Youngsters play Exmouth at Coach Rd Tuesday (Sept 25, 7.30) | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Youngsters play Exmouth at Coach Rd Tuesday (Sept 25, 7.30)

Feb 9, 2013
Argyle's next game in the South West Peninsula League Premier Division is a 'home' game against Exmouth Town at Devon FA headquarters, Coach Road, Newton Abbot, TQ12 1EJ on Tuesday (Sept 25) ko 7.30pm.

Aug 12, 2018
Will it be the 'Youngsters' that lost at Elburton, Milbrook and Tavi or the '1st team squad & Youngsters that have put us top of the League ? As we have no midweek 1st team game then I would guess that DA will put the HP & Valley non performers in as a kick up the jacksy :thumbs: :scarf:

May 8, 2011
TruroTerry":132cwe51 said:
Will it be the 'Youngsters' that lost at Elburton, Milbrook and Tavi or the '1st team squad & Youngsters that have put us top of the League ? As we have no midweek 1st team game then I would guess that DA will put the HP & Valley non performers in as a kick up the jacksy :thumbs: :scarf:

Just to correct a couple of points. There were no Ist team squad in the team that beat Saltash on Friday or Willand on wednesday and we haven’t lost to Millbrook,

Aug 12, 2018
Apologies just going on what I heard. I understand we drew with Milbrook. So is it an U21s team ? Also what happens when win the league do we follow Parkway up or keep the costs down and stay in the Peninsula ?

May 8, 2011
TruroTerry":3e787mqz said:
Apologies just going on what I heard. I understand we drew with Milbrook. So is it an U21s team ? Also what happens when win the league do we follow Parkway up or keep the costs down and stay in the Peninsula ?

The SWPL team is Plymouth Argyle Reserves, therefore any player registered at Argyle is eligible to be selected to play.
It is a way of giving non playing 1st team squad members or enabling players returning from injury some match fitness that is why the team for each match is different.

Argyle Reserves can’t progress further up the football pyramid or enter the FA Cup.

Apr 29, 2016
TruroTerry":3tpk56il said:

And which non performers do you think need a kick up the jacksy?

Aug 12, 2018
So when we won 5-0 away at Torppint, Cullompton and Launceston no 1st team squad members played ?

A lot of Peninsula clubs are unhappy with the varied strength teams that Argyle Reserves put out which they say is dependent on what fixtures the 1st team have. Therefore it has an effect on the whole league both promotion and relegation.

Jan 25, 2011
plymouth
TruroTerry":3gvars5g said:
So when we won 5-0 away at Torppint, Cullompton and Launceston no 1st team squad members played ?

A lot of Peninsula clubs are unhappy with the varied strength teams that Argyle Reserves put out which they say is dependent on what fixtures the 1st team have. Therefore it has an effect on the whole league both promotion and relegation.
But it was the clubs from the SWPL that voted Plymouth Argyle Reserves in to the league.

May 8, 2011
TruroTerry":2jpoqox9 said:

No first team squad players in the Torpoint match and Argyle went down to 10 men, quite a few in the Launceston game, don’t know about Cullompton. There were first team squad players in the team that drew with Millbrook.

It was explained to the Clubs what Argyle would be using the SWPL matches for when they applied to join, so it shouldn’t be a surprise to them when the squad varies from game to game.

Perhaps the Clubs don’t want to help Argyle, which if true is a bit sad as Argyle have helped quite a few financially through having friendlies and giving them increased attendances.

Jul 19, 2018
London
argyle.life
So far, the reserves (Cooper, Hodges, Law, Bentley, Rooney, Sangster, Battle, Jephcott, Fletcher) have played 52.7% of the minutes in the SWPL (6263), the professionals (mostly Moore, P. Grant, Wylde, Ainsworth and Dyson) 26.1% (3104 minutes) and the apprentices 21.2% (2513 minutes). For the most part, the reserves have played every minute possible, with the pros and apprentices filling in when they've got more than a game a week. With Law now back from injury, it's likely that the pros will play even fewer minutes.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
....and goalscorers :-
Battle 7, Fletcher 7, Jephcott 7, Dyson 5, Lolos 2, Randell 2, Rooney 2, Ainsworth 1, Canavan 1, Lameiras 1, Sangster 1 and Wylde 1.

Aug 12, 2018
Fantastic stats there chaps. Be interesting to see the team at Newton Abbot this evening, with no midweek game might give an indication of how DA is thinking with regards to Donny on Saturday.

Im assuming these reserve/youngsters players have contracts and are full time ?

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Anybody got the team news yet?

With the current injury situation not expecting any senior pros to be involved.