A Night with Ollie | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

A Night with Ollie

Sep 25, 2010
X Isle":14ljxhao said:
Martyn":14ljxhao said:
PlymouthCasual":14ljxhao said:
I still cant believe that people refuse to see that Holloway had the rug swept from under his feet by StapleC***

The way Holloway went about his departure certainly left a sour taste in my mouth at the time, but the fire sale which proceeded after his departure justified his decision completely.

Times move on and I never once wanted Holloway to manage us after Adams departure, I would certainly wish him well in the future though.

Think somebody has been giving you ‘porkies’, he created the situation, the bloke left us for his own good. He followed the money,

As somebody mentioned earlier, he is a complete snake in the grass

A chat in a pub In Plymouth, not advertised in advance, sums it all up.
"Good riddens"...

Sums you up :lol:

Fine I’ll take it.

Just so pleased all the Polls on here, were so damn wrong. Wonderful

Hollowords was not even interviewed, after he applied for the job. Wonderful

At least people in authority had the sense not even to consider him. After what he did to the club last time.

Mar 8, 2011
Plymouth
I’m sure everybody on this forum has done something in the past they regret. I was as angry as the next man when Holloway left us in the way he did but he’s came out and apologised many times since and I genuinely believe he means it.

Good luck to him.

Oct 28, 2011
Nottingham
I was really disappointed with the way things went at the time but it is quite a while back now and the guy has said that he regrets his decision how many times?

Yes the way that he left wasn't great but if he'd had more backing from the board and the City before this happened then we could have ended up in the Prem., but that's all history now.

Mar 18, 2014
All of this "knowledge" of that time is only coming from the slimy Cundle Ollowords....................who from the board have had the right to reply.
What's that saying, something to do with leopards and spots????????????????

Monster Green

Cream First
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Jan 12, 2007
Plymouth
PlymouthCasual":37e7ikde said:
Martyn":37e7ikde said:
PlymouthCasual":37e7ikde said:
I still cant believe that people refuse to see that Holloway had the rug swept from under his feet by StapleC***

The way Holloway went about his departure certainly left a sour taste in my mouth at the time, but the fire sale which proceeded after his departure justified his decision completely.

Times move on and I never once wanted Holloway to manage us after Adams departure, I would certainly wish him well in the future though.

Think somebody has been giving you ‘porkies’, he created the situation, the bloke left us for his own good. He followed the money,

Lets just look at the facts and take away all opinions for one moment.

November 2007 - Argyle are 7th and Holloway asks for more funds to propel his play off push and tie down current key members of the squad.
Novemebr 2007 - Buszaky leaves for QPR on loan and refuses to re-sign for Argyle due to a dissagreement in Agent fees.
Novemeber 2007 - Holloway Leaves for Leicester
January 2008 - Gosling Sold to Everton 1.5m
January 2008 - Ebanks Blake sold to Wolves 1.5m
January 2008 - David Norris (Who holloway was asking to have his contract renewed) Leaves for Ipswich. 3m

Total 6m

All three absolutely key players to our future at that time. Who did we replace these key players with?

Jermaine Easter - 210k
Lucas Jutkiewicz - Loan
Yohann Folly - 750k

Now you tell me that Holloway never saw this coming and jumped ship before ship really hit the fan! What happened to that 5 or so million in transfer fees that we acquired? But Stapleton can walk the streets and nobody says a word. Cant get my head around it at all.

So are you saying PS banked the 5mil, walked away smiling whilst swinging his brolly? So deluded if you think that. The money was banked, and once the investors came in / Kagami got wind every last penny was stripped from the club.

PS is a massive Argyle fan and has not set foot in HP since. He made mistakes for sure, but some of the unsubstantiated accusations and abuse he gets is not right.

Oct 3, 2003
Dundee
History precis aside, Hollow remains a head coach and never a club manager, the man should be let nowhere near finances then or now.

"Realistic ambitions of becoming a sustainable Championship club." Hmmm. When leaving League One last season Argyle were way off top half in terms of punching power in the transfer market or in resource for bringing youth through. That'll remain the case once returning to L1 won't it. Therefore Championship level seems all rather unthinkable under the current setup, surely.

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
Kentishgreen":1qsgfdhs said:
Sounds like most people have moved on apart from Ollieargyle. Most people want to see change and a future rather than hankering after the past. I know I’ll never see another Paul Mariner play for Argyle but that doesn’t stop me from cheering on whoever currently wears the no 9 shirt. I don’t look back and say he’s not as good as Paul Mariner or if only he was still young enough to play for us. I, like most others, have moved on. Time some others did.

A thread full of people talking about 10+ year old misdemeanours of a bloke who hasn't been involved with the club for just as long and I'm the only one here who hasn't moved on?

Have a day off :wave:

Jul 19, 2006
Yorkshire
PlymouthCasual":20tmq2xr said:
Martyn":20tmq2xr said:
PlymouthCasual":20tmq2xr said:

Times move on and I never once wanted Holloway to manage us after Adams
departure, I would certainly wish him well in the future though.

Lets just look at the facts and take away all opinions for one moment.

November 2007 - Argyle are 7th and Holloway asks for more funds to propel his play off push and tie down current key members of the squad.
Novemebr 2007 - Buszaky leaves for QPR on loan and refuses to re-sign for Argyle due to a dissagreement in Agent fees.
Novemeber 2007 - Holloway Leaves for Leicester
January 2008 - Gosling Sold to Everton 1.5m
January 2008 - Ebanks Blake sold to Wolves 1.5m
January 2008 - David Norris (Who holloway was asking to have his contract renewed) Leaves for Ipswich. 3m

Total 6m

All three absolutely key players to our future at that time. Who did we replace these key players with?

Jermaine Easter - 210k
Lucas Jutkiewicz - Loan
Yohann Folly - 750k

Now you tell me that Holloway never saw this coming and jumped ship before ship really hit the fan! What happened to that 5 or so million in transfer fees that we acquired? But Stapleton can walk the streets and nobody says a word. Cant get my head around it at all.

If quoting figured get them right our record sale is Halmosi at 2.5 million Norris was 2 million

Folly cost 200k along with 200k for Clark and 500k for MacLean somewhat more investment than suggested admittedly not at the levels of the sales but there was a lot of money coming in and a lot going out for average players
Folly was one of the strangest decisions releasing abdou for free and replacing with a similar worst replacement for 200k seems a terrible decision at the time and no better after all these years of reflection

Oct 31, 2015
Blimey some of you hold long grudges. :crazy:

We all make mistakes and it's how you learn from them and come out a better person is the key.

I work in a fairly pressurised environment where there can be strong words weekly. If we all held grudges the days would be horrible.

Some of you are holding the grudge for years :funny:

Move on and look forward learning from the past. We were close back then but didn't get a cigar.

For the record I would have been content with Olly as our leader.

Oh and as others have said I didn't see this advertised anywhere.

Aug 5, 2015
I think people have moved on. It’s just that there’s no point in hankering after the past and pretending everything was rosy and it’s hard to understand why so many people seem to wish to do so. Believe it or not there have been better times and some better players but that’s all in the past and counts for nothing. Now is now.

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
Kentishgreen":1j4dm7wz said:
Have a day off says the man who calls himself ollieargyle. Enough said.

Oooh, no not my username. Nothing like hitting a man where it hurts, how ever will I recover.

I'll take that as you conceding how daft you sound claiming I'm the one who hasn't moved on in a thread full of people wallowing over a decade old slight of our club...

Aug 5, 2015
No because I don’t hanker after the past. Never have done, never will. I just don’t understand those that do.

Aug 10, 2006
RKB":11xfnhki said:
If I had been there I would have shaken him by the hand and thanked him for building and managing the best and most attractive side I have ever seen. I totally understand why he left at the time, and although Leicester was a mistake, look what he achieved with Blackpool. That could, and should have been us, but the board made the wrong decision at the time Holloway went to them for more money, the first of several catastrophic decisions that were to be our downfall.
well said we had the manager to take us to the premier but the wrong chairman.

Sep 25, 2010
loyal1970":1tuv8v7i said:
RKB":1tuv8v7i said:
If I had been there I would have shaken him by the hand and thanked him for building and managing the best and most attractive side I have ever seen. I totally understand why he left at the time, and although Leicester was a mistake, look what he achieved with Blackpool. That could, and should have been us, but the board made the wrong decision at the time Holloway went to them for more money, the first of several catastrophic decisions that were to be our downfall.
well said we had the manager to take us to the premier but the wrong chairman.

Absolute rubbish