Direct debit via the fans | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Direct debit via the fans

Apr 27, 2017
Evening all,

I saw some ideas floating about, on how we can generate some well needed money into the club. I put something on twitter today, asking if fans would be comfortable in setting a direct debit up to the club each month. You could set up whatever you could afford, maybe £5,£10 etc. If people wanted, and could afford more, then even better.

The idea was well received amongst fans today, and the majority said they would be willing to set this up. Simon and Jane have invested immensely to Argyle, so if we can pump some cash into the club to help out in these unforeseen times, then that would be fantastic.

I reckon we would have quite a lot of fans be willing to contribute to this idea. I have asked Simon about the proposal, and he said he will pass on through the club.

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
Norwichpilgrim":31f1prdg said:
Evening all,

I saw some ideas floating about, on how we can generate some well needed money into the club. I put something on twitter today, asking if fans would be comfortable in setting a direct debit up to the club each month. You could set up whatever you could afford, maybe £5,£10 etc. If people wanted, and could afford more, then even better.

The idea was well received amongst fans today, and the majority said they would be willing to set this up. Simon and Jane have invested immensely to Argyle, so if we can pump some cash into the club to help out in these unforeseen times, then that would be fantastic.

I reckon we would have quite a lot of fans be willing to contribute to this idea. I have asked Simon about the proposal, and he said he will pass on through the club.

https://www.pafc.co.uk/news/2020/june/f ... he-future/

If supporters wish to contribute to the club immediately, we advise that the best vehicle to do so is by making a purchase from the online Argyle Superstore.

Alternatively, if fans wish to donate money without material return, they can transfer funds via PayPal, or send a cheque to Plymouth Argyle Football Club, Home Park, Plymouth, Devon, PL2 3DQ.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Straight donations into the Argyle bank account would be the best option.

PayPal won't get their slice then.

Direct Debit is also a good idea.

Meanwhile you can always do it the VERY easy way via Pasoti. :greensmile:

Whatever way you choose, it will help I'm sure.

Apr 27, 2017
IJN":285huvw8 said:
Straight donations into the Argyle bank account would be the best option.

PayPal won't get their slice then.

Direct Debit is also a good idea.

Meanwhile you can always do it the VERY easy way via Pasoti. :greensmile:

Whatever way you choose, it will help I'm sure.

Definitely :thumbup:

I just think the direct debit idea appeals to quite a large group of people. Just say 3000 signed up at values between £5-£20 a month, Argyle would be getting some decent money coming in, and like you say minus the PayPal fees etc.

I agree though, any idea/method of contribution Will be gratefully received by the club :scarf:

Feb 15, 2005
Happy to donate directly to the clubs bank account, where are the details? SH mentioned not wanting season ticket money returned, how do we do this or do we not ask for a refund.

Apr 20, 2011
Tetbury
buck197":3g2be34v said:
Happy to donate directly to the clubs bank account, where are the details? SH mentioned not wanting season ticket money returned, how do we do this or do we not ask for a refund.

It hasn’t been communicated yet but I saw it’ll be soon.

I think the club have taken the right tone for this particular thing. If that refund helps someone in a tight spot, they should absolutely take it. There are things more important than the club.

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
buck197":sbth2owv said:

Regarding ticket money

Of course, ticket-holders for the 19/20 season – whether they are season-tickets, flexi tickets, or individual match tickets – can make a significant contribution by simply waiving their right to refund – although we understand that some supporters will not be in the position to do so. More information on ticket refunds and waivers will be provided in the eventuality that the season is formally concluded.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
buck197":39sfbekt said:

You have a PM. :thumbup:

Jul 9, 2008
Plymouth
Just tweeted about this but that may not be the right forum. I sense many would gladly set up a DD to help ensure survival of the club and support the amazing leadership of the Chairman and Board. We just need the mechanism to do it, not sure you can DM everone Ian!! :thumbup:

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Haha I was simply giving Buck the bank details I use Dunc.

Kevin Gollop

🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Sep 24, 2003
Plymouth
Easy enough to set up a standing order with bank details, though appreciate IJN wouldn't want to post them publicly without permission

Feb 15, 2005
IJN":p9inv1yo said:
buck197":p9inv1yo said:

I can’t see a message on my account ?

Dec 22, 2009
West London
I'll be donating to the club..... although it's an odd concept to donate money to a limited company. The club aren't a charity - perhaps Simon should issue shares (assume that the value could include his recent cash injections).

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
buck197":b49d0awj said:
IJN":b49d0awj said:
buck197":b49d0awj said:

I can’t see a message on my account ?

I sent you an E Mail a few moments ago.

Easier that way.