Plymouth Argyle Daily News - Friday 15 January | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Plymouth Argyle Daily News - Friday 15 January

May 22, 2006
Guimaraes are not the fifth biggest team in Portugal. They are not one of the five teams to have won the league. They have only ever won two trophies and nothing since 2012-13 season.

On trophies won they are 8th=. They currently sit sixth in the league.

Jan 18, 2009
Bittaford
argyleforever":299e9kiy said:
Ruben really was great. I still can't believe Adams left him out of the 'squad' for several games i saw him watching the games in the stands with the public
Uhh who signed him? Carey and Reuben were a cut above anything else we currently have despite Mr Lowe selling us the dream that Danny is better than both put together! I dont think its DAs judgement you should be doubting...

Aug 24, 2009
The point I make about there talents not being appreciated or identified is not that they are compared because they are very different footballers, Lameras is a quick creative player who will score a lot of goals and Barnes was very raw when we had him although he displayed a very competitive edge, if he lost possession he was quickly back in the face of the player, his aggressive play is equally in evidence to-day although he is more professional about it. A centre forward is usually spoke about his return of goals and not on his ability to occupy the defenders which allows his partner to score. he is an expert at the latter which was apparent for the limited time he was with us.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Mike Charlick":1t8at6sy said:
It also illustrates how much the average punter knows about the game.i.e. very little.

I am living proof of that without a doubt. :greensmile:

But come on Mike, how many people would have plotted the careers of Barnes and Bolasie? Anyone??

Jun 27, 2019
IJN":j4fbhblo said:
Mike Charlick":j4fbhblo said:
It also illustrates how much the average punter knows about the game.i.e. very little.

But come on Mike, how many people would have plotted the careers of Barnes and Bolasie? Anyone??

I thought Noone was the better prospect but it didn't really work out for him at the highest level.

Hourihane was another one who probably surprised a few people.

Aug 17, 2005
IJN":3jnipkoq said:
Mike Charlick":3jnipkoq said:

A player I like to use when saying how little I know about the game is Mike Trusson. Watching him as a player in mainly reserve matches I used to say he plays as though his boot laces are tied together. His career in the game has made a monkey of me and i was told and reminded of it by mike frequently when he was here.

Jul 12, 2016
WoodsyGreen":1odtni6u said:
IJN":1odtni6u said:
Mike Charlick":1odtni6u said:

I thought Noone was the better prospect but it didn't really work out for him at the highest level.

Hourihane was another one who probably surprised a few people.
I hear Villa are looking to loan Hourihane out.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
IJN":24b5mwtg said:
Mike Charlick":24b5mwtg said:

I understand that Barnes gives credit to Gus Poyet for turning his career around.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
IJN":on89391j said:
Mike Charlick":on89391j said:

You were quite right about Barnes though. He never did make it in the CCC. He was taken off against Palace at half time and was then shipped off to Torquay on loan, never to play in the CCC ever again.

:greensmile: