Lowe - post Charlton | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Lowe - post Charlton

mutley marvel

Cream First
āœ… Evergreen
Feb 13, 2021
: Will we get a public apology from the players after last night disgrace- i doubt it very much

How can you motivate the unmotivated- these are professional well paid people that have stuck 2 fingers up at Argyle

RL is clutching at straws if he thinks a 8am punishment is going to magically solve the issues that he has chosen to avoid all season

This is to little to late- putting them on the naughty step for the rest of the week is all well & good but come Saturday they will all be on the team sheet as if nothing has happened

These so called players checked out a long time ago- why continue with them they will not change their ways with 3 games to go

Play the youngsters who will wear the shirt with pride & the players who do care for the remaining games- the other players can just exit the building now :banghead:

Jul 12, 2016
Nobby":2icou0bn said:
I like what i'm hearing, but the players certainly won't. Dangerous game.
What is dangerous about it?Our club is more important than any manager or players.If the players don't like being told a few home truths it just emphasises how soft they are. Get shot of most of them,they have had enough chances to improve already.

May 30, 2019
A brutally frank interview imo. Clearly identified the flaws in the squad and need to change. I, for one, am happy to judge Lowe and team after this summer's recruitment. There should be a lot of player movement out and in.

Mar 21, 2006
Pebbles042":vc5zs6zk said:
A brutally frank interview imo. Clearly identified the flaws in the squad and need to change. I, for one, am happy to judge Lowe and team after this summer's recruitment. There should be a lot of player movement out and in.

Other than the players who are in contract - who would you want to keep?

Iā€™ll start - Danny Mayor - thatā€™s it.

Mar 10, 2017
Ipplepen
The guy will be criticised whatever he does. I dred the reaction if he defended the players. He is dead right to call them out. Too many loan players who canā€™t wait to get back home, no leaders and there hasnā€™t been since canavan left ( which is a mistake that he didnā€™t replace him). We need an experienced back bone to the team, but that cost money.

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
āœ… Evergreen
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
Jul 28, 2010
silkman":c9m9uybd said:
Pebbles042":c9m9uybd said:

Other than the players who are in contract - who would you want to keep?

Iā€™ll start - Danny Mayor - thatā€™s it.

Edwards, Aimson and on the basis that they didn't play last night Opoku (if there is a chance) and Grant.

Surprisingly Reeves and Moore did at least try when they were on but neither are up to League 1.

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
oldage":1lm6k2hk said:
Nobby":1lm6k2hk said:
What is dangerous about it?Our club is more important than any manager or players.If the players don't like being told a few home truths it just emphasises how soft they are. Get shot of most of them,they have had enough chances to improve already.

Because he's calling the entire group soft and slamming them publicly. We aren't signing a whole new squad in the summer. Some of these lads have to keep playing for him. That's why it's a dangerous game.

If you want good examples of why slamming your players repeatedly doesn't work, take a look at Jose Mourinho and Frank Lampard who have both lost their jobs recently.

Jan 28, 2011
SHROPSHIRE
Pebbles042":1z8cgvrt said:
It could be too late by then . I can't see where the next point is coming from and our fate will be decided by Rochdale

Forest of Dean Green

āœ… Evergreen
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
Mar 5, 2009
Gloucestershire
Iā€™m not sure what the bloke could have said after that in order to make people happy. Maybe a clearer statement that they got their recruitment strategy wrong, that the preferred formation and tactics have been found out and need amendment. Or he needs the calibre of player who can play that way, which we just donā€™t have. But it seems clear that he is awake to the fact that things have to change and this team doesnā€™t cut the mustard. He has some challenges though. Other than the loanees who of the out of contract players are in the ā€˜too soft/no pride categoryā€™ as clearly they canā€™t stay? And who of the contracted players that now need a boot up their backside or moving on? Heā€™s made a play on a few long term contracts. Heā€™s got to turn those into winners now.

The Doctor

šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
Nobby":3izy4h3w said:
oldage":3izy4h3w said:
Nobby":3izy4h3w said:

Because he's calling the entire group soft and slamming them publicly. We aren't signing a whole new squad in the summer. Some of these lads have to keep playing for him. That's why it's a dangerous game.

If you want good examples of why slamming your players repeatedly doesn't work, take a look at Jose Mourinho and Frank Lampard who have both lost their jobs recently.

But obviously he is not ONLY doing that. He will have spoken to players individually also. There will be some who know (because he will have told them) that they are working on the right lines and not the focus of his comments. There will be others who he will have spoken to individually and been very clear that they are not performing.

999mattyg

āœ… Evergreen
šŸš‘ Steve Hooper
Auction Winner šŸ‘Øā€āš–ļø
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Feb 13, 2007
Launceston
vibratingspider":21q2f7zq said:
He's just called his own team out as being soft, and that there's no winners in the team. "The group's soft", he repeated. How on earth does he expect them to play for him when he says that about them? It's his tactics that they follow, and it's clear they're absolutely all over the place at the back.

Draw from his comments what you will, but it feels like a very divided dressing room from the outside looking in - obviously a massive assumption based on some of the comments he's made there, but it ain't looking good.

If they canā€™t ā€˜front upā€™ when the manager calls them soft then heā€™s right and they donā€™t deserve to wear the shirt!
We donā€™t know how long heā€™s been saying the same things in the dressing room over and over!
They are soft, there are no leaders and most of us have being saying this for ages. Too many loanees! Major rebuild in summer. He knows what he needs for league 1 then we should judge.

Oct 15, 2017
Knibbsworth":30u1m942 said:
Andy Maidenhead":30u1m942 said:
Ryan..I want to know your plans to rectify things for next season? Fear your 'revolutionary tactics' have been fully discovered now by all n sundry.
Scouser banter not gonna cut it..you got one incredibly expensive support teams for League One..
This project is becoming an irresponsible waste of Mr Hallett's generosity.
I fear, alas, you are out of your depth..want to be wrong...start by getting rid of your expensive mate Mayor

Danny Mayor. The popular boo boy.

The only one who visibly tried tonight and kept trying to drag us towards having a goal scoring chance.

Have to agree without Mayor we would never get up the pitch.

Jul 29, 2016
Brussels, Belgium
Taken from the BBC League 1 page;

"I need players who want to follow Ryan Lowe's suit and my coaching staff's suit, and if I can't get them then I don't know, but the likelihood of me getting them is very strong," he said.

"We've been in discussion with the board and talking about recruitment and everything else, it's been going on for a while, but it just epitomises what we need.

"It's the same messages, the same things. We need men, we need people who've got that desire to keep the back door shut and we need people who've got that desire to make sure we score down one end and they don't go up the other end and score."

In my humble opinion Mr Lowe has wasted a lot of good feeling; does anyone still believe his "mates in Liverpool/Rangers etc" are going to send down or transfer players for him? He talks the talk but doesn't walk the walk. Bury Argyle was an experiment that has not worked. I'm afraid to say that he is out of his depth and insisting on playing his way may well cost us dear this season. If we stay up we need a defensive coach, and some players with backbone to PLAY for Argyle. Not so many loanees. Back to basics Mr Lowe. Final question - has Lowe relocated his family yet? He has the long term contract in his pocket so now is the time.

Jul 12, 2016
Pafcineurope":xlw6d6re said:
Taken from the BBC League 1 page;

"I need players who want to follow Ryan Lowe's suit and my coaching staff's suit, and if I can't get them then I don't know, but the likelihood of me getting them is very strong," he said.

"We've been in discussion with the board and talking about recruitment and everything else, it's been going on for a while, but it just epitomises what we need.

"It's the same messages, the same things. We need men, we need people who've got that desire to keep the back door shut and we need people who've got that desire to make sure we score down one end and they don't go up the other end and score."

In my humble opinion Mr Lowe has wasted a lot of good feeling; does anyone still believe his "mates in Liverpool/Rangers etc" are going to send down or transfer players for him? He talks the talk but doesn't walk the walk. Bury Argyle was an experiment that has not worked. I'm afraid to say that he is out of his depth and insisting on playing his way may well cost us dear this season. If we stay up we need a defensive coach, and some players with backbone to PLAY for Argyle. Not so many loanees. Back to basics Mr Lowe. Final question - has Lowe relocated his family yet? He has the long term contract in his pocket so now is the time.
Lowe used the fact his family haven't moved to prove how hard he is working!