Youngsters play Exmouth at Coach Rd Tuesday (Sept 25, 7.30) | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Youngsters play Exmouth at Coach Rd Tuesday (Sept 25, 7.30)

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
Steve Evans":2r3wp43f said:
this is a tenuous link to argyle but fulham played there youngest ever player last night in the first team....

......in, what is for them, a meaningless cup fixture.

Apr 29, 2016
Steve Evans":xf6ujot2 said:
this is a tenuous link to argyle but fulham played there youngest ever player last night in the first team.he is 15 years old!play fletcher for the rest of the season derek. :furious:

Good luck to the lad but he only played 10 minutes in the Carabao cup. Don’t see that that justifies picking Fletcher for the whole season on a similar basis.

Aug 12, 2018
Apparently it was Launceston 5-1 game where £5K a week David Fox and a host of others played which caused the raised eyebrows.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Seeing you know Foxy's salary, how about letting us know the rest? Not a spreadsheet just a brief run down would be good.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
davie nine":1n5v5ovt said:
....and goalscorers :-
Battle 7, Fletcher 7, Jephcott 7, Dyson 5, Lolos 2, Randell 2, Rooney 2, Ainsworth 1, Canavan 1, Lameiras 1, Sangster 1 and Wylde 1.

Great stats thanks. Could you tell me how many minutes Fletcher has played in getting those 7 goals?
. C

A

Argyle2005

I managed to watch some of the 2nd half on Tuesday evening and I have to admit I was very impressed by the style of our football. The centre backs, including Jordan Bentley, were confidently playing out from the back and driving forward with the ball when space permitted and the likes of Cameron Sangster were taking up some very clever receiving positions in between the lines. I also like the way that Cameron plays little balls around the corner to try and make the attacks more progressive.

Exmouth had a couple of Royal Marines in their line-up and at times this 'physicality' highlighted the fact that not many of the Argyle lads have reached their peak physically yet. Generally this will happen around the age of 21 so I think its a massive step forward in the sense that an U23 team in the club will afford these lads the opportunity to reach their full potential. In one situation a cross was put into the box and the Exmouth forward robustly took out two our our lads in one go and they both ended up in a heap on the floor....

All in all though, my overriding impression of the game was that our youngsters are at least looking to play the game in the right way and technically looked quite good. Oh and as people have already mentioned, the save by Cooper, after a powerful shot had taken a slight deflection, was truly outstanding!!! :clap:

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
JannerinCardiff":9657et1u said:
davie nine":9657et1u said:
Battle 7, Fletcher 7, Jephcott 7, Dyson 5, Lolos 2, Randell 2, Rooney 2, Ainsworth 1, Canavan 1, Lameiras 1, Sangster 1 and Wylde 1.

Great stats thanks. Could you tell me how many minutes Fletcher has played in getting those 7 goals?
. C
No idea. Only deal in goals. Over to you, NickSS?

Jul 19, 2018
London
argyle.life
davie nine":3j2qmt45 said:
JannerinCardiff":3j2qmt45 said:
davie nine":3j2qmt45 said:

. C
Happy to oblige.
Fletcher has 8 goals in total (1 came in the Central League - I group the reserve matches rather than just looking at it on a tournament by tournament basis) and those 8 goals have come 870 minutes, so a rate of one every 108.8 minutes. In the SWPL alone we're looking at 735 minutes, so one every 105 minutes.
Fletcher is - currently - the most potent goalscorer for the reserves, but Battle and Jephcott are averaging a goal every 110.8 and 111.1 minutes respectively; if either score tonight then they'll almost certainly jump ahead of Fletcher, but that kind of minutia isn't that relevant. The point is, all three have been very impressive in front of goal (especially since Jephcott and Battle hasn't been playing as strikers).
This is hardly surprising for Battle and Fletcher given that they averaged a goal a game last season in all reserve competitions, (26 goals in 28 apps for Battle and 18 in 19 for Fletcher), but Jephcott has clearly made a step up this season given he averaged a goal every 154 minutes for the reserves last year. All of which suggests that there is definitely something that a young player gains from playing in the SWPL for their first season as a pro but the improvement might stagnate a bit in their second season as they look for greater challenges. Obviously that wasn't all part of the question, but I thought I'd elaborate a bit while I was on the point of it.

