Plymouth Argyle Daily News - Friday 15 January | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Plymouth Argyle Daily News - Friday 15 January

Site Manager

Administrator
Apr 3, 2013
Friday 15 January

Argyle's bid for Ipswich Town right-back Janoi Donacien has reportedly been turned down ... East Anglian Daily Times.

First-team coach Kevin Nancekivell and midfielder Conor Grant take part in a virtual discussion about men's mental health .... club website.

Argyle are top of the League One form table for home games and bottom for away games ... www.visualformguides.com

Young midfielder Adam Randell extends his loan at Torquay United until the end of the season ..... club website.

The Daily Mail has a scouting report on Argyle keeper Michael Cooper .... Link.

The FA, EFL and Premier League issue a joint statement confirming the Covid related safety measures undertaken and the intention to finish the season .... statement.

Argyle will receive a £42,500 broadcast fee for the FA Cup game against Sheffield United being shown live on the BBC digital platform taking the total FA Cup prize and TV money to £166,472. The winner of the tie will receive £67,500 prize money while the losing team will pick-up £22,500. Updated.

The rise and career of Ruben Lameiras ... Tuga Scout.

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
very interesting article about ruben.i think he will play for the national team soon and in three years time join either barcelona or real madrid. :thumbup:

Feb 12, 2019
Plymouth
Ruben really was great. I still can't believe Adams left him out of the 'squad' for several games i saw him watching the games in the stands with the public

Dec 3, 2005
Why would they change the prize money in later rounds, doesn't make sense.
Every round until now the losing team received some money.

Must be 'fake news' .

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
The FA updated their website yesterday, losing clubs will now receive £22,500.... Link.

lien60

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jun 16, 2006
plymouth
That article on Cooper is wrong they are saying he had a loan spell at Truro

Jun 27, 2019
Steve Evans":2ct7xuln said:
very interesting article about ruben.i think he will play for the national team soon and in three years time join either barcelona or real madrid. :thumbup:

Can't see that happening, Steve. He's 26 now and doesn't have a single international cap to his name, youth or otherwise. If he really was that good one of the big boys in Portugal would have signed him, not Vitoria - who have modest status to say the least.

He's done extremely well for himself but Barca or Madrid? Not a prayer.

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
WoodsyGreen":36f4rw03 said:
Steve Evans":36f4rw03 said:

Can't see that happening, Steve. He's 26 now and doesn't have a single international cap to his name, youth or otherwise. If he really was that good one of the big boys in Portugal would have signed him, not Vitoria - who have modest status to say the least.

He's done extremely well for himself but Barca or Madrid? Not a prayer.
a very fair post but i live in hope.

Jul 14, 2008
Yea I think the best he could do would be to go to one of the big boys in Portugal and get a few caps for his country. Both of which would still be a fantastic achievement.

Aug 24, 2009
Lameiras is a fantastic player, sadly our manager of the day could not see it, sadly he was one that got away which is a very similar scenario to Ashley Barnes. I recommended Nick Bailey to us when he played for Sutton United, he actually played for them against us in the FA youth cup which Sutton won. I was told by Mr James that he could not afford him which was a shame because 3 years later he was sold for over a million pounds. I have always questioned our ability to recognise good players in the making.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I think that's the first time Ive seen Reuben compared with Barnes.

If you asked 1000 people coming away from one of our CCC games 'Will Ashley Barnes make it in the CCC' probably 950 would have said 'no'. If you had asked 1000 Argyle fans is Reuben a very very good player' Id say 850 would have said 'yes'.

It's all about opinions though, that's what makes football what it is.

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
IJN":bk8vrhd5 said:

If you asked 1000 people coming away from one of our CCC games 'Will Ashley Barnes make it in the CCC' probably 950 would have said 'no'. If you had asked 1000 Argyle fans is Reuben a very very good player' Id say 850 would have said 'yes'.

I'm in the same camp as you Ian. If someone would have told me he would go on to make 168 Premier League appearances I would have thought they were having a laugh.

I suppose in some ways, we have to credit him with making the most of his abilities. Whereas you find some players who are much more talented but never make it due to one reason or another,

Jan 7, 2007
Plymouth
Emu":217avfio said:
IJN":217avfio said:

I'm in the same camp as you Ian. If someone would have told me he would go on to make 168 Premier League appearances I would have thought they were having a laugh.

I suppose in some ways, we have to credit him with making the most of his abilities. Whereas you find some players who are much more talented but never make it due to one reason or another,

It also illustrates how much the average punter knows about the game.i.e. very little.