Graham Carey | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Graham Carey

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
One of the best Iā€™ve seen in an Argyle shirt.

I still mourn him leaving us.

Imagine him in this squad?

up the line

šŸš‘ Steve Hooper
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Attendance 800 according to soccerway :funny:
Lameiras' new lot managed a whopping 3824 at home to Sporting the other day
:lol:
Football forum for ex players yeah??

Feb 24, 2009
Paignton, Devon
The end of the first clip reveals the goalkeeper was one letter away from having a very unfortunate surname :oops: :funny:

Oh, and yes, two superbly taken goals. Second one reminded me of a goal I scored like that once.....it was a back pass though :facepalm:

Mark58

ā™£ļø Senior Greens
āœ… Evergreen
Feb 19, 2018
up_the_line":2r88psqr said:

Money notwithstanding, (and, of course, I accept that is a huge consideration for pro footballers nowadays) it's difficult to understand how GC10 feels he is better off leaving Argyle to be a fringe player (less than 50% starts) for a middle-European outfit with gates that even Excretia City would regard with disdain. :sigh:

Sep 6, 2006
themightykeithfear":3nmew9p0 said:
Well Iā€™m grateful for the post, always interested in our Alumni, particularly someone who played such a fantastic part in our recent history. To state the bleedin obvious if youā€™re not interested donā€™t read it, unfortunately same old faces desperately looking for something to moan about. Cheer up it may never happen. :sigh:

Fantastic part in our history :lol:
Remind us how that ended.

Mar 16, 2009
London
Mark58":3nsjslw6 said:
up_the_line":3nsjslw6 said:

Money notwithstanding, (and, of course, I accept that is a huge consideration for pro footballers nowadays) it's difficult to understand how GC10 feels he is better off leaving Argyle to be a fringe player (less than 50% starts) for a middle-European outfit with gates that even Excretia City would regard with disdain. :sigh:

Itā€™s called ambition

Famalicao in with a chance of Europa League qualification, CSKA possibly even Champions League.

Anyway, 2 world class goals any neutral fan of football should enjoy viewing.

May 1, 2011
A class player who always gave 100% for Argyle, it would be churlish of any Argyle supporter not to wish him the best.

Aug 5, 2015
Nobody doesnā€™t wish him the best. Whatā€™s churlish is posting every time he scores. I donā€™t recall this happening with any other ex Argyle player. By the way Bradley won an amazing header yesterday!

up the line

šŸš‘ Steve Hooper
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Kentishgreen":l4h5blrk said:
Nobody doesnā€™t wish him the best. Whatā€™s churlish is posting every time he scores. I donā€™t recall this happening with any other ex Argyle player. By the way Bradley won an amazing header yesterday!

Hey.
Just FYI, Gozie Ugwu scored for Ebbsfleet against Hartlepool yesterday.
Ryan Donaldson didn't score in the same game.

Tugboat

Cream First
šŸ‡°šŸ‡Ŗ Welicar Donor
āœ… Evergreen
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Feb 24, 2007
Justin":3rzyw4jg said:
Mark58":3rzyw4jg said:
up_the_line":3rzyw4jg said:

Itā€™s called ambition

Famalicao in with a chance of Europa League qualification, CSKA possibly even Champions League.

Anyway, 2 world class goals any neutral fan of football should enjoy viewing.

I think itā€™s also looking after your family.

This contract was probably GCā€™s last/most financially lucrative one.

If we, for example offered him and 2 year deal on Ā£3k a week and they offered a 3 year deal on Ā£5k a week why shouldnā€™t he take it?

Admittedly the football aspect isnā€™t more appealing but if he has a chance to financially stabilise his family more so then heā€™d be a fool not too.

FWIW I think heā€™s taking a really difficult decision and put money before ambition. Fair play to him.

May 1, 2011
Kentishgreen":2yjewh58 said:

It's a football forum....where fans discuss football. Shock.....

Aug 5, 2015
No the only thing that shocks me is people who donā€™t get it when everyone doesnā€™t worship at the altar of their favourite ex player. I assume that as this is a football forum Iā€™m allowed to express my view

Apr 29, 2015
He played when he felt like it last season, he moved on because he wanted to, it's all about him.

was he disruptive in the dressing room? Does he think he's better than he really is? Don't care he's gone