Aug 12, 2018
IJN":fegrsqb9 said:
Seeing you know Foxy's salary, how about letting us know the rest? Not a spreadsheet just a brief run down would be good.

I do not pretend to know the salary of any player at PA, however I would say he is on considerably more than £3k a week wouldn't you ?

I think everyone has an idea of what players at HP are paid. Nobody would say that Carey is on less than £5k and probably a lot more more with bonuses. Let's just say I heard Foxy turned down a move to Salford City to stay here for one more season.

Beat Donny tomorrow and it's all irrelevant :scarf:

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
NickSS":23ifwzju said:
davie nine":23ifwzju said:
JannerinCardiff":23ifwzju said:
davie nine":23ifwzju said:

. C
Happy to oblige.
Fletcher has 8 goals in total (1 came in the Central League - I group the reserve matches rather than just looking at it on a tournament by tournament basis) and those 8 goals have come 870 minutes, so a rate of one every 108.8 minutes. In the SWPL alone we're looking at 735 minutes, so one every 105 minutes.
Fletcher is - currently - the most potent goalscorer for the reserves, but Battle and Jephcott are averaging a goal every 110.8 and 111.1 minutes respectively; if either score tonight then they'll almost certainly jump ahead of Fletcher, but that kind of minutia isn't that relevant. The point is, all three have been very impressive in front of goal (especially since Jephcott and Battle hasn't been playing as strikers).
This is hardly surprising for Battle and Fletcher given that they averaged a goal a game last season in all reserve competitions, (26 goals in 28 apps for Battle and 18 in 19 for Fletcher), but Jephcott has clearly made a step up this season given he averaged a goal every 154 minutes for the reserves last year. All of which suggests that there is definitely something that a young player gains from playing in the SWPL for their first season as a pro but the improvement might stagnate a bit in their second season as they look for greater challenges. Obviously that wasn't all part of the question, but I thought I'd elaborate a bit while I was on the point of it.
Intrigued that you are able to provide such detailed information. Goal scorers are easy enough to record.

May 8, 2011
TruroTerry":29tnv8nb said:
Apparently it was Launceston 5-1 game where £5K a week David Fox and a host of others played which caused the raised eyebrows.

Tonight against Ivybridge there were no first team players but a side including 5 U18s and they won 6-0, will that cause a few raised eyebrows?

Jul 19, 2018
London
argyle.life
davie nine":1unj296y said:
Intrigued that you are able to provide such detailed information. Goal scorers are easy enough to record.
I only record basic stats for the youth and reserves: starts, subs, goals, assists, conceded, minutes. From there they go into a spreadsheet and it produces a series of further basic stats: Clean sheets, clean sheets per match, goals conceded/90 minutes, goals/90, goal involvement (goals+assists), goal involvement/90, assists/90.
For the main team I record as many stats as possible: some 60 per player. For example, Matt Macey catches 68.7% of crosses he attempts to clear, Antoni Sarcevic is averaging 3.47 dribbles/90 minutes, Freddie Ladapo has the lowest aerial duel success rate (33.4, minimum 20 attempted), on average David Fox is beaten (dribbled past) three times for every tackle he makes, and Ashley Smith-Brown has made the most attempted passes in a single match (71, Peterborough).

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
NickSS":246awby5 said:
davie nine":246awby5 said:
I only record basic stats for the youth and reserves: starts, subs, goals, assists, conceded, minutes. From there they go into a spreadsheet and it produces a series of further basic stats: Clean sheets, clean sheets per match, goals conceded/90 minutes, goals/90, goal involvement (goals+assists), goal involvement/90, assists/90.
For the main team I record as many stats as possible: some 60 per player. For example, Matt Macey catches 68.7% of crosses he attempts to clear, Antoni Sarcevic is averaging 3.47 dribbles/90 minutes, Freddie Ladapo has the lowest aerial duel success rate (33.4, minimum 20 attempted), on average David Fox is beaten (dribbled past) three times for every tackle he makes, and Ashley Smith-Brown has made the most attempted passes in a single match (71, Peterborough).
Fantastic stats, Nick. Is that for use by the club or is it just out of personal interest?

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Just checked your previous posts and now realise that you are involved with the Argyle Life website. I’ve not looked at it up to now but I will in the next few days. Very interesting and intriguing statitistics that you produce for all levels of PAFC.