps you shouldn’t recruit predominantly under 23s. (When is the last player we signed who wasn’t?)

Perhaps you shouldn’t rely on the loan market, on players who have no intention of being here long term.
Players not motivated by impressing to earn another year’s contract, players not threatened by not being here in a month’s time.

Sam Woods knows he is going back to Palace, Opoku knows he is going back to Fulham.
Watts knows his Newcastle home awaits him in just a few weeks. Fornah casually dribbling the ball around in circles in our own half/box against Shrewsbury without a care in the world.
In 3 months their agents and their clubs will find new random places for them to shack up for the season.

None of them truly care and why should they? Argyle don’t pay their wages and won’t decide their future. Just another bit of experience under their belt. It is almost treated like an American summer camp by these lads.

Then you look at Byron Moore and Lewis MacLeod. Not only have they got their passports and sun cream ready, they must have their possessions boxed up ready to move house judging by their performances. The one goal involving the step over and Millar finish, Byron Moore isn’t even in our half. Looking back now I don’t think he is in camera shot for any of the five goals he was on the pitch to concede, bar one - a half hearted jog back to pressure Millar before he scores via a deflection off Watts. For 4 goals he is literally nowhere to be seen.

Given that the number 3, their LB, is on hand for a tap from ten yards in if his teammate doesn’t beat him to it, I’m sure Lowe will be interested why Moore doesn’t even appear to have made it back into our half in all of these decisive occasions when a bit of defensive support wouldn’t have gone amiss.

Lowe will have learnt a lot about himself and his squad in these last ten games, and from the sounds of his interview he has learned some lessons. The days of the junior back line here on work experience may be over.

I think Lowe deserves the chance to show he is only human and he has learned where he went wrong this season.
Well sald

Michael Fleet

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Sep 15, 2003
I applaud Ryan Lowe for coming out and saying what he has about these players. There's nothing that infuriates fans more than players lacking any pride or commitment and Lowe has spoken not only for himself but for us fans. Bring Sawyer and McCormick in to the team for Saturday in the hope they can instill some passion.

Sep 28, 2003
May be Danny , would be a sensational player if he had the right coach , it can't be so hard to coach a player to shoot ! can it!
He has all the other aspects of his game .

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Knibbsworth":waqjg8st said:

Well said.

Byron Moore has been the most disappointing player of the season, he's gone backwards compared to last season. Moore is less.

22 substitute appearances says it all, the same as Ben Reeves - is there a competition between these two fringe players?

Moore somehow gets the nod as a sub, usually as a striker, ahead of more deserving players on the bench (is he on an appearance related contract?) and you'd think he'd be busting a gut to earn a starting place in the next game, but no, he just saunters through the minutes he has on the pitch without breaking a sweat.
Why does he get selected instead of Lolos?

Last season he was so full of energy and momentum and looked interested.

Jul 12, 2016
Michael_Fleet":lwhq0wm8 said:
I applaud Ryan Lowe for coming out and saying what he has about these players. There's nothing that infuriates fans more than players lacking any pride or commitment and Lowe has spoken not only for himself but for us fans. Bring Sawyer and McCormick in to the team for Saturday in the hope they can instill some passion.
We've got enough problems without them adding to it :facepalm: