More bad news... (Saturday’s ref) | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

More bad news... (Saturday’s ref)

Apr 20, 2008
Plymouth
We’re playing Peterborough on Saturday, so what we really want is a referee who sees everything, especially all of the potential antics that a Steve Evans team can get up to.

Sadly though... it’s Chris Sarginson. The man who looked directly at Dean Kelly assaulting a ball boy, and decided to do nothing, before later claiming that he didn’t see it to save his own skin.

My confidence of getting something out of this game after 4 poor performances was very low... now, it’s practically zero.

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
Dan Ellard":3rvbiaj5 said:
We’re playing Peterborough on Saturday, so what we really want is a referee who sees everything, especially all of the potential antics that a Steve Evans team can get up to.

Sadly though... it’s Chris Sarginson. The man who looked directly at Dean Kelly assaulting a ball boy, and decided to do nothing, before later claiming that he didn’t see it to save his own skin.

My confidence of getting something out of this game after 4 poor performances was very low... now, it’s practically zero.
:facepalm: pre match referee blaming.i've heard it all now!

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
I’d take a 2-0 defeat right now.

Yesterday’s second half performance has got me worried

Jun 4, 2015
Ford
Jeez, it's Peterborough for Christs sake, not bleddy Brazil! :lol: Argo typically tend to raise their game against the so-called 'better' teams so how sweet would it be to put one over yet again on Motormouth Evans. 2-1 Argyle. There, I've said it! :thumbup:

Apr 20, 2008
Plymouth
Steve Evans":37ym3faf said:
Dan Ellard":37ym3faf said:

:facepalm: pre match referee blaming.i've heard it all now!
I’m normally not one for this Steve, at all. Certainly so far this season, we’re on 2 points from 4 games because we’ve been rubbish, not because of referees.

This is an exception rather than the rule. He’s that bad.

Alan Turing

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jul 24, 2010
Mutley
He is a poor referee, but maybe, just maybe, his ineptitude will favour us on Saturday to kick start our season.

Sep 25, 2010
Dan Ellard":49kso7y4 said:

That’s strange, according to the official appointment list we have got Craig Hicks, Sarginson is at Crawley Town

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
Talk about getting the excuses in early :facepalm:

One thing is for sure though - as bad as he maybe as a ref he certainly isn't as bad as our team and their inept performances this season

I'm sure we will manage to make him look like Pierluigi Coliina

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Martyn":1yynefgm said:
Dan Ellard":1yynefgm said:

That’s strange, according to the official appointment list we have got Craig Hicks, Sarginson is at Crawley Town

Yep. It's Craig Hicks for us on Saturday. He was the ref for the same fixture last season and sent off a Peterborough player which led to Evans criticising him after the game.

The EFL might have realised this and changed to Sarginson.

Mike Greening

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 2, 2008
Martyn":2smpg6df said:
Dan Ellard":2smpg6df said:

Perhaps the EFL changed it.

Apr 30, 2017
Just checked on MOAS (Match Official Appointment Service) the official listing is as follows;

Plymouth Argyle FC (First Team) v Peterborough United FC (First Team)
Football League 1
Referee: Sarginson, Christopher
Assistant Referee: Hendley, Andrew
Assistant Referee: Morris, Kevin
Fourth Official: Laver, Andrew

Seems as though Messrs Hicks and Sarginson have swapped games.

Sep 25, 2010
Yep, sounds like it has been changed. Wonder if the fat man had an input to the change, after his criticism last season.

Sep 6, 2006
Alan Turing":2yago7gb said:
He is a poor referee, but maybe, just maybe, his ineptitude will favour us on Saturday to kick start our season.

No don't you know? Refs are always against Argyle!

Oct 31, 2015
Sargison has been poor for a few seasons but give him the benefit of the doubt. If he gives fat guy a cardiac so be it.

Cant believe we had wycombe and that hateful man in the same week all be it Ainsworth did very well last night